Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #61
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Could it be that it's none of our business? I don't reveal anything about my finances and income (and that's what sales info is) unless required by law or to get credit. I don't know any company that releases more than required info about sales for these obvious reasons.
From all business.com:

"A private company can be a corporation, a limited liability company, a partnership, or a sole proprietorship, as long as the shares are privately held and not traded publicly.

Although private companies are legally required to file certain documents with their state and follow required compliance laws for shareholders, public companies must follow strict government regulations.

Private companies are not required to publicly disclose financial information, while public companies are required by the Securities and Exchange Commission to file an annual report documenting their performance in detail.

Because private companies don't have to disclose financial information, they can focus on long-term growth instead of making sure shareholders are getting their quarterly dividends.

Private companies don't need shareholder approval for operational and growth strategy decisions made by the company, as long as that is stated in their corporate documents."

OOTP is privately held, and European, which means there are EVEN FEWER reporting requirements than for an American privately held company. In Europe, bearer stocks are legal - pieces of paper that attest that the bearer owns X percent of the company - which allow effectively anonymous ownership.

I own a private corporation, and I sit on a public board, and the disclosure differences are absolutely staggering,
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #62
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt View Post
That sounds like a shot at Canada. Maybe you have Swiss blood.
Sorry, all of my ancestors came to America across the land bridge from Asia.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #63
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Sorry, all of my ancestors came to America across the land bridge from Asia.
Where was Chris Christie when we needed him?......
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #64
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Bradc I know the funding might not be there but ever consider doing commercials on tv stations in us baseball cities
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #65
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Could it be that it's none of our business? I don't reveal anything about my finances and income (and that's what sales info is) unless required by law or to get credit. I don't know any company that releases more than required info about sales for these obvious reasons.
True.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OOTP has grown quite a bit in the last few years, but it is still FAR away from the popularity & sales numbers of soccer management games in Europe. It's a totally different league, but we're making progress each year. And if one day we sell 10% the copies which Football Manager from SEGA / SI does, then I'm a happy camper.
Smooth sailing to you! Oh wait, that does not match your "camper" metaphor. Uh, Happy Trails to You!

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #66
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

Baseball management sims, at least in my eyes, have more potential than any other major sport in this realm. Though I acknowledge soccer is a far more popular sport worldwide, no other professional game has anywhere near the same emphasis on numbers and statistics that baseball has. Baseball fans, by nature, love statistics. It's part of what made us fall in love with the game. Given that management sims are ruled more by numbers than by sight (we can't actually see the game in OOTP, obviously), baseball is probably the easiest sport I can think of to envision without 3D movement. I've never played FM, nor do I know if it has 3D-graphics (I imagine it does), but I also doubt their graphics are overly high-tech.

Duluth Danger (HBL) Dynasty Report -- Online League Franchise
Duluth - 1985/1989 North League Champions!

Last edited by Mr. Baseball; 07-06-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Mr. Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #67
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baseball View Post
Baseball management sims, at least in my eyes, have more potential than any other major sport in this realm. Though I acknowledge soccer is a far more popular sport worldwide, no other professional game has anywhere near the same emphasis on numbers and statistics that baseball has. Baseball fans, by nature, love statistics. It's part of what made us fall in love with the game. Given that management sims are ruled more by numbers than by sight (we can't actually see the game in OOTP, obviously), baseball is probably the easiest sport I can think of to envision without 3D movement. I've never played FM, nor do I know if it has 3D-graphics (I imagine it does), but I also doubt their graphics are overly high-tech.
Agreed.

Baseball is absolutely perfect (IMO) for this type of game.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #68
GosoxJ
Bat Boy

Quote:
Steam is 75 million prospective gamer customers. If there was ever a place to market, Steam is it.

I cannot urge you strongly enough to press hard for a Steam Workshop and online Steam head to head play. And also to market heavily to the FM crowd on Steam. It's a recipe for success.
For what it's worth, FM and OOTP share 3 tags in the store.

Quote:
OOTP has grown quite a bit in the last few years, but it is still FAR away from the popularity & sales numbers of soccer management games in Europe. It's a totally different league, but we're making progress each year. And if one day we sell 10% the copies which Football Manager from SEGA / SI does, then I'm a happy camper.
I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. I don't have any specific numbers to back this up, but I'm sure there are far more soccer fans in Europe than there are Baseball fans in America. I think it would be more realistic to look at it as a percentage of the fans, which might bridge that gap significantly. Also worth noting is that if the WBC continues, it might eventually drive interest from other markets as well.
GosoxJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #69
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
Where was Chris Christie when we needed him?......
In 7000 BC? He wasn't even a bad dream.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #70
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Bradc I know the funding might not be there but ever consider doing commercials on tv stations in us baseball cities
Signs at televised MLB games?

Old 07-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #71
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
So, I stopped reading this thread on the top of page 2. OOTPD better try to keep potential customers out of the forums, which are a repulsive, ugly, and hostile place these days, with daily ****storms of the tiniest of things, before said potential customers have completed their potential purchase. What is it that every single thread outside the dynasty boards (and sometimes even inside them!) do have to spiral out of control like that!? What a fantastic circle of knife-wielding, saber-toothed, constantly upset queens of hurt feelings we have around here. Great place to spend your free time.

Had to get that one outta my park.

You may now continue to be offended.
Sadly, a few members continue to tell players in every thread to not play certain modes or certain settings, that their opinion is wrong, and that it's the only way to play the game.

And that couldn't be further from the truth.

Remember, just like politics and cable news, the idiot mouths speak the loudest and the lowest common denominator feeds on it. You have to tune them out to find the truth.

"It's your game, play it your way...."

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #72
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Sadly, a few members continue to tell players in every thread to not play certain modes or certain settings, that their opinion is wrong, and that it's the only way to play the game.

And that couldn't be further from the truth.

Remember, just like politics and cable news, the idiot mouths speak the loudest and the lowest common denominator feeds on it. You have to tune them out to find the truth.

"It's your game, play it your way...."
I agree with the last sentence, but beyond that that post wasn't just wrong - it was bizarre.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #73
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

People like Wolf and I that press stats only are only looking out for your best interests. We don't tell you how to play because we think it's best, we know it's best and anyone who disagrees is either an idiot or a lost sheep in need of our guidance.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:35 AM   #74
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
People like Wolf and I that press stats only are only looking out for your best interests. We don't tell you how to play because we think it's best, we know it's best and anyone who disagrees is either an idiot or a lost sheep in need of our guidance.
Speak for yourself. I think stats-only is a game variant that is not for everyone, and I tell people to find the way to play the game that is most rewarding to them and then do that.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:57 AM   #75
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I think stats-only is a game variant that is not for everyone, and I tell people to find the way to play the game that is most rewarding to them and then do that.
That was clearly satire. Hence, the wink face.

Last edited by Mr. Baseball; 07-07-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:37 AM   #76
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That was clearly satire. Hence, the wink face.
My bad then.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:46 AM   #77
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panelpatter View Post
My only reason I did not get fhm or any other sim right now is i don't want to take away from my time playing ootp! If i got another game (and I love hockey) then my ootp time is cut by x, given I still have to work.

I can agree with this wholeheartedly....I'll wait until the next installment of FHM comes out before I buy that though, just so I can keep on playing OOTP more for the next few months.
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote