Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-13-2015, 07:08 PM   #1
ALambert14
Minors (Single A)

Would you try to dump this guy?

His development of late has scared me as he has dropped in GB% by 5% in a matter of a few months. He has amazing trade value as he is considered to be the most valuable piece in the league right now considering age, talent, contract, exc.

Would you bail to reap the rewards now? I haven't competed yet in the three years I have been in the league and I'm probably another year away (in off-season now)

Thanks!
Attached Images
Image Image 
ALambert14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #2
ALambert14
Minors (Single A)

wanted to add the development history that has me concerned
Attached Images
Old 08-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #3
ALambert14
Minors (Single A)

bump goes down in stuff overall

Old 08-02-2015, 09:42 PM   #4
ALambert14
Minors (Single A)

but he did manage to go up to 9 stamina. I have placed him on a 110 pitch count to try to protect him a bit.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #5
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

I wouldn't dump him yet. The guy is an absolute stud at 25 years old.

His GB% is still very good also.

However, I would dump him if he starts to lose more stuff, control, and movement.
spider_monkey_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:47 PM   #6
ALambert14
Minors (Single A)

Thanks!

I'll hang on to him but another downtrend sign and I think it's time to try to get the most I can for him hopefully he stays strong and even gets back to a 10 in stuff
Old 08-10-2015, 12:39 AM   #7
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALambert14 View Post
Thanks!

I'll hang on to him but another downtrend sign and I think it's time to try to get the most I can for him hopefully he stays strong and even gets back to a 10 in stuff
I don't pay much attention to player development reports. They will go up and down throughout the season.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #8
MmmRocks
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
I'd shop him around and look for an offer you can't refuse. If you're a few seasons away from competing, you may be better off getting a few prospects who will likely be studs in a few years and will be cost controlled. I'd hold out for a really good return though, pitchers like this are hard to find and if you think you can keep him under contract, he could be your ace for the next 7 years.

I'd also keep in mind, that if you do go in to rebuilding mode, you increase your chances of being able to draft a pitcher like this and free up money to spend in IFA.

Last edited by MmmRocks; 08-15-2015 at 10:47 AM.
MmmRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:31 PM   #9
ALambert14
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the advice. I haven't really gotten any offers worth pulling the trigger yet and he's been solid so far this year

We are currently 21-23 but only 1GB in the division and just a #2 away form being serious contenders... Still sorta riding the fence on him for now but he hasn't had any additional bumps so hopefully that has ended
Old 08-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

If his movement drops further he is going to give up taters. Keep him but continue to shop. Identify players you would like to acquire via a dedicated shortlist and be prepared to take a little less for a player who meets a more critical need. If you find a shopped player right click on him and use the trade screen to configure a slightly better trade ie maybe a younger analogue of the shopped player. I find most of my trades happen that way as long as I'm willing to give value for value.

Do you have enough pitching to be without him?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:03 PM   #11
ALambert14
Minors (Single A)

This is actually an online league and my biggest need right now would be SP so puts me in a bit of a pinch. I had two SP specs that failed to develop and look like busts right now.