Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 04-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #61
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejbucs View Post
One player to check on.

Max Carey loaded in with the 1901 league. His birthday gets shown in game as 1/11/1900, which makes him 1 year old. His real birthday was 1/11/1890, which means that he shouldn't get loaded until 1908 for the 18 year old DB.
Thanks, I'll adjust his Birthdate in the Lahman stuff. You might also want to let them know of the error at baseball1.com as that is where major league players birthdates come from.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #62
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejbucs View Post
As long as you don't select the "Retire players according to history" check in teh Gane Setup, they should play until they retire in-game.
but if the player keeps playing with no real life stats for the computer to calculate their ratings on, how is that handled? So if the guy was 30 years old in 1920 and has no stats after that year but you have the game recalculate every year based on real stats, what happens?

Thanks
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:25 AM   #63
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Previous versions had the OOTP development engine take over for players not covered by recalc. This is possibly/probably/perhaps/maybe still in effect though I haven't had any time to check it out.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:55 AM   #64
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

The main file uploaded to padresfan site... does it have the Max Carey correction in it? Is there a way we can fix the rare error like this ourselves, if not?
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #65
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumakua View Post
3) does the no asians file still have the negro league players? debating which way to go since I have no clue who the asian stars are other than the guys who played in MLB.

Thanks,
A good starting place to learn about them is here or Japanese baseball links

Once you learn a little about them, you'll start to love them (in both historic and current teams/players).

Last edited by plannine; 05-01-2010 at 09:34 AM.
plannine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #66
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Any update on the high school database (all players -white, black, brown, asian) you were working on? Not a lot of time to work on it, I'd imagine.

Looking forward to it.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #67
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

High School Version is done as are a few others so I ran a sim-test and found I need to further cut the abilities of Asian players of the 80's and 90's. They are too good relative to major leaguers. The 30's through 70's look good as is. I'll be doing that this afternoon, so after I re-test it all should be good to go.

I also added all the new version 11 info and processes to the outputs and created the ability to make many different versions (college/real debuts, high school, Asian, non-asian etc) quickly.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #68
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Spritze, is there, or do you see any possibility of being able to run historical players thru a high school/college feeder system? I would like to start back in history and have all real players enter thru such a system. Using just mlb and negro lg players. no Japanese that didn't play in mlb with no fictional players at all

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room

Last edited by kagnew35; 05-05-2010 at 06:25 PM.
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #69
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I have never used feederers for anything but one might hope it might be workable.

Once I get the new Asian MLE formula tested I'll try it and see.

Made the Asian changes and the test sim is rolling along. Once that passes the my eyeball test I'll post the final High School and College\Real Life db's.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:50 AM   #70
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

OK, the new high school versions are on the "secret" site.

Both the No Asians and the full version.

I'll do the collegiate version either Sat or Sun evening depending on how Mother's Day falls out.

The Zip files now contain BOTH the CSV's and the ODB file.

The full Stats folder with everything included has been zipped so players can change these files to suit their personalized needs.

Last edited by Spritze; 05-07-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:17 AM   #71
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Started a 1939 lg, looks great, thank you

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
Old 05-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #72
mikecos23
Minors (Single A)

Spritze any chance I can get access to the file also? Sorry for some reason I can't PM on the board, just activated my account, been lurking for years...you can email me at michael.dicosimo@gmail.com...thanks, been looking forward to this db for a couple of weeks now, your db on OOTPX was great - thanks for all your hard work!
mikecos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #73
Rainers
Minors (Single A)

Spritze,

I know you probably hate people asking when is this going to be out or when is that going to be out; You are doing great work and we all should be patient. But...I am going to release the 4th grader in me and ask when the separate Asian (KBO and *** split) databases will be ready. I have a universe on hold and it's burning a hole in my proverbial computer pocket.

Rainers

Last edited by Rainers; 05-07-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Rainers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #74
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Negro Leaguers

Do you have to change their race? I was just playing around with this work of art last night briefly and I looked at Sol White... and well he was white.

Not a problem for me at all, but I was just wondering if that's the deal.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #75
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainers View Post
Spritze,

I know you probably hate people asking when is this going to be out or when is that going to be out; You are doing great work and we all should be patient. But...I am going to release the 4th grader in me and ask when the separate Asian (KBO and *** split) databases will be ready. I have a universe on hold and it's burning a hole in my proverbial computer pocket.

Rainers
That DB is done I just didn't put it up because I didn't know if anyone was interested. Since you are, I'll upload it to the "secret site" Saturday night as I am out of town til then.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #76
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post
Do you have to change their race? I was just playing around with this work of art last night briefly and I looked at Sol White... and well he was white.

Race is not contained in any of the OOTP DB's, mine or any other. There is not any field for it.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #77
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Spritze I sent you a PM asking for the site to download the file from and a question about editing the odb file.

I will ask it here too just incase someone else can help. For anyone editing the database file what program are you using? I tried open office but it will only open in their writer program and it is a mess.

thanks!
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #78
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Race is not contained in any of the OOTP DB's, mine or any other. There is not any field for it.
Got it. Interesting.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:57 AM   #79
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Having teams with too few players, ie, 2003 Montreal with only 8 total???? At opening day, had large
FA pool??

Old 05-08-2010, 02:59 AM   #80
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post

If you dl and install the all in one mod, the facegen pics should be right, for those done so far.