Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
thedokes
Minors (Double A)

3D Screen SHots

Are there any 3D screenshots?
The advertisement/promotion is everywhere but I can not locate what it will look like.
thedokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
jwinn66
Minors (Double A)

I believe that is intentional. The guys want us to want it. It worked on me. But....I would've bought it regardless.
jwinn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
BMD
All Star Reserve

Never show the shark until the final reel.
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
sth0009
Minors (Single A)

if they won't show it, perhaps a beta tester can just comment that it is progressing well?

I preordered on the promise.
sth0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #5
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD View Post
Or Mrs. Voorhees either.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #6
BradC
All Star Starter

I have seen screenshots of 3D stadiums in the game and can attest that work on that feature is going well. Stay tuned for more info.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #7
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

Awesome to hear, thanks Brad!
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:22 AM   #8
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Or Mrs. Voorhees either.
I just hope the screenshots are infinitely more pleasing to the eye than she was.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #9
markprior22
All Star Starter

As soon as my 3D glasses get here, I'll let you know how it looks
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:16 AM   #10
Dave Hansen
Major Leagues

When?
Dave Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #11
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD View Post
especially if the shark turns out to be a dolphin
Old 04-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #12
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Or a mutated sea bass.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:33 AM   #13
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Or a mutated sea bass.
Ill tempered?
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #14
thedokes
Minors (Double A)

Is it sacrilegious to mention Football Manager here?

Although I purchased OOTP the past few years I dropped playing a few years back in favor of FM in part because of the 3D animation provided. In FM 22 players move with incredible accuracy and the AI equals, if not passes OOTP, there's a larger DB of players, & there is no slow down in processing.

I always wonder why OOTP did not develop the animation part of the game. Hopefully this version of OOTP will be a change from that produced the past several years.
thedokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #15
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
especially if the shark turns out to be a dolphin
or is flung from a tornado
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #16
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedokes View Post
In FM 22 players move with incredible accuracy and the AI equals, if not passes OOTP, there's a larger DB of players, & there is no slow down in processing.
it's outrageous! You forgot the referee!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #17
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Although I purchased OOTP the past few years I dropped playing a few years back in favor of FM in part because of the 3D animation provided. In FM 22 players move with incredible accuracy and the AI equals, if not passes OOTP, there's a larger DB of players, & there is no slow down in processing.

I always wonder why OOTP did not develop the animation part of the game. Hopefully this version of OOTP will be a change from that produced the past several years.
I'll be honest I haven't purchased FM for a few years but the last time I played the graphics whilst good the accuracy was very poor, you had players sliding 20 yards to make tackles, players in one place and then appear 30 yards away as though I was watching an episode of Star Trek and Scotty had beamed them up.

Although I don't really bother with the graphics if the OOTP team puts them in and it brings new fans to the game then so be it, just hope they don't take their eye of what built OOTP in the first place.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #18
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm not going to argue the animation issue even though I'm not always impressed with the game animation in FM. You can see on screen when the match engine decides a result such as a player not scoring on a rebound. Just my opinion though.

On what technical basis do you know how the FM AI is equal to or better than OOTB? The sports are so radically different that I can't see any basis for comparison. I would say they are both leaders in the sport they emulate.

How is the player DB relevant? Again different sports different licensing different financial supports make these games somewhat incomparable. How does a larger DB of existing players make FM better. I can find any player in MLB history when playing OOTB. Does FM have that? I have fully functional and realistic fictional leagues in OOTP in which I can play in any era. I'd love to have that capability in FM.

I see no slowdown in processing in OOTP. Perhaps you can explain exactly where/how that happens? Again I question the relevance unless you want to compare computer processors.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #19
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:

Well, FM has a large team of programmers dedicated to different modules of the game while OOTP has Markus, Andreas, and Daniela. I would guess if OOTP had stayed under the SI umbrella animation would have been in the game long ago.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #20
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
On what technical basis do you know how the FM AI is equal to or better than OOTB? The sports are so radically different that I can't see any basis for comparison. I would say they are both leaders in the sport they emulate.
One area is the fact that FM's AI involves far more actions and possible outcomes than OOTP processes. Whether it's transfer negotiations, contract negotiations, interacting with the media, disciplining players, interacting with the board, interacting with player agents, or any number of other features, FM is using AI to a much greater extent than OOTP, and it's doing it on a much larger scale, across many more nations, leagues, players and staff.

Also, the FM AI is vastly more competitive against the user. It is easy to outsmart the OOTP AI when it comes to player valuations, and many customers have had to come up with house rules or use difficulty levels to counter this. If you want to sign a free agent in OOTP, the only limit is budget. You can pretty much sign any free agent that you want. It's easy to beat the AI in negotiations. And it's also quite easy to crush the OOTP AI in trades unless you turn the difficulty up to hard or very hard. A really good AI would not require difficulty levels to compensate for consistently bad AI player valuation.

Quote:
How is the player DB relevant? Again different sports different licensing different financial supports make these games somewhat incomparable. How does a larger DB of existing players make FM better. I can find any player in MLB history when playing OOTB. Does FM have that? I have fully functional and realistic fictional leagues in OOTP in which I can play in any era. I'd love to have that capability in FM.
It's highly relevant if you want to manage in all or most of the leagues that currently exist in the world. Until OOTP 15, which hasn't been released yet, OOTP hasn't even had a realistically modeled Japanese or Korean league, and it hasn't offered real players for those leagues and others like the Mexican league. So, if your interest is in historical play, then, yes, OOTP has clear advantages. But if your interest is in playing real or fictional leagues that reflect the contemporary reality of the sport around the world, FM offers the vastly larger and more immersive database with real players or the ability to use fictional players instead, even for obscure leagues that you have to use the editor to make playable.

Quote:
I see no slowdown in processing in OOTP. Perhaps you can explain exactly where/how that happens? Again I question the relevance unless you want to compare computer processors.
I think he mans that FM is processing results and human and AI actions across a vastly larger database, and it can do this and also provide a full 3D match engine with player animation, all with good performance and use of system resources. I think his point is that FM delivers a lot more features and a much bigger user experience, including 3D graphics and a larger database, while performing comparably to a vastly simpler and smaller OOTP experience and database.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote