Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #61
Khan
All Star Reserve

I can confirm this is not fixed. Nothing to do with byes though as my league doesn't have that.

Seems to be happening when you have 3-way ties or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
Unfortunately, I just ran another test and this issue, where unnecessary tie breakers are scheduled, is not fixed. OOTP still schedules unnecessary tie-breakers. I believe it has to do with when there is a wildcard as well as a bye in the league format.
Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #62
Khan
All Star Reserve

Here's a leagues final standings after 60 games. There's a 3 way tie for the wildcard at 28-22

What should happen is a game between the Falcons & Petes and then the winner faces the Storm for the WC spot.

The game between the Falcons & Petes does happen, so the Storm should play the Petes.

However, the next day this happens. The Storm instead plays the Royals who are eliminated and a game between two eliminated teams happens...

The next day two more games between eliminated teams happens...

Over the next two days 3 more unnecessary games are played between eliminated teams.
The Storm advanced playing just the one game and the Petes did not advance despite winning their only tiebreaker game.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #63
HitHighHitDeep
Bat Boy

Have a player on my team who I asked to sign an extension in the pre-season and he asked for a 1 year deal @ $12m.

Simmed through the first month and he won the batter of the month award and leads the league, or is in the top 5, in several offensive categories.

Checked to sign him again to an extension and now he's asking for a 1 year deal @ $9m.

The AI in this game needs some serious work.
HitHighHitDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #64
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Stupid question....do I need to install Update # 1 first? Or can I just install this one?
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #65
sjshaw
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
Stupid question....do I need to install Update # 1 first? Or can I just install this one?
You can just install this one.
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #66
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Just a Suggestion... Is it possible for the box scores where it shows home runs have a thing for gran slams as well because i know some of my players might get a HR and like 2-3 RBI but who knows if those players on my AAA or AA team got that 1 RBI earlier in the game and then got a 2 run HR type thing just a suggest as if it can be added...
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:34 AM   #67
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
Here's a leagues final standings after 60 games. There's a 3 way tie for the wildcard at 28-22

What should happen is a game between the Falcons & Petes and then the winner faces the Storm for the WC spot.

The game between the Falcons & Petes does happen, so the Storm should play the Petes.

However, the next day this happens. The Storm instead plays the Royals who are eliminated and a game between two eliminated teams happens...

The next day two more games between eliminated teams happens...

Over the next two days 3 more unnecessary games are played between eliminated teams.
The Storm advanced playing just the one game and the Petes did not advance despite winning their only tiebreaker game.
Weird. Are you sure the league was not already in playoff mode when you installed the patch. I have tested this issue and could no longer reproduce it with the fix.

Anyway, could you please upload the league (just the *.dat files) and OM me the link please? I'd like to have a look at the playoff configuration.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #68
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Just a Suggestion... Is it possible for the box scores where it shows home runs have a thing for gran slams as well because i know some of my players might get a HR and like 2-3 RBI but who knows if those players on my AAA or AA team got that 1 RBI earlier in the game and then got a 2 run HR type thing just a suggest as if it can be added...
This is already available in the batting description section of the boxscore. IE if Babe Ruth hits his 15th HR of the year it shows up like this...

"Homeruns: Ruth(15, 1st inning off of Johnson 3 on 2 out)"
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #69
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
This is already available in the batting description section of the boxscore. IE if Babe Ruth hits his 15th HR of the year it shows up like this...

"Homeruns: Ruth(15, 1st inning off of Johnson 3 on 2 out)"
What I mean was if babe Ruth for example hits a HR and gets 2 rbis off of the hr and then later gets an RBI and u look at the RBI it will say 3 but it won't say if it's a grand slam or if he just got 2 rbis off the hr and a single RBI we would have to check game log
Old 05-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #70
madJ
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
What I mean was if babe Ruth for example hits a HR and gets 2 rbis off of the hr and then later gets an RBI and u look at the RBI it will say 3 but it won't say if it's a grand slam or if he just got 2 rbis off the hr and a single RBI we would have to check game log
But that's exactly what "Homeruns: Ruth(15, 1st inning off of Johnson 3 on 2 out)" says. In that example it tells you that there were 3 runners on when Ruth homered meaning it has been a grand slam. For a solo shot it would have been "0 on", for a 2-run shot "1 on", and for a 3-run homer "2 on". Don't know what else you expect.
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #71
Khan
All Star Reserve

Oops, I deleted this league as I was just testing, but I do have the same QuickStart simmed many years ahead and I can see in the league history that some years, teams eliminated still played extra games. That scenario was a new league after patching.

It's a 3dx4t league where division winners plus one wild card make the playoffs, but I've seen it happen in other configs too.

I can send those files but will be later today.

Edit: The quickstart this league is based on is in the mods section if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Weird. Are you sure the league was not already in playoff mode when you installed the patch. I have tested this issue and could no longer reproduce it with the fix.

Anyway, could you please upload the league (just the *.dat files) and OM me the link please? I'd like to have a look at the playoff configuration.

Last edited by Khan; 05-12-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #72
Mike's Rangers
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It didn't update. Only choice was to save file. Can you help?
Mike's Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #73
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madJ View Post
But that's exactly what "Homeruns: Ruth(15, 1st inning off of Johnson 3 on 2 out)" says. In that example it tells you that there were 3 runners on when Ruth homered meaning it has been a grand slam. For a solo shot it would have been "0 on", for a 2-run shot "1 on", and for a 3-run homer "2 on". Don't know what else you expect.
Well, he expects it to be highlighted in the box score somehow, which is not an unreasonable request.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #74
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Well, he expects it to be highlighted in the box score somehow, which is not an unreasonable request.
From his posts I take it he doesn't want to have to go to the game log to see if a grandslam was hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000
but it won't say if it's a grand slam or if he just got 2 rbis off the hr and a single RBI we would have to check game log
He doesn't have to do that now, the info is there.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #75
madJ
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
From his posts I take it he doesn't want to have to go to the game log to see if a grandslam was hit.

He doesn't have to do that now, the info is there.
That's how I understood it as well. The info is there for sure. If it's only about some sort of hightlighted information that's requested or simply the words "GRAND SLAM" instead of "3 on", then it's something different and arguably a reasonable request. Not sure if it's needed though.
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #76
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

my bad about the HR thing... didnt know it was already included... i have only been playing since 14 so just learning stuff as i play it
Old 05-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #77
jwhite1347
Bat Boy

Maybe just me (3D post patch)

So the good news is on the mac its not an instant crash..

The bad news is once enabled it cancels out sound and no player ratings are displayed.

Sorry if this was previously reported.
jwhite1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #78
BDMarvel
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Chrome considers the update malware and will not download it. Something is wrong here...

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...d_blocked&rd=1
BDMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:33 PM   #79
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMarvel View Post
Chrome considers the update malware and will not download it. Something is wrong here...

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...d_blocked&rd=1
That's strange. I'm using Chrome and had no problem downloading on both of my computers.
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #80
kjeff
Bat Boy

won't update?

I just purchased the game 2 days ago and I received an e-mail today that there is an update. I tried installing the update through the game but it doesn't seem to work. the version at the bottom of the game reads: version 15.1 build 3 and when I check for a new update, after installing the new update I still get the message "Your version of OOTP15 is NOT up-to-date." Do I need to uninstall and then re-install to get the update or can I just run the update? Thanks.
kjeff is offline   Reply With Quote