Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Real life players in ootp

And your leagues using either real leagues or fictional you guys may have real life MLB players. Have you had any that did so much better in the game that they did real life or did some of them do worse than they did in real life?

For example in my fictional league or use a real MLB players of all eras, Dwight Gooden is a 300 game winner but Pete Rose was a career minor-leaguer. Hank Aaron only hit 177 career home runs.

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 10-14-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
sprague
All Star Starter

That is because how the game rates the guys based on actual stats, they do not compare to the ficitonal generated players (esp in a 24+ team league). Fielding ratings are way way lower than they should be (again compared to the ficitional generated players) and that hurts real players get playing time for a while.
A few pitchers come in the opposite, a bit too good and they can dominate.

That is why I have had to make my own adjusted ratings for all real life major league historical players. I am in the process of updating them for 14 or 15. For me without that as adjusted ratings, which makes them have carreers more like their actual ones+ with exceptions of course, but without my ratings I wouldnæt use them except in say small 6-8 team leagues where the generated potential ratings would make them good players in a small universe
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #3
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

In my current random debut league, Hank Aaron was drafted in the late 90s (plus) and was signed to the Rockies (plus) so he is hitting home runs like crazy. Strangely, though the Rockies made him play 2nd base. I checked his real fielding stats and in real life he played 43 games out of over 3000 games in that position. I like that kind of strange stuff.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
In my current random debut league, Hank Aaron was drafted in the late 90s (plus) and was signed to the Rockies (plus) so he is hitting home runs like crazy. Strangely, though the Rockies made him play 2nd base. I checked his real fielding stats and in real life he played 43 games out of over 3000 games in that position. I like that kind of strange stuff.
Was it toward his rookie year he played 2nd? Was that the position he was rated at? Just curious....
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

I just notice Ray Boone in my same league is doing better than in real life. He's 32 in the game been plaguing for 11 seasons and is a 6 time All-star and 2 time batting champion and 34 hits away from 2000. At his age he might get to 3000

Old 10-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Vern Fuller is my all-timer in this category. In real life, played 3 or 4 seasons in the late 60s. In OOTP, 25 seasons with over 3000 hits!

Britt Burns is another. Out of the majors after 1985 in real life, still going strong in 1996 in OOTP with over 250 wins.

On the opposite end, Charlie Hough was nearly a career minor-leaguer, not making it to the majors until 1988. Only played 6 seasons, with a pretty lousy career record.

Last edited by ThatSeventiesGuy; 10-19-2014 at 01:33 PM.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #7
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

I like to play with recalc off so it's pretty common to see players under or over perform. This guy was the one that stands out most to me. Liu Rodriguez, who hit 1 home run in 93 at-bats in real life, but ended up hitting 442 career home runs.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #8
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Personally I like these type of surprises. Seeing real players in tie game and seeing them just kill it or just failing.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:49 PM   #9
slugga27
All Star Starter

Real life players in ootp

Quote:
Originally Posted by akw4572 View Post
Was it toward his rookie year he played 2nd? Was that the position he was rated at? Just curious....

He was actually originally a shortstop, so he had middle infield experience.
slugga27 is online now   Reply With Quote