Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 12-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #1
jwalkerdb
Minors (Single A)

Red face Help!!! Too dumb to help myself.

Hey Everybody,

I need some help. I have looked on the forum, and read the new manual, and I guess I need a real basic step by step instruction on how to Import a Historical Player. I can not find the Master.CSV, whatever, and wherever that is. I don't know where the integrated Historical database is. I have the player ID, one being ceyro01. I can't seem to follow the instructions in the manual or the game and get anywhere. I'm lost. I want to import some childhood heroes, can anybody lend a hand to a instuctionally challenged fan of this great game.

Please be kind, and please be thorough in any instructions you can pass along.

Thanks in advance,

John
jwalkerdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
magnet
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=158696

Grab that database, unzip it to it's own folder (I typically use C:\Stats), and the master.csv you seek will be in that folder.
magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #3
Pirates Fan
Minors (Single A)

jwalkerdb,

i just went through the same thing. In the "New to the Game" part of the forum, look up the thread titled "Potential buyer has questions."
Pirates Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
jwalkerdb
Minors (Single A)

Smile Thanks, I have it working now

Thanks guys, I have it working now.

Another thanks for all the help I have recieved from this forum's participants. I have been playing since version 4 and and am now knee deep in 2008. I could not have the enjoyment with this game that I am having without the assistance of so many generous and dedicated friends. I have been helped with technical questions, uniforms, logos, etc. While OOTP puts out a great game, half the credit goes to the giving members of this forum.

Many thanks,

John
jwalkerdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:02 AM   #5
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalkerdb View Post
Thanks guys, I have it working now.

Another thanks for all the help I have recieved from this forum's participants. I have been playing since version 4 and and am now knee deep in 2008. I could not have the enjoyment with this game that I am having without the assistance of so many generous and dedicated friends. I have been helped with technical questions, uniforms, logos, etc. While OOTP puts out a great game, half the credit goes to the giving members of this forum.

Many thanks,

John
I agree with you also John there are some great guys and characters on this board. Have a great holiday break.
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:13 AM   #6
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalkerdb View Post
While OOTP puts out a great game, half the credit goes to the giving members of this forum.
Only half?

I agree. Some of those guys doing the logo and uniform/facegen mods are just amazing.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote