Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #41
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

I am in the process of creating a 24 team Great Lakes vs Great Plains league. The Great Lakes league will consist of 12 teams from Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and New York. The Great Plains league will consist of 12 teams from Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska and Texas. There will be a 162 games, with a all-star game. The will be one wildcard from each league. I will have one level of minors.

I have a couple of question, does anybody have any suggestion how I can spice this league up?

Question two, what should I name the divisions in the Great Plains league after? I plan on naming the divisions after the Great Lakes. Thanks for the help
gRaider2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #42
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
I could certainly do one if you'd like although I'll freely admit some it is not the best. It's at a point where I like it but others may not but sure you can always mess with some settings if you need to.
I would love to see this quickstart.

Does the AI handle it accurately in terms of drafting and only actually carrying the accurate number of pitchers and whatnot?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #43
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
I wish more folks saved their fictional leagues as Quickstarts to give those of us who are somewhat intimidated by the customization options and not knowing what impact making changes in those regards will make to our leagues some options in that regard. I'm usually a modern MLB or historical player, but I've tried several times to play fictional without it really sticking for me. As I understand it, creating a quickstart is pretty easy, and a lot of us (or at the very least, me) would really appreciate having the additional options. Just a thought.
This. 100 per cent.

As awesome as the OOTP community is and how much is already shared, I've always been surprised that there's not more quickstarts made available.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #44
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
I would love to see this quickstart.

Does the AI handle it accurately in terms of drafting and only actually carrying the accurate number of pitchers and whatnot?
I'd be happy to create a quickstart too if there is interest. I started from the beginning in 1871, and in 1880 now. While the era doesn't necessarily fit with the structure I wanted to start from the beginning. There are 4 divisions of 4 teams in each league, and I settled on an 18 game schedule to make customizing the schedule easier.

I wanted players to start in college, so I have two leagues with two sub leagues of 10 teams. One league of 20 teams gets historical players, one league of 20 teams gets fictional players, and they both go to the majors. They all play 12 games per year.

So far the AI has done a really good job keeping the accurate number of pitchers, players, etc.

It's definitely not perfect, but my intent was to move quickly to get to a modern era, but I've got sucked in to the week to week.

I do have too many players, but I've been waiting to get to 15 and set up some smaller independent leagues. If you are interested I can put together at least a version 1 of the quickstart.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #45
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Here's an idea
Professional Slow Pitch Softball History
Make this League

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 05-01-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #46
rferry
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRaider2001 View Post
I am in the process of creating a 24 team Great Lakes vs Great Plains league. The Great Lakes league will consist of 12 teams from Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and New York. The Great Plains league will consist of 12 teams from Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska and Texas. There will be a 162 games, with a all-star game. The will be one wildcard from each league. I will have one level of minors.

I have a couple of question, does anybody have any suggestion how I can spice this league up?

Question two, what should I name the divisions in the Great Plains league after? I plan on naming the divisions after the Great Lakes. Thanks for the help
Missouri River (borders MO, KS, NE, Dakotas) and Red River (borders OK, TX, LA, AR).
Old 05-02-2014, 12:46 AM   #47
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferry View Post
Missouri River (borders MO, KS, NE, Dakotas) and Red River (borders OK, TX, LA, AR).
Awesome suggestions, need one more, I have three divisions
Old 05-02-2014, 12:56 AM   #48
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I'm surprised we don't see more regional OOTP leagues. One in the Northwest seems like a natural, as does one in both the Southeast and Southwest.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:08 AM   #49
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I'm surprised we don't see more regional OOTP leagues. One in the Northwest seems like a natural, as does one in both the Southeast and Southwest.
I really enjoy making fictional regional leagues. It really helps me get immersed into the leagues because I am from the region or have ties to it. I even make a custom world file so all of the players in the league will come from that particular region. For example, in my Great Lakes vs. Great Plains league, I edited the world file so all the players come from Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Texas.
gRaider2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:58 AM   #50
fsclb66
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I really enjoy making fictional regional leagues. It really helps me get immersed into the leagues because I am from the region or have ties to it. I even make a custom world file so all of the players in the league will come from that particular region. For example, in my Great Lakes vs. Great Plains league, I edited the world file so all the players come from Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Texas.
Agreed I love doing small regional leagues, relatively easy to set up, maintain, they always keep me interested, I have a new england one going on now thats been my main obsession recently
fsclb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:00 AM   #51
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsclb66 View Post
Agreed I love doing small regional leagues, relatively easy to set up, maintain, they always keep me interested, I have a new england one going on now thats been my main obsession recently
How many teams? What year?
Old 05-02-2014, 02:12 AM   #52
fsclb66
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
How many teams? What year?
Started in 1900 but using modern day player creation modifiers, strategy, and financals with a lowered coefficient. 2 leagues 4 teams and plan to slowly expand to 16 twams overall. Reserve roster, no dh, and division winners play in a 9 game series for the chowder cup. I wouldnt mind uploading it if I got a quick rundown on how exactly to upload a quickstart lol
fsclb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:07 AM   #53
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysdailydose View Post
POST your best fictional league ideas... we can do SOOOOOOOO much more with our imaginations with the functionality that has been given to us, post some of your best ideas and lets make a monster thread to help others in the future.

I was reading old fictional ideas from many versions back last night that wouldn't have been feasible then, but are now... here's just one I thought of:

It's a combo historical/fictional. Start in 1921 or 1922 (just after the Black Sox era) with a historical league. THEN build a fictional PCL. Have them compete. You CAN do this now!

That's just one idea I was messing around with -- what are some of yours?
League ideas that I have that i will never get to because i am so immersed in my EBL vs MLB league
1. every White Sox team (use your team) Place all pre DH teams in the NL all post DH teams in the AL. See who is the best team of all time.
2. Take the 2014 QS and sim to 2050 and turn on Random Debut and say that cloning is allowed and mix in fictional players in the draft with the historical players.
3. NFL, NBA & NHL have all given up as they are deemed too violent. They all become baseball teams instead. use schedules best you can 16, & 82. Bigrod's scheduler may come in handy if the bugs have been worked out.
Associate them if you like. Use Eriqjaffe's uniform sets.
4. Create a fictional league with 8 teams with financials & strategy fro the 1950-s - 1970's and see if you can keep the takent in your league or see them bolt to MLB. Have your league merge with MLB at some point.
5. create a new world like my Endor Baseball League
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:59 AM   #54
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

I like regional leagues. Even if I'm playing an MLB game or in Japan, I create small regionals leagues as the game progresses. Makes me wish the association mode worked better, or it was more detailed; it could really add to these smaller leagues.

I started this indy league last year but work was too hectic to really get into it. I'll probably try it this year.
Attached Images
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:03 AM   #55
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
This. 100 per cent.

As awesome as the OOTP community is and how much is already shared, I've always been surprised that there's not more quickstarts made available.
Small Game League

Theres a link to it, hope it works. I would definitely suggest looking at NYY over mine. Im sure there are lots of things in my world that I have missed. Anyway let me know if you have any issues or questions about it.

Last edited by Walsh06; 05-02-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Walsh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:12 AM   #56
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Man, that 1776 scenario has me hooked right now.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #57
munstermash
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
These are the types of leagues i love to create. Sometimes there are regional and others are created based of a fictional area. They are smaller leagues from 6-12 teams with smaller rosters.

The part i struggle with is minors. I want to have them but in my mind i know there is no way a small Indy league like this could support minors.

I am setting up something now that there is a semi-pro city league that my league will pull players from.

The smaller roster size lets me get to know players better but to pull this off injuries have to be set to low or very low.
munstermash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #58
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysdailydose View Post
POST your best fictional league ideas... we can do SOOOOOOOO much more with our imaginations with the functionality that has been given to us, post some of your best ideas and lets make a monster thread to help others in the future.

I was reading old fictional ideas from many versions back last night that wouldn't have been feasible then, but are now... here's just one I thought of:

It's a combo historical/fictional. Start in 1921 or 1922 (just after the Black Sox era) with a historical league. THEN build a fictional PCL. Have them compete. You CAN do this now!

That's just one idea I was messing around with -- what are some of yours?
That's similar to an idea I'm mulling over now. The story goes like this, following the fallout of the 1919 scandal, Judge Landis finds the gambling culture so prevalent that the only option is the disbanding of both leagues. In their ashes, two new major leagues are formed, one based in the east(traditional MLB cities), the other in the west(PCL).
New rules are introduced to protect the players, IE, the draft, free agency, arbitration. Oh one more thing, every single current player is banned pending a review. This allows for a fictional league with former MLB players sprinkled in. I'm also going to have two levels of minors, and a couple of Indy leagues.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #59
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I've been working on a major American feeder system. All 300 DI NCAA schools ( the 2 independent schools excluded). And a league for each state for the high school system. The number of teams varies based upon actual MLB data (e.g. most MLB players come from CA). These are real high schools with real logos.

I originally started this as an alternative to the draft pools.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #60
Shadow Faar
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
I've been working on a major American feeder system. All 300 DI NCAA schools ( the 2 independent schools excluded). And a league for each state for the high school system. The number of teams varies based upon actual MLB data (e.g. most MLB players come from CA). These are real high schools with real logos.

I originally started this as an alternative to the draft pools.

Would love to see that when it is finished!!!
Shadow Faar is offline   Reply With Quote