Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
teak88
Minors (Triple A)

Random crashes

OOTPX was working fine for 6 mos; then stopped...

Specifically, on the Team screens, when I go to one of the tabs - "Pitching", "Lineup", etc - I get a msg" "OOTP has stopped working; Program will close now", and does.

I un-installed and re-installed; set up a new game and same thing happened

Only things diffeent were 1) computer ran out of battery during a game and shut down; don't know wy this would do something; and 2) downloaded the new patch a few days ago, but believe the game kept working for awhile after

What think?

Thx
Old 11-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
rutri01
All Star Reserve

I get this occasionally too. But works when I open the game again.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
teak88
Minors (Triple A)

No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutri01 View Post
I get this occasionally too. But works when I open the game again.
...wish this was the case, but happens every time now; have re-tarted games and set up new ones; all the same
Old 11-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
rutri01
All Star Reserve

have you added any new programs?
Old 12-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
WCB
Bat Boy

Unhappy Crashes when lineup/rotation accessed

I have the same problem. Everything worked great for 6 months and then I downloaded the patch then every time I try to access the team lineups and rotation the game crashes. I can't even play out a game because I need to access those screens and it keeps crashing on me. Help!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
timmermac
Major Leagues

I too am having far too much difficulty. I have had 2 runtime errors in the last 30 minutes. The second one happened when I was in the middle of making adjustments to one of my online teams. This is making me want to spend less time on the game, which is a bad thing.

Crush the baseball. Drive it before you. And hear the lamentation of the opponent's women.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be a grand clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
battists
Hall Of Famer

I am terribly sorry it's taken so long to officially reply to this thread. I'd still like to figure out if there's an outstanding issue here, so please let me know if you still need help with this!

Thanks very much,

Steve
Old 02-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
teak88
Minors (Triple A)

Fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
I am terribly sorry it's taken so long to officially reply to this thread. I'd still like to figure out if there's an outstanding issue here, so please let me know if you still need help with this!

Thanks very much,

Steve
Firstly, thx Battist, for responding.

Secondly, I have no idea what this issue was from 2004. I kept playing for a number of years; so, whatever it was ...must have been fixed.

Now ...the issue is Vista. After 6-8 years (otp3?; seduced from BB Mogul), I stopped playing ootp.

Great game; it used to be my pacifier on long international trips; but, somehow, Vista defeats it.

I have another series of posts on the "Tech/Vista" thread detailing the issue (along w/ numerous others), but it seems to be ignored.

In a nutshell, I have a very serious business laptop; up to date in all dimensions; that I used to play ootp on the afore mentioned (big words) int'l trips ...but it now wouldn't run.

The tech forums had all kinds of work-arounds - turn this off/ turn this on/ chk this/ try that - but in the end nothing worked for me. And, if you knew my "billing rate", the cost of this was exorbinant. But, nevertheless, crazy. One should be able to download a program onto a serious platform and press "start" and start.

So, as I said on a previous post, "I'm out of here". Maybe I'll try ootp11, w/ a money back garuantee; but otherwise, I'm viewing this as amateur hour.

To repeat a previous post, even Earl Weaver BB, in 1991, had no such problems.

Now, Battist, I don't understand the ootp hierarchy or management; I've seen your name around the Forums a lot (btw, I am, in fact, finished w/ it (ootp); I just got an announcement on my Outlook re your reply to my old post).

So, if you have any "juice", get Marcus et al to fix this Vista problem.

All best
Bob
Old 02-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #9
battists
Hall Of Famer

OK. Obviously, I'm very sorry that the OOTP experience worked out for you in this way. I appreciate you replying.

We'll work to resolve issues like this, and perhaps you can give us a try again in the future!

Steve