Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-14-2019, 02:57 PM   #241
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I'd stay away from gold packs myself...I'd rather get 5 packs to get a better chance at Diamonds and perfects myself.

What positions are you looking to upgrade?
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:54 PM   #242
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Don't make it too complicated. Pick out your 3 weakest "starters" and see if you can find significant improvements.

Last edited by HRBaker; 03-14-2019 at 03:55 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #243
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I'd stay away from gold packs myself...I'd rather get 5 packs to get a better chance at Diamonds and perfects myself.

What positions are you looking to upgrade?

Probably 2B, C, and SP. But what I WANT most is a Super-Util reserve so I can "set it and forget it" for the rest of my lineup as I tinker with that. Right now that Guy is Eugenio Suarez, but his defense is mediocre. He's a good hitter, but I need strong D from my util.

Last edited by Findest2001; 03-14-2019 at 04:27 PM. Reason: EXTRA
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:39 PM   #244
Blazinghalo
Minors (Single A)

If you want a strong defensive utility infielder go with Andrelton Simmons or Luis Aparicio.
Blazinghalo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:16 PM   #245
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazinghalo View Post
If you want a strong defensive utility infielder go with Andrelton Simmons or Luis Aparicio.

I just got Aparicio
Old 03-16-2019, 11:40 AM   #246
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Well, thanks again guys. I am back in first place with both my teams. I have some bids out on players that will improve my team. And I keep making changes everyday and only just realized that there are season-long achievements. So now that I know that I will stop hindering my own PP achievement by leaving the team I have now constructed for an entire year win or lose so that they can get season-long achievements. None the less, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped and I'm having more fun now and less frustration. There's still a bit of frustration but it's the good kind the challenging kind in baseball. So once again this seems like an uphill battle as opposed to an impossible one. Thank you all for your support
Old 03-17-2019, 10:33 PM   #247
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Well, with all the love, suggestions, encouragement, help, and support in this thread I feel obligated to give you a status update.

I won it all! I didn't even lose a single game in the playoffs! And I had to play BOTH of the teams that seemed impossible to beat

Thank you all so much for your support!
Attached Images
Old 03-18-2019, 01:53 AM   #248
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Well, considering that I just finished 81-81 in P408 in my first season back in Perfect (5th overall now), I'm willing to listen to any advice you might care to give. The 20k points I earned the last 2 years in Diamond were about 3k more than I earned in all 4 seasons I spent in Perfect the first time around, and they allowed me to finally purchase some of the upgrades I've been targeting for a long time. Anything you can recommend to earn points faster would be quite welcome.

I'm just glad that my team seems to no longer be granting hordes and hordes of points to my opponents from pitching meltdowns. (Late Edit: In other words, I am no longer giving out welfare to the people lucky enough to be in my league)
Update on my specific situation: Yeah, all that stuff I said about being competitive in Perfect now? Nevermind. My team is still bad apparently.

I finished 66-96, avoiding relegation. Again. I earned a grand total of 3075 points from achievements, including 3 Great Gloves at the end of the season. "Hey Big Spender..."

I didn't even bother logging into the game on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Might as well let it run on autopilot since its all outside of my control anyways. I used to care, but now I find I have little opportunity for improvement and very limited hope.

See y'all next Sunday, I guess.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote