Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 04-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #41
longhorns
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Give it another try. I zipped it from Windows instead of MacOS this time...

Thanks! I had to unblock from properties tab but finally was able to get it to work. Thanks again for your help, now off to create history!
longhorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #42
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEndshiftresign View Post
Am trying my 1978 historical league now and I see a lot of Japanese players in the minor league rosters.

Does the No Asians database include Japanese and Korean players who eventually played in the majors?
Yes, so I guess it really is a "No Asians who only hung out in Asia" database but really that is a little long for a title for a database although I have seen longer ones but actually not as many as you might think.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:07 AM   #43
MrEndshiftresign
Minors (Double A)

Cool. Guess I'll be waiting for the collegiate/No Asian version then.
MrEndshiftresign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #44
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Also, great job adding lots of Japanese and Negro League players, but I don't think I saw Josh Gibson...or Japanese home run king Sadaharu Oh in the list of retired players.
Good catch.

Not only are those two players missing but any Lahman player who was only a DH is missing as well. It appears that if there is no career fielding data in the master.csv the player does not load, even if he has a batting and regular fielding record and even if one is not using the career fielding option.

The formulas used to designate career fielding ratings in OOTP do not work for some positions in International leagues and for DH's because the data used does not exist.

I'll adjust those formulas to work with the data at hand so I can generate ratings for players like Oh and Gibson. I'll ask Markus what he wants to do about DH only players. There are very few of them as most players spent at least some time in the field.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #45
spacer99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any ETA to the release of the "regular" Spritze db?
spacer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:09 AM   #46
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I thought I'd be done by now but I need to fix the formulas so Mr. Gibson and Mr. Oh and various DH's will show up again. Started that this afternoon. Best guess is this weekend "good lord willing and the creeks don't rise".
Old 04-23-2010, 12:57 AM   #47
robc
Hall Of Famer

Hi,
Thanks for putting a lot of work into creating your high school DB. I have a question about it. Is there anything in the DB which would identify the players that played in MLB or the associated minors? If possible I would like to filter out the non MLB and minor league players (such as Japanese players who didn't play in the US).

If I can't do it, no problem and thanks again for your work.

Rob
robc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:12 AM   #48
MrEndshiftresign
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc View Post
Hi,
Thanks for putting a lot of work into creating your high school DB. I have a question about it. Is there anything in the DB which would identify the players that played in MLB or the associated minors? If possible I would like to filter out the non MLB and minor league players (such as Japanese players who didn't play in the US).

If I can't do it, no problem and thanks again for your work.

Rob
Spritze is releasing a "No Asians" version which doesn't include Asian players who didn't play in the US. So you still get Ichiro, Hideki Matsui, Hideo Nomo, etc., and a fairly realistic minor league setup if you're running historical leagues.

- C. Montgomery Burns
Old 04-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #49
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Spritze is releasing a "No Asians" version which doesn't include Asian players who didn't play in the US. So you still get Ichiro, Hideki Matsui, Hideo Nomo, etc., and a fairly realistic minor league setup if you're running historical leagues.
The No Asians db is available in the same place you found the first released db. Also an Asians only DB is there as well.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #50
robc
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The No Asians db is available in the same place you found the first released db. Also an Asians only DB is there as well.
Is the no Asians DB going up on PadresFan's site? Is there a DB that just has players who only played in the major leagues or the minors (no other leagues like the Negro Leagues, etc).

Thanks!
robc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #51
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:

One of the things I've done with your expanded databases in the past is to capitalize the last name of any player who did not play in the major leagues and capitalize just the first names of players who had a limited career IRL. Also I would give any player who did not have a first name, a ZX instead of the 0 that nameless players get in the game.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #52
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
One of the things I've done with your expanded databases in the past is to capitalize the last name of any player who did not play in the major leagues and capitalize just the first names of players who had a limited career IRL. Also I would give any player who did not have a first name, a ZX instead of the 0 that nameless players get in the game.
I had the Caps thing a few versions ago but lots of people complained so I went back to boring old.
In my personal game I name them all "Casey" since pretty much all the 0's are fairly Irishian.

Fixed the career fielding challenge that made some players not import. Testing it now.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #53
hfield007
All Star Starter

Is the new spritze no asian DB ready yet? if so where?
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:13 AM   #54
MrEndshiftresign
Minors (Double A)

@hfield007 - Yes it is. Just downloaded it from his site, but you'll have to PM him for the address...

Anyway, is there any timetable for the collegiate/real-life minor league debut No Asians version?

- C. Montgomery Burns
Old 04-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #55
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

This weekend. Depending on the things it depends on. The future is sorta hard to predict, about all I can promise for sure is that I intend to get several variations finished.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #56
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
This weekend. Depending on the things it depends on. The future is sorta hard to predict, about all I can promise for sure is that I intend to get several variations finished.
Looking forward to your hobbit with no urukai db, Spritze.

The Man Behind eMLB - https://atl-02.statsplus.net/emlb/re..._150_home.html

Proud OOTP Affiliate Streamer
Proud Twitch Partner (Partnered 3/15/22)
eMLBCommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:01 AM   #57
Aumakua
Major Leagues

editing your file

the league I plan on setting up will be starting in 1920 (will avoid the whole black sox scandal that way) and I am glad to see you have a database with negro league players and asian players as the last time I played ootp was in 2007-2008 and it was a pain adding them into the database with made up mlb stats. I have a few questions

1) how are players like Joe Jackson handled when you start in a year they are still playing? since he no longer was in baseball after 1920 but I want him and the other White Sox players to finish their careers along the path they were headed, do I need to have a specific setting for that to happen?

2) since this is no longer a csv file, is there any way to edit it? the main reason is I plan on getting rid of the steroid era and in the past have always done that by lowering the homeruns of the "users" in that file before even starting the league.

3) does the no asians file still have the negro league players? debating which way to go since I have no clue who the asian stars are other than the guys who played in MLB.

Thanks,
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #58
ejbucs
Minors (Single A)

One player to check on.

Max Carey loaded in with the 1901 league. His birthday gets shown in game as 1/11/1900, which makes him 1 year old. His real birthday was 1/11/1890, which means that he shouldn't get loaded until 1908 for the 18 year old DB.
ejbucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #59
ejbucs
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumakua View Post
the league I plan on setting up will be starting in 1920 (will avoid the whole black sox scandal that way) and I am glad to see you have a database with negro league players and asian players as the last time I played ootp was in 2007-2008 and it was a pain adding them into the database with made up mlb stats. I have a few questions

1) how are players like Joe Jackson handled when you start in a year they are still playing? since he no longer was in baseball after 1920 but I want him and the other White Sox players to finish their careers along the path they were headed, do I need to have a specific setting for that to happen?
As long as you don't select the "Retire players according to history" check in teh Gane Setup, they should play until they retire in-game.
ejbucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #60
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
The easy way is to turn "retire according to history" off. That way he will keep playing.

Quote:
2) since this is no longer a csv file, is there any way to edit it? the main reason is I plan on getting rid of the steroid era and in the past have always done that by lowering the homeruns of the "users" in that file before even starting the league.?
There will be CSV files included in the final versions. You will need to delete the ODB file and not load any "history" for them to work.

Quote:
3) does the no asians file still have the negro league players? debating which way to go since I have no clue who the asian stars are other than the guys who played in MLB.

Thanks,
Yes, it still has negro league players.