Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-23-2014, 04:21 AM   #1
Substance59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Default MLB schedule and interleague rotations

So I started a season as the Giants, and after my first season, I expected to play the AL West in interleague, but it was the AL Central, and the same in 2016. In addition, because of the 2 games played in Australia in 2014, it sort of messes up the future schedule. Even though opening day is April 2, my first game is on the 11th in 2016, and in 2015 it was even later. It kind of messes up the offseason, with the Rule 5 draft being before Free Agency, so most teams didn't have any 40 man roster space. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this, and if there is an easy way to fix?
Substance59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:42 AM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

OOTP can only rotate interleague play if there are schedules made in advance which do so. It cannot generate schedules from scratch which rotate interleague play. In the case of the MLB-based league, it's going to use the actual MLB schedules as the source. But 2014 is only the second year in which MLB has been operating under the 15-15 alignment, which means a full rotation of interleague play in real life has not happened yet. Which in turns means there is no real-world source schedule for a full rotation of interleague play.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #3
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

To fix the messed up dates for future years...Uncheck auto adjust starting date if matching schedule is found and set the date you want your season to start. OOTP will use that rather than the date in the actual schedule..at least that's the way it's supposed to work.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #4
Shackdaddy
Minors (Single A)

A solution to your interleague schedule issue

One way to rotate the interleague schedule with a 30 team major league structure is in the preseason mode, Just go to edit league structure and rotate the divisions in one of the subleagues. I have a 30 team fictional league and it works for me.

Example: Year 1 - East Central West Year 2 - Central West East Year 3 - West East Central

Last edited by Shackdaddy; 04-23-2014 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Further elaboration
Shackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #5
Mister_G
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
To fix the messed up dates for future years...Uncheck auto adjust starting date if matching schedule is found and set the date you want your season to start. OOTP will use that rather than the date in the actual schedule..at least that's the way it's supposed to work.
After you do this, are you supposed to clear and regenerate the schedule? Or will that screw it up?

@MisterG90
Mister_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
Shackdaddy
Minors (Single A)

Yes, you then regenerate the schedule, I forgot to mention that. This is what happens when you get old. It will screw nothing up. Just check the schedule evaluation tab to verify after you regenerate.

Last edited by Shackdaddy; 04-23-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #7
cheo25
All Star Reserve

You can use the 2013 and '14 schedules for the first two years of the 5-5-5-5-5-5 format by importing them. I am about to create a '15 schedule for myself based off a real-life schedule because I am almost done with the '14 season in my league. The interleague rotations should go East-East, Central-Central and West-West for '15. I'll post it here when I'm done, either tonight or tomorrow night.

Last edited by cheo25; 04-23-2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: clarification
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #8
Shackdaddy
Minors (Single A)

Sounds like a lot of work. Try it my way. In the edit league structure mode the division teams in subleague 1 will play the division in subleague 2 directly across from it (16 games). plus four games against one team in another division. A total of 20 games. Exactly the same as MLB. It may not be exactly the same as the 2015 MLB schedule, but it will be close.

I agree with Le Grande Orange - schedules are a wonderful thing.

Last edited by Shackdaddy; 04-23-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #9
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_G View Post
After you do this, are you supposed to clear and regenerate the schedule? Or will that screw it up?
No, not as long as you set the options before the preseason next year, but if your not totally sure just reimport the schedule after after you set the options.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #10
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackdaddy View Post
Sounds like a lot of work. Try it my way. In the edit league structure mode the division teams in subleague 1 will play the division in subleague 2 directly across from it (16 games). plus four games against one team in another division. A total of 20 games. Exactly the same as MLB. It may not be exactly the same as the 2015 MLB schedule, but it will be close.

I agree with Le Grande Orange - schedules are a wonderful thing.
Here is my 2015 MLB sked. Interleague rotation is East-East, Central-Central, West-West. It's based off the 2013 MLB sked, just the team numbers in the file itself have been shifted around thanks to the wonders of find and replace.

I didn't want to shift teams into new divisions of an existing league structure because that's more trouble to me than doing two or three rounds of find and replace to an existing file and getting the same result. Not to mention I don't want teams in different divisions over the life of the league unless I move them for other purposes (geographic realignment or expansion).

Last edited by cheo25; 01-06-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #11
Shackdaddy
Minors (Single A)

Nice work. How did you create the schedule so quickly? Could you make a 154 game schedule with only 12 interleague games?
Old 04-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #12
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Nice work. How did you create the schedule so quickly? Could you make a 154 game schedule with only 12 interleague games?
A couple of rounds of find and replace with the schedule file in Notepad++. I've done it previously in OOTP14, so I was familiar with the process. I had a 2015 sked on my PC until a few months ago when I deleted some stuff because I was out of space.

I might not be able to get to the 154-gamer until next week because I'm leaving early Friday morning for a weekend trip. Are you wanting a 154-gamer with the current 30-team, six-division setup? Just let me know what you want, and I'll see if I can come up with something.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:39 PM   #13
Shackdaddy
Minors (Single A)

That's exactly what I want. Next week is fine, If you can accomplish this feat your name will rank right up there with the legendary gmo. (Veteran OOTP players will know what I mean)
Old 04-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #14
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I'm wondering, how are the interleague "rivalry" series set up in the 2015 schedule?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #15
Shackdaddy
Minors (Single A)

Smile

Good question. If you want annual inierleague rivalies ,here is one way to do it.

Your regenerated schedule (like MLB) will have a 4 day block of games at the end of May or beginning of June that will be all interleague games. (Fifteen 4 game series ,two home and two away)

Go into edit league schedule and edit those games to set up any inierleague rivalries that you want. One thing to remember is that you will have to do this each season if you plan on using rotatiing interleague schedule.

Hope this helps.

(By the way, I was born before Shaquille O'Neil, therefore I have the right to the name Shackdaddy even though I am a 5 foot, 6 inch man of the caucasian persuasion.)
Old 04-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #16
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Quote:
That's exactly what I want. Next week is fine, If you can accomplish this feat your name will rank right up there with the legendary gmo. (Veteran OOTP players will know what I mean)
Here is a 154-gamer. The base is the 2013 MLB schedule. From there, the four-game "rivalry" series were deleted, and then all other three-game interleague series were bumped to two-game series. The schedule actually starts on a Thursday to account for the four days taken out at the end of May. That led to some weirdness with some weekend series. I scheduled those two-gamers to run Friday and Sunday because to take a Friday or Sunday off would give some teams two consecutive games off. I didn't want to do that. And some of the series in the first two months may be a bit off because midweek series became weekend series and vice versa until the end of May.

This was my quickest path to a 154-gamer using the current MLB setup. As mentioned earlier, I'm out of town this weekend and away from my laptop the whole time. I can build a new 154-gamer from scratch with the idea to have teams play just four three-game interleague series, skipping one team from its interleague division and its "rivalry" series. If you'd prefer that to the file I've attached here, let me know and I can work on that one next week. I could build one with the 6x2=12-game interleague model, but I'd prefer not to do that with a new schedule because as a purist, I don't like two-game weekend series. I was just trying to knock this one out for you pretty fast and before I leave my computer for three days in case you needed it.

Last edited by cheo25; 01-06-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #17
Shackdaddy
Minors (Single A)

Thumbs up

I do like the four three game series schedule better. But I want to thank you for did. You are amazing. I just thought of this- one easy way to create that type of a 154 game schedule is to delete ALL the interleague-two game series (There are a total 4 per team).

This only problem with this is that along with 154 games I would also somehow like to reduce the regular season schedule by one week in order to expand the playoffs (best of 3 wild card series and best of 7 for the last three rounds) in order for the season to be done by Halloween. The traditionalist in me hates November baseball. With the exception of 2001, of course.

Bud Selig or your successor are you reading this?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 PM   #18
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I do like the four three game series schedule better. But I want to thank you for did. You are amazing. I just thought of this- one easy way to create that type of a 154 game schedule is to delete ALL the interleague-two game series (There are a total 4 per team).

This only problem with this is that along with 154 games I would also somehow like to reduce the regular season schedule by one week in order to expand the playoffs (best of 3 wild card series and best of 7 for the last three rounds) in order for the season to be done by Halloween. The traditionalist in me hates November baseball. With the exception of 2001, of course.

Bud Selig or your successor are you reading this?
If you delete all of the two-game IL series from the current 162-game setup, you end up with teams having three or four days off in a row in some cases. The 2013 sked featured a four-day block of back-to-back rivalry series in late May, and then two 2-game series against one other team that were usually Tuesday-Wednesday series with some Mondays and Thursdays off around those. So I would have found that schedule too unappealing.

I'll make a 154-gamer with 4 three-game IL series next week.

Last edited by cheo25; 04-24-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #19
Shackdaddy
Minors (Single A)

I totally agree.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:50 AM   #20
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
Here is my 2015 MLB sked. Interleague rotation is East-East, Central-Central, West-West. It's based off the 2013 MLB sked, just the team numbers in the file itself have been shifted around thanks to the wonders of find and replace.

I didn't want to shift teams into new divisions of an existing league structure because that's more trouble to me than doing two or three rounds of find and replace to an existing file and getting the same result. Not to mention I don't want teams in different divisions over the life of the league unless I move them for other purposes (geographic realignment or expansion).
Thanks! So I just insert this when 2015 preseason hits?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote