Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 06-25-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

BZ 1774: Double Player Still Not Fixed

While dragging a relief pitcher into the #9 position, my pressure on the drag button must have slightly wavered. Without realizing it my pitcher was placed into the #1 & #9 positions in the batting order. This problem has existed for several years!

After putting a substitute 2b in the number 1 batting slot to correct the double player, I ended up with screen#2Name:  Double Sanchez.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  251.3 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by Ambermonk; 06-25-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
Tony M
Global Moderator

I'm trying to replicate this. Whenever I drag a pitcher down to the lineup section and drop him too early, he assumes the playing position of the player I dropped him on.

I assume you are dropping him on the left hand side?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxford View Post
I'm trying to replicate this. Whenever I drag a pitcher down to the lineup section and drop him too early, he assumes the playing position of the player I dropped him on.

I assume you are dropping him on the left hand side?
Correct. I suspect that my mouse was at the vertical level of #1 when the pressure was just barely lessoned, and at #9 when I actually released the drag button.

BTW-FWIW, I was dragging left from the warmup area, not down from the roster area.

Last edited by Ambermonk; 06-25-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermonk View Post

BTW-FWIW, I was dragging left from the warmup area, not down from the roster area.
Ah OK. I'll give that a go and see what happens.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #5
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I just tried this and I can't reproduce it either, even moving them from the warmup area.

With a mouse, I'm fairly sure that you're either clicking it or you're not. There's really no in-between.

I can drop the player into the #1 slot and immediately pick him back up again, but it won't let me move him around in the lineup once he's been placed in it.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
I just tried this and I can't reproduce it either, even moving them from the warmup area.

With a mouse, I'm fairly sure that you're either clicking it or you're not. There's really no in-between.

I can drop the player into the #1 slot and immediately pick him back up again, but it won't let me move him around in the lineup once he's been placed in it.
OK, thanks for checking. It only happens about once a season, so I can live with it. I'll post you if it happens again. Appreciate your efforts.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermonk View Post
OK, thanks for checking. It only happens about once a season, so I can live with it. I'll post you if it happens again. Appreciate your efforts.
Thank you for sticking with it. Just let us know.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #8
orwell
Major Leagues

Game kidnapped my shortstop but cloned my pitcher to make up for it

Playing out a game. My turn to bat in the seventh. I notice that my leadoff SS has vanished from the lineup. In his place is a pitcher - not just any pitcher, but my starting pitcher, who somehow remained in his spot toward the bottom of the order as well. This was attempt #2 to play out this game (game crashed in about the sixth inning in my first attempt).

Playing with latest patched version.

Here are images:

Old 07-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
orwell
Major Leagues

Finished game. Here is box score, which further illustrates the issue. I highlighted the cloned/kidnapped players.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #10
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Merging a pair of related threads here.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #11
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Bz 1774
Old 09-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #12
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Sorry guys, but we can't reproduce this one.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #13
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Inserting Position Player as Pitcher

Down 15-0 in the 9th inning and my bullpen blown (hell, I left my starter in to die for the first 13 runs), I decided to try and put a position player in to pitch.

Well..........interesting things happened. I tried to use him as a pinch hitter in the pitcher's spot, fine. No problems there. But what happened then was REALLY odd.

..........he was ALSO substituted in for my leadoff hitter. He hit twice in a row. (screenshot 1)

Then after the inning ended, I tried to substitute for the "second" Pancho Carlos (the leadoff hitter), and I couldn't. My only choice was to put him in at 2B (where the leadoff hitter played).

After the game prompted me that I had a position player at pitcher (I had to click "okay" two or three times to have it go away - I assume that this is a fail-safe to prevent an accident) and started the top of the 9th.

Well what ended up happening was I now had TWO Pancho Carlos's out in the field, one at pitcher, one at 2B. (screenshot 2) I got through the top of the 9th, game advances to bottom of the 9th, and now both of them are listed as playing 2B in my lineup. (screenshot 3)

I know that at least in OOTP8, it happened twice where the AI put in a position player to pitch, so I know it's at least possible. I have never done it myself before today. And well, I may not again if it causes issues.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #14
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

No, I've used position players in pitching roles plenty of times without seeing this issue.

A few users have reported this behavior, but the majority of us cannot reproduce it. I don't believe that it has anything to do with using your position player as a pitcher.

Which version of OOTP 9 were you using when this happened?
Old 10-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #15
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #16
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Merging related reports.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #17
tirk44
Bat Boy

I just experienced a related issue but not exactly the same.

I brought in a reliever in the bottom of 7th and wanted him to bat 6th, but strangely the drag and drop placed him 9th. At the time I thought that could have been my error.

I figured I would just have to bat for him in the top of 8th then - he was due up 2nd. The leadoff man singled and I brought in my pinch-hitter, who struck out. One down, with my leadoff man up, and imagine my surprise when I see it's the pitcher I just pinch hit for, grounding into a double play. Of course I was angered and ended up not getting on base again.

The box score is just weird. It looks like the game did an automatic double switch when I wanted to in the 7th, but just didn't work right. I brought in Cruz at 2B and was attempting to bring in Martinez at P 6th. Instead it brought him right into the P spot.

Then it looked like it wanted to automatic double switch again, except in the middle of the inning with a pitcher who was already brought into the game.

Please note I get these autodouble switch issues only when I'm "Act As" manager, not manager.
Attached Images
tirk44 is offline   Reply With Quote