Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #1
BigbyWolf
Minors (Double A)

Staff Requests

I like hiring/managing my staff. I would love to see some changes to staff in OOTP15.

1. Don't create new mangers/coaches/trainers/scouts/gm's with experience. If they are new they should be at 0 years. I like to look at stats if they have experience. If they have 5 years experience I should see five years of stats.

2. Place a significant weight on experience and winning percentage for salary requests and demand. ( I think this is done already which is why I hate a new coach, with no stats to look at, is generated with 30 years experience )

3. Don't allow Trainers to be hired as managers, I would much rather see the position unfilled on a AI controlled team and no stat generated than see a trainer with a winning record as a manager

4. If a team vacates a minor league manager position, a suitable hitting/pitching coach moves into the role from that same team; or from another minor affiliate to fill the vacant positions before they hire outside the franchise.

5. If the Major League team lets someone go, then sometimes promote from within. OOTP always hires from outside, and sometimes on AI teams their best rated coach is teaching hitting in AA. It can happen in real life but not always.

Last edited by BigbyWolf; 01-28-2014 at 09:34 AM.
BigbyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigbyWolf View Post
I like hiring/managing my staff. I would love to see some changes to staff in OOTP15.

1. Don't create new mangers/coaches/trainers/scouts/gm's with experience. If they are new they should be at 0 years. I like to look at stats if they have experience. If they have 5 years experience I should see five years of stats.

2. Place a significant weight on experience and winning percentage for salary requests and demand. ( I think this is done already which is why I hate a new coach, with no stats to look at, is generated with 30 years experience )

3. Don't allow Trainers to be hired as managers, I would much rather see the position unfilled on a AI controlled team and no stat generated than see a trainer with a winning record as a manager

4. If a team vacates a minor league manager position, a suitable hitting/pitching coach moves into the role from that same team; or from another minor affiliate to fill the vacant positions before they hire outside the franchise.

5. If the Major League team lets someone go, then sometimes promote from within. OOTP always hires from outside, and sometimes on AI teams their best rated coach is teaching hitting in AA. It can happen in real life but not always.
I would like to heartily endorse my cousin's proposals.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

#3 only happens if the pool of managers/hitting coaches/pitching coaches is very low
Think of it like cats, for every team you need 2 to 3 available staff

I usually get in trouble in historical sims with trainers. I forget about them since I make them from the hometown and give them a 10 yr contract, then they retire early, so I get managers and scouts as the worse trainers ever

#4 I think this was brought up as a suggestion for 13 and the response was something along the lines that the AI cannot think along that line as they are pretty much coded as MGR/PC/HC

I'd like the AI to stop making fictional coaches though w/o telling you who they created which goes along your line of #1 I try to see who is new, but sorting by experience doesn't give me everyone and when old players are created at the end of the regular season there name pops up quick and if you have more than 4 names, it's a pain tracking them down and changing them from BC to MGR or PC/HC

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Full Front Office Staffs and Personal on Field.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #5
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

love those ideas. Just to add one to it (hope you don't mind) would be expansion teams getting established staff who either don't have a job or get a promotion from another club to the new expansion team. I hate how they just appear out of thin air.