Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-05-2019, 12:32 PM   #1
DTFinch
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Newbie Question concerning pack acquisitions

I am interested in playing Perfect Team, but I don't like the fact that players can purchase packs using real money instead of points, as I think think this defeats the purpose of improving your team through your playing ability and skills versus other players. How much of this goes on and are there leagues that are strictly player acquisition through earned Player Points?
DTFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #2
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFinch View Post
I am interested in playing Perfect Team, but I don't like the fact that players can purchase packs using real money instead of points, as I think think this defeats the purpose of improving your team through your playing ability and skills versus other players. How much of this goes on and are there leagues that are strictly player acquisition through earned Player Points?

This is a pay to win mode, so there are people buying points, some a lot more than others. Through patience and a lot (a lot) of pack luck, you can slowly raise the ranks without spending money, but your opponents can spend money all they want ; because you limit yourself doesn't mean the others will. It's always better to buy the players you want off the AH, but it takes some of the fun out of opening packs.

There is very little playing ability as far as this mode goes since everything is simulated. Changing your lineup and strategy and looking at ratings on a card past the overall rating is pretty much all the skill you need to play.

There are no leagues set for no money spent by OOTP. However, some people "make" all kinds of leagues by using the friend list feature. If you want to be in a league where nobody spends money, you would have to look on the forums see if there is one or create one yourself.

Last edited by eldur00; 03-05-2019 at 12:42 PM.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:25 PM   #3
<Pion>
All Star Starter

<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #4
DTFinch
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for your answer, that is rather disappointing to hear, I am a lot less hesitant to play Perfect Team now. I was hoping it was more of a pure skill and strategy game than spend to win. To each their own.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for your answer, that is rather disappointing to hear, I am a lot less hesitant to play Perfect Team now. I was hoping it was more of a pure skill and strategy game than spend to win. To each their own.
You don't have to pay to win.

Personally, I haven't spent a cent & have worked my way up to the diamond leagues & been on the cusp of being promoted to perfect the last 2 seasons. I know there are plenty of free to play teams at the perfect level.

You can spend real money to play the game but you certainly don't have to & you can be competitive without doing so

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:46 PM   #6
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Well TBH all the big spenders congregate in the highest levels pretty quickly. You can definitely have fun with a competitive FTP team in gold and below. Maybe diamond if you are good.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #7
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Well TBH all the big spenders congregate in the highest levels pretty quickly. You can definitely have fun with a competitive FTP team in gold and below. Maybe diamond if you are good.
The additional level we'll see in the next version will further separate the whales, as well.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #8
DTFinch
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for all the replies, good to hear that not all are spend to win, maybe I need to re-consider. I have nothing against players who do spend to win, just not for me is all, I find a level playing field more of a challenge.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:48 PM   #9
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies, good to hear that not all are spend to win, maybe I need to re-consider. I have nothing against players who do spend to win, just not for me is all, I find a level playing field more of a challenge.
You build your team and it will seek its own level due to your skill and card purchase/lucky draw results. The playing field is level enough once you find your level.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:08 PM   #10
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Some players have spent money and have said that their f2p teams are more fun for them. Paying for packs definitely gives you a leg up but as others have said you can still win as f2p. F2p lets you take your time and learn the game as you progress more slowly. Opening packs is thrilling though.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:17 PM   #11
zrog2000
All Star Starter

My pay team (spent about $50) along with my FTP team have been in the same league for the last 4 seasons. Perfect for the previous 3 and diamond this season.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:41 PM   #12
whobob
Minors (Single A)

As a f2p player, you have to pick certain strategies instead of going by the best OVR rank. Going by overall will doom you in this game. You can certainly win through Diamond at least with good strategy and some patience. Perfect Leagues are more of a lottery, as most of the big money spenders are there.
whobob is offline   Reply With Quote