Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 09-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #61
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Do I just need to delete some files from the SQL folder and reload?
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #62
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
Do I just need to delete some files from the SQL folder and reload?
I'm really not sure what the exact problem is, but the symptoms are that some of the data in your SQL database is out of date or missing. As I posted earlier (may have got lost in the shuffle), if you PM me with commish access to your StatsLab install, I might be able to get a better handle on what the problem is specifically.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #63
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Maybe the draft timer didn't start today because...

1. draft timer starts at 06:00
2. but I didn't turn on the draft timer until 12:00 today

So it thinks it should be off right now and is saying it will next be on at 06:00 tomorrow.

So I'm going to try to set the start time until a few minutes from now...then after that time comes and goes...change it back to 0600 for tomorrow and hope that the state of the timer stays on until 2359

Edit: Nope, it was reading correctly but when I changed the time back to what I want it...it turned it back off.

Last edited by Goody; 09-01-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #64
MrWorkrate
All Star Starter

Odd issue - not sure if it's just me.

Using 2.0.2, I had enabled voting for All-Stars. The page has always been enabled so that people can see voting from prior seasons.

I disabled the voting because the teams were set (although we haven't simmed through the game yet) and when I saved, the link to the All-Star page was gone. The only way to get the link back for the page is to re-enable voting for the All-Stars.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #65
Goody
Hall Of Famer

So let me get this straight. One owner's team is holding up the draft and he probably doesn't even know it because he has "auto draft from list" turned on. But StatsLab is not processing his pick. Why?

Do we need to have both "Autodraft from list" AND "Autodraft" checked for it to do that? That wouldn't make sense, why even have two buttons? If he does not return to pick in time will it draft from his list at the deadline? Or will it give him an autodraft selection?
Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #66
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Solved, I think...

Quote:
I think I know what it was.

Zorphyr has the same exact settings as Jixobee did...

Autodraft: No
Autodraft from list: Yes

And his pick worked fine once Jixobee's was processed.

I think Jixobee's didn't work because I had the setting "Pause Autodraft (Manual Only)" Turned on when Baltica's pick was made. I turned it off...but it was already past the "trigger" spot I guess.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #67
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody View Post
So let me get this straight. One owner's team is holding up the draft and he probably doesn't even know it because he has "auto draft from list" turned on. But StatsLab is not processing his pick. Why?

Do we need to have both "Autodraft from list" AND "Autodraft" checked for it to do that? That wouldn't make sense, why even have two buttons? If he does not return to pick in time will it draft from his list at the deadline? Or will it give him an autodraft selection?
I can definitely see the use of two buttons. I see it as, I want to auto by list, but if somehow all of the guys on my list are taken when I come up, I want to have a chance to go in and pick the player (and set up a new list). I generally only set up lists of 10-20 guys just because my views on the rankings of players can change as I make selections and the draft evolves.
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #68
BleedingCubbyBlue
All Star Reserve

I'm having issues with emails not being sent for the draft now. I set up and alias for my email list and have tested it to ensure people are receive the emails. However, no emails are being sent from the utility once picks have been made. Thoughts/suggestions?

Email List: draft@otbaonline.com
Reply-to list: picks@otbaonline.com

BleedingCubbyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #69
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by udbacker58 View Post
I can definitely see the use of two buttons. I see it as, I want to auto by list, but if somehow all of the guys on my list are taken when I come up, I want to have a chance to go in and pick the player (and set up a new list). I generally only set up lists of 10-20 guys just because my views on the rankings of players can change as I make selections and the draft evolves.
Yeah, this is the reason for this. As Goody noted, the util triggers auto picks when the previous pick is made or when the timer is up. If you have Pause Auto Picks off and then turn it on, it won't auto pick the current selection immediately. I could probably get it to do this, but it'd likely cause even more trouble with the autopick process. As a commish, if you click the auto pick link on the draft board for the currently active team, it should pick off of their draft list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingCubbyBlue View Post
I'm having issues with emails not being sent for the draft now. I set up and alias for my email list and have tested it to ensure people are receive the emails. However, no emails are being sent from the utility once picks have been made. Thoughts/suggestions?

Email List: draft@otbaonline.com
Reply-to list: picks@otbaonline.com
You might need to check the email permissions for your website. Some webhosts restrict the sending of emails unless you enable it. Check with your host.

On another note, I'm working on some fixes for the draft. The countdown timer will now correctly go off of the StatsLab/server setting rather than the user's local clock, and Goody's issue with having the Through Round field blank should also be addressed. These will be in the next patch for StatsLab along with a couple of other fixes/enhancements when they're ready.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #70
dangarion
All Star Reserve

This might be more of a OOTP10 issue than a Statslab issue, but we have a couple players that aren't showing up in the Draft history.

The 7th pick should be Ernesto Hernandez but this is what I'm seeing instead.

Draft History - StatsLab for OOTP11

Player Report for #24 Ernesto 'Hurricane' Hernández

But even in OOTPs almanac it's not showing him there either.

Arizona Diamondbacks

I'm assuming that is pointing to it being a OOTP issue since Statslab can only report what OOTP reports.

Looks like this guy was also drafted in the same position in 2010 too...

http://rwbl.net/reports/html/players/player_25944.html

Last edited by dangarion; 09-03-2010 at 05:36 PM.
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #71
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
But even in OOTPs almanac it's not showing him there either.
Yeah, OOTP doesn't report draft picks consistently in the SQL dump. Same for player streaks. I'm not sure why the SQL dumps aren't right, although I do know that one case in which it doesn't correctly report them is in the case of supplemental draft picks. Supplemental picks and regular draft picks look the same in the SQL dump, so StatsLab just displays whatever player it finds first.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #72
Recte44
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
What do you need that you can't accomplish with the util as it is? Just a different name for the supplemental rounds?
Rename would be nice, but more importantly the ability to customize the number of picks in a "round". For example, if I had a 24 team league and I wanted to add a "sandwich round" with a customizable number of picks....
I guess the easiest way to do it would be to add an option for a pick to be "null"?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #73
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Rename would be nice, but more importantly the ability to customize the number of picks in a "round". For example, if I had a 24 team league and I wanted to add a "sandwich round" with a customizable number of picks....
I guess the easiest way to do it would be to add an option for a pick to be "null"?
I believe this is what the "skip pick" button is for. You set up the sandwich round with the picks you need and then for the rest of the slots in that round you click "skip pick". This is done ahead of time, I believe.

For example below...if I wanted the 2nd round to be a sandwich round with the first 10 picks being compensation picks I'd click "skip pick" for each of the remaining picks in that round.
Attached Images

Last edited by Goody; 09-03-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #74
Goody
Hall Of Famer

I've never tried it myself, so don't take my word for it and test it or wait for confirmation from fhomess before you do it.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:45 AM   #75
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
I believe this is what the "skip pick" button is for. You set up the sandwich round with the picks you need and then for the rest of the slots in that round you click "skip pick". This is done ahead of time, I believe.

For example below...if I wanted the 2nd round to be a sandwich round with the first 10 picks being compensation picks I'd click "skip pick" for each of the remaining picks in that round.
Yes, that's exactly how the skip pick option works. You can always reactivate the pick if you like, and after getting your round down to the number of picks you need, you can edit the draft order for the remaining picks. The skipped picks show only for the commish on the draft board. It's not the most graceful of implementations, but it works in that regard. If you need more picks in your sandwich round than your regular rounds contain, you need to use two consecutive sandwich rounds in StatsLab with the second one having been reduced in picks.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #76
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

First of all, these utilities are great. So much easier to set up than previous versions and they just add so much to the league. Thank you a thousand times.

Ok, on to my problem. We're running the draft for the first time, and a few owners are complaining that the players list constantly refreshes as an autopick is approaching, to the point where they don't have enough time to look at anyone or add anyone to their list.

Just to quote one of the owners:
"The rapid updates continued until the end of the day's picks, then stopped immediately. Message changed from "AUTOPICK IN PROGRESS" to a notice that there were x hours/minutes until the next pick, so I loaded up my draft list. Today, the quick refresh is back."
"Having seen it start and stop a couple of times, I think that it goes into "Autopick" mode just before a deadline elapses and when working as designed, comes back out as soon as the pick is made. When it doesn't switch off "Autopick" you get the three-second refresh, which yes, does make it hard to go to the Team War Room screen, select the players you want to consider, add them to the draft list, order the list the way you want and save the results."

I'm not experiencing this on any computer or browser so I can't really articulate the problem any further. Does this sound at all familiar? Has anyone else had this problem?

Being smart, don't always make you popular.
bulldog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #77
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

EDIT: Figured out the issue, it helps to actually load your SQL files like the PDF tells you to.

Thanks again

I have been able to get all the way through step 9 of the set up to test if I know what I am doing. When I try to update my admin page, I see the following error message on the page

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home1/petegnin/public_html/StatsLab/admin.php on line 491

Also, when I try to log in as a commish or owner, none are showing on the login page. I do have a commish and two other owners in the test league file.

Can anyone help? fhomess, I can supply you with any info you may need to help out. This is just a test league, I will want to set it up for a league I plan on running.

Thanks

Last edited by Pete Grassi; 09-04-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #78
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Edit again: Issue resolved, was pointing StatsLab to the wrong directory. All images look good now.

OK, onto another issue. I have most of the utilities working and am very excited by the possibilities for a stats only league.

I am having an issue with the images in StatsLab on the web. My league website looks fine, but the StatsLab site looks awful, missing the images. I uploaded all my league images to the StatsLab folder accessible from the web but they do not show in the utility.

Last edited by Pete Grassi; 09-05-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #79
Buane
Minors (Double A)

I want to echo all the comments that say these utilities are awesome. They bring a whole new awesome dimension to online leagues.

I do have a question though. StatsLab Metrics doesn't seem to calculate OPS+ and ERA+ retroactively. So seasons past where OPS+ and ERA+ weren't calculated by OOTP will display without either stat. But OOTP11 will at least (feebly, I might add) calculate retroactive OPS/ERA+...so the stat IS there for those seasons in the sqldump as far as I know.

Is this just one of StatsLab's few limitations? Am I missing a way to get statslab to do this?
Old 09-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #80
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
Edit again: Issue resolved, was pointing StatsLab to the wrong directory. All images look good now.

OK, onto another issue. I have most of the utilities working and am very excited by the possibilities for a stats only league.

I am having an issue with the images in StatsLab on the web. My league website looks fine, but the StatsLab site looks awful, missing the images. I uploaded all my league images to the StatsLab folder accessible from the web but they do not show in the utility.
Could be that the StatsLab images folder doesn't have read access. Otherwise, I'm not sure what would cause this, but would be happy to take a look if you can PM me a link to the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buane View Post
I want to echo all the comments that say these utilities are awesome. They bring a whole new awesome dimension to online leagues.

I do have a question though. StatsLab Metrics doesn't seem to calculate OPS+ and ERA+ retroactively. So seasons past where OPS+ and ERA+ weren't calculated by OOTP will display without either stat. But OOTP11 will at least (feebly, I might add) calculate retroactive OPS/ERA+...so the stat IS there for those seasons in the sqldump as far as I know.

Is this just one of StatsLab's few limitations? Am I missing a way to get statslab to do this?
Unfortunately, the OOTP database and the SQL dump do not contain the same information. The SQL dump is just a limited subset of the full database, and I'm not aware of where OPS+ or ERA+ are in the SQL dump. If you can point me to it, I'll pull it from there instead. The reason SatsLab only does it for the current season is that's the only way to adjust for park. The SQL dump doesn't include the information needed to determine park factors for any season other than the current one.