Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 05-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #101
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I'll check it out. Thanks.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #102
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
I'll check it out. Thanks.
I'll start going through the years and send you a list of players I find with "bad" names. I'm still learning out the game and system, so I'm mostly just starting games to see what is what and how mods look in game, etc... I can just check all the players as well. 3 out of however many ain't bad.

Last edited by Elysian Fields; 05-09-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:30 AM   #103
MoTeters
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
QE1=If you remove the ODB file you cannot import history.
QE2=Yes, you need the other csv's even though many are not used.
Thank you , sir !!!
MoTeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #104
Aumakua
Major Leagues

CSV vs .odb

okay seen as how when I edit the .odb file with open office the game won't load the database anymore, I guess my only option of editing these awesome files is to go with csv

I just have a question about what I am losing out on doing it this way. From a quick glance it looks like player stats are still imported, just league history is not, so no world series records and no hall of fame. But if you import in 1901, Cy Young will still have 248 wins or whatever in his history.

so other than not having hall of fame and league world series history is there anything else it is missing?
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #105
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Quote:
Fixed.

That Lahman fella likes to change table structure and Team/League Abbrev on a nearly yearly basis. He may think it is a form of copy protection. I think it is a P.I.T.A.

Anyway that has been handled, I'll generate an update after people get a chance to find more challenges.
Re dl'd the real no asians, still wrong id's

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #106
BigBen
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecos23 View Post

Looking at the load pretty much the whole Yankees, White Sox, Cubs, and a few other teams aren't importing - they are just going right into the FA pool. I guess it's the same case, team ID is not what OOTP expects...
Samething here
when I start my 1980 season I've almost 950 players on FA ...
BigBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #107
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Spritze knows about it and it will be fixed.

Also, I will be releasing my version of the database (with Spritzes help) that will have all players debut when they made their pro debut and will import to the proper organizations as of opening day of that season.

It's based on the allplayersrealdebut version of Spritze's database with some more accurate team assignments and debut years. As some of Spritze's are approximated.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #108
mikecos23
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post

Also, I will be releasing my version of the database (with Spritzes help) that will have all players debut when they made their pro debut and will import to the proper organizations as of opening day of that season.

It's based on the allplayersrealdebut version of Spritze's database with some more accurate team assignments and debut years. As some of Spritze's are approximated.
Cool, looking forward to this, been using your database's the last few years. Between you and Spritze we really get a great array of historical options with OOTP, dare I say unmatched by another product by far!
mikecos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #109
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumakua View Post
so other than not having hall of fame and league world series history is there anything else it is missing?
No
Old 05-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #110
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The requested Japan only and Korea only Asian db's are up on the site.

I am currently on the move traveling so this will be the last update for a week or so unless I get time to double check the Lahman Team Abbrev fix.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #111
DWK
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post

I too have been using this data base for my online league and between you and Spritze's they are very close.
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #112
golander40
Major Leagues

Pro or MLB ?

Gambo,
Does "Pro" debut mean MLB-debut or the 1st year as a Pro (1st signing a pro contract ?)
Thanks much for all your work.
Gil The Ancient One
golander40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #113
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Pro Contract. If possible any league. So pre MLB debut if drafted, Japan pre MLB, major independent leagues (PCL, Mexico, etc.)

Yeah and me and Spritze were working towards the same thing and decided to combine his skill with numbers and my skill with research to try and work on a collaborate database.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #114
spacer99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cant wait for this Gambo and Spritze.
spacer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #115
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Any timing on yours, Gambo?

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:26 AM   #116
terpsfan101
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Spritze:

"That Lahman fella likes to change table structure and Team/League Abbrev on a nearly yearly basis. He may think it is a form of copy protection. I think it is a P.I.T.A.

Anyway that has been handled, I'll generate an update after people get a chance to find more challenges."

Spritze, the teamID's in the lahman DB haven't been changed in years, at least not since 2006, when I started playing around with his database.

Gambo:

My offer still stands to cross-check your database tables before you release your database. If you want me to take a look at them, send me a PM. Spritze, I can cross-check your databases as well (when you generate the new ones).
terpsfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:56 AM   #117
terpsfan101
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Obviously you are not going to catch everything when you are working with huge amounts of data (like 500,000 player-season records). I tried to fix the wrong teamID's. The problem is that I don't always know what wrong ID matches up to the correct teamID. So it looks like Spritze will have to fix them.
terpsfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #118
Aumakua
Major Leagues

What is the difference between pitching and pitching2, or batting and batting2 in the csv files? It looks like the game always loads the stats from the base one, so what is the "2" for? if editing CSV files, which ones should I edit?
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #119
mikecos23
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumakua View Post
What is the difference between pitching and pitching2, or batting and batting2 in the csv files? It looks like the game always loads the stats from the base one, so what is the "2" for? if editing CSV files, which ones should I edit?
I'm no expert and maybe the database guys can answer, but I believe the base file is "real" stats and the "2" files are "neutralized" stats.
mikecos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #120
elmerlee
Minors (Triple A)

Sure would like to also know this.
elmerlee is offline   Reply With Quote