Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
redranger
All Star Reserve

Importing a OOTP14 league into OOTP15

If I am starting a 14 ver fictional league from scratch and running a draft, will the import work well going into 15? I plan on setting up all the players and drafting but not starting the season (spring training) until 15 comes out and I can import it

I know some stats are being added but are there any issues or concerns that anyone foresees in doing this? I don't want to waste my time right now if so
redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Obviously, Markus or someone can answer definitively, but I don't see why there would be any issues with importing a league, especially since backwards compatibility is one of the main selling points of the game.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

You shouldn't have any problem. I've moved at least one league from version to version without problems. The one caveat like you mentioned is new stats will only be calculated post update. And backup just in case, because you never know.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Very rarely will you have a problem. I recommend running backup of you league before you convert to 15 and one after. I have had 0 problems after converting from 13 to 14 in my EBL vs MLB league. i have ran 6 seasons on 14.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I have a game that I have transfered to each new version since 10. It's an easy operation.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:54 AM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

No problem importing (2) 200 team leagues to OOTP15?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #7
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Could I import OOTP 13 to 15?

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #8
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
Could I import OOTP 13 to 15?
You would have to import to 14 first. Just download the Demo for 14, import, then import into 15.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #9
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

The ONLY game I play has been imported from v4 all the way to v14 without issue, and this year will be imported to v15.

Never needed it but as others have said do have backups before and after. Also keep in mind when you import from v14 to v15 your game in v14 is not changed in any way. You can still go back and play from the point you left off or import it again into v15 if you feel something went wrong.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #10
redranger
All Star Reserve

Great. Thanks to all for the replies. Quick question back to all

Is there a specific point where the import is best or does that not really matter either

For example. jan 1 , begin of spring training, begin of reg season, etc
Old 02-04-2014, 02:30 PM   #11
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger View Post

Is there a specific point where the import is best or does that not really matter either

Markus has stated many times you can do it whenever you like, even midseason. While that is true I like to do it during a "quiet" time. I tend to try for Dec 31 and then let the year turnover. Not because it is any better or worse than Jan 1 or any other day for that matter but it just seems a good spot to me.

In previous versions I have been caught where I wasn't able to do a late Dec early Jan import and have never had an issue. Can't recall which versions but I know I have imported in both spring training and even midseason before because I simply didn't want to wait a few weeks to start using the newest version. So it really is whatever you are comfortable with.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #12
pete3
Minors (Single A)

If we import in the offseason, will the new prospects be the real prospects that come with the game? If not, is there a way to import them?
pete3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:56 PM   #13
Qrashman
All Star Reserve

Importing a OOTP14 league into OOTP15

My sim league has converted every year since ootp2 so I don't think you'll have a problem. I always like to convert immediately after the World Series. Or alternatively right before spring training.
HBL Waiting List
Qrashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #14
redranger
All Star Reserve

Thanks for all the feedback Great information
Old 02-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #15
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
You would have to import to 14 first. Just download the Demo for 14, import, then import into 15.

Great idea...I'd give you two thanks if I could.

I always thought if I skipped a year and couldn't import I'd be out of luck, the Demo is a the workaround!

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #16
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:

I would suggest updating before Spring Training. Last year, I updated from 13 to 14 DURING Spring Training and after I did Spring Training game scores were screwy (the game produced Football Scores). The Regular Season was fine, however.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #17
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3 View Post
If we import in the offseason, will the new prospects be the real prospects that come with the game? If not, is there a way to import them?
Not sure what you mean. The import in this case is simply a copy of your existing league made compatible with v15. Nothing is added or subtracted. No prospects come with the "game". All players and prospects exist in your league file regardless of which version you play.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:11 PM   #18
STL

Quote:
If I am starting a 14 ver fictional league from scratch and running a draft, will the import work well going into 15? I plan on setting up all the players and drafting but not starting the season (spring training) until 15 comes out and I can import it

I know some stats are being added but are there any issues or concerns that anyone foresees in doing this? I don't want to waste my time right now if so
The only time I ever had an issue importing a game was during big leaps. When OOTP went to the DIPS engine (5 or 6?) my imported league from the previous version was all funky. Likewise, I had a lot of crashes and issues when I went from 6.5 to that OOTP BM (first one with Sports Interactive).

Outside of that, I have never had issues.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:52 PM   #19
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
I would suggest updating before Spring Training. Last year, I updated from 13 to 14 DURING Spring Training and after I did Spring Training game scores were screwy (the game produced Football Scores). The Regular Season was fine, however.
Markus recommends converting right after the World Series. I have updated at various points of the year and not had a problem that was caused by a conversion.

"Stay Strong"

Old 02-06-2014, 12:01 AM   #20
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3 View Post
There is a way to import them. I did this when I converted my league from 13 to 14 in my 2012 season. i;ll explain what i did you may want just the players which makes it easier then what I am explaining. When I got to 2013, I backed up my league in case I messed up. I then took the MLB quickstart and mass deleted all players with ML exp. I then deleted any minor league levels I already had (AAA & AA) and moved the players down to the lower minor leagues. i then saved the QS as a template.
i imported the template into my league. I deleted ML and then associated all the QS minors with the MLB from my league. I have 100% accurate minors from A down.
Only issue I have is that all HOFers and some retired players got duplicated. You can tell these players apart from player in you league since the imported HOFers will not have a History tab. I am still slowly deleting all dupes. I am not overly concerned with them.
You could just delete all players that are in the 2013 QS and save those players and import them and manually move them to their proper team. Took me about 4 hours the way I did it. Double checked several times to make sure I did not make a mistake.

"Stay Strong"