Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #41
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

I will pre-order this when I next get paid (February 6th). Look forward to seeing screenshots etc.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #42
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimanbj View Post
Every year I tell myself that I'm going to skip the new version because the one I have is pretty solid. I'm not completely sold on the new one, but I'm intrigued. The thing that bugs me, and which I would love to really see work, is the co-existence of independent leagues and MLB. Because MLB works so differently than independent leagues, it's difficult to keep the two working together, yet separately.
I think some of what's planned for the international leagues will help with the relationship between MLB and indy leagues as well.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #43
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

The historical league item looks nice, it looks like "greatest team ever" seasons with teams from different eras will be even better.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #44
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Pre-ordered:

OOTP Baseball 15 PC & Mac (OOTP15) (Platform_Independent)
Registration Information:
Serial Number: OOTP15-####-####-####-####-####
1 42.82 CAD 42.82 CAD
subtotal 42.82 CAD
tax 0.00 CAD
grand total 42.82 CAD

WORTH EVERY PENNY!

BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #45
subtle
Minors (Single A)

Still no support for Spring Training NRI's?

Otherwise, I like several of the new features quite a bit and am looking forward to seeing what the improvements to online leagues include.
subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #46
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I think some of what's planned for the international leagues will help with the relationship between MLB and indy leagues as well.
yes, it sounds like it....this is something I've been clamoring for.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #47
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I would hope that ends up being the case.

Also, nothing about editable / pro-rated accomplishments. Hopefully that's in the "other new features" category.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #48
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Pre-ordered:

OOTP Baseball 15 PC & Mac (OOTP15) (Platform_Independent)
Registration Information:
Serial Number: OOTP15-####-####-####-####-####
1 42.82 CAD 42.82 CAD
subtotal 42.82 CAD
tax 0.00 CAD
grand total 42.82 CAD

WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Your Serial Number is missing, can you edit the post and place the number in please
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #49
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
will it be possible to add them on manually, and have them function in the same way they will in the OOTP 15 quick start?
Yes, that should be possible...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #50
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Also, nothing about editable / pro-rated accomplishments. Hopefully that's in the "other new features" category.
I have that on my to-do list, so the chances are good that this will make it into OOTP 15, yes
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #51
yawgmoth
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtle View Post
Still no support for Spring Training NRI's?
^This. Other new features look to be exactly in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing the new interface and screenshots when they become available.This game has consumed months of my life over the last 4 years and it doesn't look like it is going to stop any time soon with the constant improvement every year. Thank You!!!
yawgmoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #52
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Since we use a open source format that also Google uses (Collada), it simply depends on who will create the stadiums. The game itself will ship with a pretty basic default ballpark, but I expect the community to come up with great recreations of real parks pretty fast
If it's using Collada files, will we be able to import existing models from the Google/Trimble 3D Warehouse?
Old 01-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #53
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I have that on my to-do list, so the chances are good that this will make it into OOTP 15, yes
Good to hear

Old 01-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #54
cts47
Minors (Rookie Ball)

just pre-ordered ootp baseball 15!and I can`t wait I`m stoked!!!!
cts47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #55
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Out of the Park Baseball 15 Announced!

Non-Roster invites would be great for this version. Oh, and Arizona Fall League closer to real life.

Last edited by Mike D; 01-24-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #56
Max Boyer
Minors (Double A)

I've been around for 2 years now and I'm really - really excited about this newer version of OOTP!

One quick question (you don't have to go into too much detail), I saw a mention about Online League (improved OL functionality).

Can you tell us more about it?
Easier install process for joining GMs? ( I have members that are really really bad with computers. They need help from their family members to be able to play!)

RELATED QUESTION ABOUT PAST OOTP PROBLEM (OOTP12): I have no idea if this has been fixed in anyway, so allow me to ask it here.

This is all under 1 save file.
When you create a league, you can add more "universe" to it. Like Minor, College or another Major league around the world. I did a lot of work with my original league file, up to one point that I've deleted many of my "trials" and kept working with my actual MLB retro league. So when I open my LEAGUE FILE SETTINGS (turning ON/OFF Team News, League News & Player History), I see all of what I've done - good and bad. (MLB, Cuban, Triple A, Double A, Single A, Short A, Rookie, Nippon, etc.)

Now my REAL problem is related to the leagues that no longer exists. I have set the AI to generate players for those leagues and even when my a league gets deleted, it still generates players. So whenever I'm using the Search Tool for someone, I end up having hundreds of fictional players.

Would be nice to be able to completely "wipe" those leagues from a save file, because whenever you are doing a World Template, they all get carried over and won't solve the problem. Also, I have to manually delete all those unwanted fictional players.

I have to manually redo my Online League to eliminate that factor, and I'm sure I ain't the only one here with this problem.

Last edited by Max Boyer; 01-24-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: 1 more Question
Max Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #57
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

"The league creation wizard has been completely redesigned and offers new functionality - for example, you can easily set up a historical league with teams from different eras, or create a fictional league with a historical player pool of your choosing."

Just out of curiosity, does that mean I could create, for example, a league with the 1915 Boston Red Sox and the 1935 Boston Braves ... and Babe Ruth would play on both teams ?

Or would I have to decide which team he'd play for ?

Anyway, sounds very exciting ... pre-ordered immediately
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #58
Garethw87

EUROPEAN LEAGUES!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #59
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Just out of curiosity, does that mean I could create, for example, a league with the 1915 Boston Red Sox and the 1935 Boston Braves ... and Babe Ruth would play on both teams ?
I think both Babe Ruths will be different by ratings and other stuff.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #60
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
"The league creation wizard has been completely redesigned and offers new functionality - for example, you can easily set up a historical league with teams from different eras, or create a fictional league with a historical player pool of your choosing."

Or would I have to decide which team he'd play for ?

Anyway, sounds very exciting ... pre-ordered immediately
Yes, you can actually do this now, but it takes some time to set up. But yes, you can have two teams from different years with the same players on them. In your case, you'd have the 1915 version of Babe Ruth and the 1935 version of Babe Ruth.

I've done some sims with only Mets teams just for fun to see how certain teams would do against each other. So I've had sims with four or five different Doc Goodens, among other players.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote