Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 06-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #61
Spindel
All Star Reserve

Here's a question. We're in the middle of our Ammy draft, and I've just added two new owners. How do I get them access to the draft? Last time I updated OU, it buggered up the draft. (We were only 3 picks in, so it wasn't a big deal at the time.) I just don't want to do something that will delete everyone's lists and picks again.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #62
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindel View Post
Here's a question. We're in the middle of our Ammy draft, and I've just added two new owners. How do I get them access to the draft? Last time I updated OU, it buggered up the draft. (We were only 3 picks in, so it wasn't a big deal at the time.) I just don't want to do something that will delete everyone's lists and picks again.
It *shouldn't* cause any problems... picks are based off of teams, not human owners, so it should have no effect. However, if you want, feel free to zip up the OOTPOU/draft/<year> directory to back it up.

The source of truth is the picks.txt file for the draft. So if anything goes wrong (again, it shouldn't), you can manually edit/compare the old and new file to see what might have gone screwy. Adding a human manager wouldn't touch this file.

And as Tom said earlier, I'm on vacation but still have internet access... can't do any work on OU though. Tom's answers to the draft were correct, 19/22 for HS/Col leagues, and we'll hopefully get some sort of draft import working soon.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #63
ingey1968
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks

Last edited by ingey1968; 07-03-2012 at 04:47 PM.
ingey1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #64
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

This is my first time having setup and used the utilities for a league of my own and I seem to have run into a small hurdle that I can't seem to find the answer for.

I am using the utility for a solo league I am beginning in 2012 with the intent of creating realignment/expansion in 2013. I've simmed 25 days into the 2012 season and was hoping to take a look at the results of the sim.

I've updated the league reports and the csv files into what I am fairly certain (easily could be wrong) right places, yet when I try and generate the admin material for the "LAST SIM", nothing comes about. I get the following:

Last Update of Sim Report N/A
Current Time Sun Jul 15 01:03:09 2012
League Date of Sim Reports N/A
Current Date in CSV Files 2012-4-22

Similarly, within the development section, upon creating the reports I get the following:

Last Development Update Sun Jul 15 00:50:24 2012
Current Time Sun Jul 15 01:03:37 2012
League Date of Last Development 2012-4-22
Current Date in CSV Files 2012-4-22

With that also said, I see no developmental changes at this point. Is this likely a result of having scouting on but not having scouted due to the fact that I am not a GM? (Or possibly the fact that I'm a mere 25 days into the league?

Here's a link to the utilities:
Login

And a link to the league main page if that provides any help.

MLB 32

As an aside, I want say how great the installation guide/readme was. As someone with limited experience doing such web savy stuff, I find the guide to be extremely useful in getting most everything up and running.

Thanks,
-Matt
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #65
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesenberg View Post
I've updated the league reports and the csv files into what I am fairly certain (easily could be wrong) right places, yet when I try and generate the admin material for the "LAST SIM", nothing comes about.
You need to set the Sim Length in Days in the admin screen.

Quote:
With that also said, I see no developmental changes at this point. Is this likely a result of having scouting on but not having scouted due to the fact that I am not a GM? (Or possibly the fact that I'm a mere 25 days into the league?
Two things here. In general, the first time you run development you won't see any results, as it is creating a baseline report to compare all future sims against.

However, in your case, you are using scouts. OOTP doesn't export the scouting reports on players, so OU can't show development on scouted leagues. You can change OU to show actual values (look at the main Admin screen), but you'll then see actual values instead of scouted values, which probably isn't what you want.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #66
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
You need to set the Sim Length in Days in the admin screen.
I had set the sim length - in this case to 25. Just re-checked admin panel and the settings are blank. I re-entered the numbers, clicked save and tried to generate the reports, same result. Also, after generating the report, my sim length boxes become blank again.

Quote:
Two things here. In general, the first time you run development you won't see any results, as it is creating a baseline report to compare all future sims against.

However, in your case, you are using scouts. OOTP doesn't export the scouting reports on players, so OU can't show development on scouted leagues. You can change OU to show actual values (look at the main Admin screen), but you'll then see actual values instead of scouted values, which probably isn't what you want.
In this case I need to then make a decision, use in-game scouting or turn that off and then be able to use the development reports properly?

Thanks again.
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #67
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesenberg View Post
I had set the sim length - in this case to 25. Just re-checked admin panel and the settings are blank. I re-entered the numbers, clicked save and tried to generate the reports, same result. Also, after generating the report, my sim length boxes become blank again.
Try manually creating the lastSim directory in OOTPOU (so "www/cgi-bin/OOTPOU/lastSim"). Looks like it wasn't created somehow.

Quote:
In this case I need to then make a decision, use in-game scouting or turn that off and then be able to use the development reports properly?
Pretty much. I've asked for scouting reports to be added as a csv dump, but my guess is that is too much for OOTP to support. I find using rough scales such as 1-10 and 2-8 simulate scouting enough to add that imprecision that scouting has.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #68
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

When adding email addresses to the distribution list for the ammy draft, do I use "john@doe.com, jane@doe.com", minus the quotes?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #69
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Actually, a bigger question here. We are a scouted league, so that makes us not be able to use the ratings in the ammy draft. So, by turning off the ratings, the player list is a total mess. Is there any way to make it so that the list gets alphabetized for finding players easier? Right now a 'find' will work mostly, but OOTPOU also has some issues with 'non-english' names, making it hard to find those with ~ and such over the names.

EDIT: NEVER MIND. I figured it out!

Last edited by Mr.Opinion; 07-18-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Mr.Opinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #70
BleedingCubbyBlue
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Opinion View Post
When adding email addresses to the distribution list for the ammy draft, do I use "john@doe.com, jane@doe.com", minus the quotes?
Admittedly I haven't tried in the current version, but in previous versions you had to send to a distribution list. I send them to an email on my server which has a rule set to forward to all our league members.

If it works now to have the list that would be great.

BleedingCubbyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #71
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Opinion View Post
but OOTPOU also has some issues with 'non-english' names, making it hard to find those with ~ and such over the names.
You need to set the option to "Replace Foreign Characters" in the CSV Export setup screen in OOTP.

Quote:
Admittedly I haven't tried in the current version, but in previous versions you had to send to a distribution list. I send them to an email on my server which has a rule set to forward to all our league members.
Still works the same way... you need to set up a distribution list. Entering a list of emails won't work.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:00 AM   #72
mankle
Minors (Double A)

I'd also like to inquire about ratings for scouting leagues. I found that when I turn ratings on a particular scale (rather than "scouted"), players on my own team would be displayed with their scouted ratings, but players in the amateur draft pool would be listed at their actual (neither a team scout or the OSA) ratings.

is there a way to see scouted or OSA ratings of the players in the draft pool? or is that just not possible now?
Old 07-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #73
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankle View Post
I'd also like to inquire about ratings for scouting leagues. I found that when I turn ratings on a particular scale (rather than "scouted"), players on my own team would be displayed with their scouted ratings, but players in the amateur draft pool would be listed at their actual (neither a team scout or the OSA) ratings.

is there a way to see scouted or OSA ratings of the players in the draft pool? or is that just not possible now?
Not possible, as the csv dumps only contain the true values. We've asked for an enhancement to support it.

FYI, the values you see are the true values, so it sounds like your scouts are spot on for your team.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #74
mankle
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Not possible, as the csv dumps only contain the true values. We've asked for an enhancement to support it.

FYI, the values you see are the true values, so it sounds like your scouts are spot on for your team.
Ah crap. Ok, thanks Getch!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #75
MEspo
Bat Boy

I'm trying to set up a manual draft. I click generate, but the panel on the left still says draft not generated. Any help would be appreciated.
MEspo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #76
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEspo View Post
I'm trying to set up a manual draft. I click generate, but the panel on the left still says draft not generated. Any help would be appreciated.
There's two Generate buttons, one that uses the draft.csv import, and one that uses the manual draft order. If you are doing the manual draft order, click the Generate below the area that sets the order.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #77
MEspo
Bat Boy

Quote:
There's two Generate buttons, one that uses the draft.csv import, and one that uses the manual draft order. If you are doing the manual draft order, click the Generate below the area that sets the order.
Yeah, I tried that and it shows if the teams are human or computer controlled, but still says the draft not generated.
MEspo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #78
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEspo View Post
Yeah, I tried that and it shows if the teams are human or computer controlled, but still says the draft not generated.
Did you set the number of rounds?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #79
mankle
Minors (Double A)

Hey Getch,

Trying to set up the amateur draft.... I set up the order list in a .txt file the way it says in the older Readme and uploaded to the proper folder, but when I set up the # of rounds, and click generate, it says: Error: Could not find file OOTPOU/draft/2014/100/draft.csv

How do i fix this?

EDIT: Never mind... figured it out. I edited the .csv files.

Last edited by mankle; 07-25-2012 at 12:41 PM.
mankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #80
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You need to set the option to "Replace Foreign Characters" in the CSV Export setup screen in OOTP.

Still works the same way... you need to set up a distribution list. Entering a list of emails won't work.
I don't know what to say, but a list of email addresses is working in my league. Just as an FYI.