Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation OOTP 15 update #3 (version 15.3.11) now available!

Hey guys,

we have just released the third update for OOTP 15, version number 15.3.11. It is a maintenance update which does not introduce new features, but it includes several bug fixes (including 3D issues on the Mac, sound works now in 3D mode) and updated real opening day rosters (need to start a new game for changes to apply), so we definitely recommend installing the update.

Another change we had to make, at the request of MLB, is to remove real team nicknames for the game, unfortunately. This does not apply to existing saved games though, of course.

Update Info: To apply the patch, simply download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course. Saved games are compatible between different versions.

Important: This update is only for OOTP 15 versions which were purchased directly from us or resellers who use our version, i.e. Amazon. It is NOT compatible with Steam or the Mac OSX AppStore version! Those updates will be submitted and made available ASAP, but it will take a few days.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac OS X Installer

Download link for Linux:

Main Server: Linux Installer

Changelog:
- Fixed tiebreaking issues
- Fixed issues displaying award numbers in the history
- Improves contract AI when multiple major / international leagues are present
- Improves parts of in-game AI & scoring
- Fixed some issues with feeder leagues (i.e. college players returning to different colleges when undrafted)
- Various other small fixes & tweaks which I forgot to write down.

The next update (scheduled for June / July) will add more features and improve the 3D feature.

Cheers!
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 05-24-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Will future patches continue to be full size installers? It's not a major issue, but 293 MB for a patch is pretty big.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #3
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Love that OOTP keeps putting out updates and provides such great support for its product. I am not concerned about the nicknames things, it is a minor issue in the big picture of what OOTP provides.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #4
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356 View Post
Love that OOTP keeps putting out updates and provides such great support for its product. I am not concerned about the nicknames things, it is a minor issue in the big picture of what OOTP provides.
It's a minor issue for fans of OOTP. It might make bringing in new custom a bit harder though.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #5
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Oh man, I thought it was just gonna be MLB nicknames. It's minor leagues too.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #6
philthepat

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Oh man, I thought it was just gonna be MLB nicknames. It's minor leagues too.
Ok that turns a slight annoyance into a massive pain in the backside...
Old 05-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #7
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthepat View Post
Ok that turns a slight annoyance into a massive pain in the backside...
Only 261 name changes. On the bright side, you only have to do it once then save as quickstart.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:24 AM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Why did MLB make OOTP do that? that is gonna suck having to manually edit names in the future.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Old 05-23-2014, 10:25 AM   #9
nhoman
Bat Boy

I'm assuming either the all in one patch will eventually be updated to correct the nicknames or some other mod will come out to do it. Just a guess though.

Great work as always guys, this is the only must buy game for me every year largely because of the dedication of the developers
Old 05-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #10
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Why did MLB make OOTP do that? that is gonna suck having to manually edit names in the future.
Copyright and trademark protection. Any business would do this to protect itself.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #11
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

So, this patch is pretty much just to change the team names, and for 3-D mode, which I don't play anyway? I think I'll pass on this one, until I know of any specific bugs fixed.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #12
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Will future patches continue to be full size installers? It's not a major issue, but 293 MB for a patch is pretty big.
But it is a PITA and I can't collect the exe files by number as I have previously. Bring back the update option please!

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 05-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #13
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
So, this patch is pretty much just to change the team names, and for 3-D mode, which I don't play anyway? I think I'll pass on this one, until I know of any specific bugs fixed.

I might do the same...BUT, I pre-ordered and got a Steam key, (for mobility and flexibility reasons). AND I don't think I have a choice to update or not with Steam. Don't they just do it automatically. I.e. you can't say, 'don't!'?
Old 05-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #14
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
I might do the same...BUT, I pre-ordered and got a Steam key, (for mobility and flexibility reasons). AND I don't think I have a choice to update or not with Steam. Don't they just do it automatically. I.e. you can't say, 'don't!'?
If you right click on the game in your steam library and click on "properties", then go to the "updates" tab, there's an option that says "always keep this game up to date", you can chance that (via a drop down) to "do not automatically update this game".

Old 05-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #15
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Only 261 name changes. On the bright side, you only have to do it once then save as quickstart.
Just nickname changes but the logos didn't change (keeping fingers crossed)?
Old 05-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #16
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
But it is a PITA and I can't collect the exe files by number as I have previously. Bring back the update option please!
Why don't you simply rename the .exe before installing the patch?
Old 05-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #17
Tekneek
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Copyright and trademark protection. Any business would do this to protect itself.
I would stop short of saying that any business or all businesses would do this. Depending on their position in the world, exposure could be worth more than any ransom they could demand. They would reach an "agreement" that did not involve the exchange of any money, which surely MLB is not interested in.

If you wanted to make a management game for Major League Ultimate, the ultimate frisbee professional league, I doubt they would have lawyers try to shut you down for using names and logos. They might very well put you on the website and help promote it, as it could only help increase the stature of the league.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #18
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
Just nickname changes but the logos didn't change (keeping fingers crossed)?
After renaming, exit game then delete everything in your team_logos folder then copy correct logos to your team_logos folder and restart game.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #19
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post

Yeah this will probably be the first patch I don't download. I don't run into any bugs so any bug fixes don't really come onto play. I also don't care about anything 3d related so not important to me.

My laziness is what will keep me from downloading it, I'm too lazy to rename teams.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #20
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
I would stop short of saying that any business or all businesses would do this. Depending on their position in the world, exposure could be worth more than any ransom they could demand. They would reach an "agreement" that did not involve the exchange of any money, which surely MLB is not interested in.

If you wanted to make a management game for Major League Ultimate, the ultimate frisbee professional league, I doubt they would have lawyers try to shut you down for using names and logos. They might very well put you on the website and help promote it, as it could only help increase the stature of the league.
MLB doesn't need exposure. If MLB allows one game to use its trademarked identities for free, it has no leg to stand on to stop anyone else from using those trademarked identities. It's a no-brainer.
Closed Thread