Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-13-2015, 03:06 PM   #1
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Draft date question

I have a fictional league with college feeder system. Would it cause an issue if i change the draft date to november basically after the post season is over in my fictional league?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
I have a fictional league with college feeder system. Would it cause an issue if i change the draft date to november basically after the post season is over in my fictional league?
Yes. Your feeder leagues need to still be playing when the draft pool is announced. So in order for this to work you'd have to change the schedule of your feeder leagues.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:14 PM   #3
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarrett View Post
Yes. Your feeder leagues need to still be playing when the draft pool is announced. So in order for this to work you'd have to change the schedule of your feeder leagues.
Thanks! i will give that a try and see how it works out. Also if a player isnt signed by the deadline, is there a way to make him a free agent instead of him going back into next season's draft pool?
Old 02-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #4
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

I turn off the deadline and salary stuff because I hate players reentering the draft pool since it's so arbitrary. I do my draft alternatively between March and the end of the season. I like my feeders to run before drafting, so I usually schedule it for November 1st and taht way I have stats (stats only) to go on.

When it was just ratings, I was more flexible about it and would do it in June or July often.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:16 PM   #5
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I could be very wrong, of course, but I'm not sure this is true. I had a small league with feeders back in OOTP13, and held my draft on December 1, with the pool revealed a month prior. The feeder league schedule ended in August, and I never noticed any issues with it.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:22 PM   #6
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

I will try that then, turning off deadline and the salary...after backing up my league. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #7
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I changed the schedule of my feeder then changed date of the draft...all seems to have worked well. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2015, 11:51 AM   #8
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Can anyone elaborate on this subject?

My particular situation is I have a semi-fictional league (importing just a few real players manually every year and some real teams), I have set up a college feeder that should fill 95% of my draft and will manually create a few players every year that are straight out of HS (age 18) with the intent of having the majority of players going to college.

So my question is: If I have a 50-60 game college season that ends in June, my college feeder is set up ages 18-21 with ability to enter draft 1 year early, how will OOTP handle this if my draft is in November? Ideally I would like players to have completed 3 or 4 years with stats and then my league to draft right after the season. I just don't want players to somehow disappear from the game because of setting something up wrong. Or if they turn 22 during the season what happens, that sort of stuff. I haven't played OOTP in 2 years, so I forgot how this all works with feeders and draft dates.

Also what would happen if my feeder league ended its season AFTER the draft pool is announced? say I have my draft June 15, pool announced 30 days ahead of time but the College season ends June 7 (after playoffs).
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote