Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-28-2019, 12:00 AM   #1
<Pion>
All Star Starter

.500 Record wins league

I'm amazed how many times the underdog wins a series, and even more so, how many times a wildcard team goes deep in the playoffs. Was surprised to see that my Theme team (Dodgers) who went 81-81 in the regular season won the Diamond league they were in. Two seasons prior to that, they went from wildcard team to champions. Things could get real ugly for them in Perfect level.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:04 AM   #2
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

I tried a Dodgers theme team awhile back and the problem is a huge lack of quality pitching of non-Diamond+ cards. I don't remember very many Golds (Hershiser and?).

Anyway, awesome work moving on to Perfect with them. Might get a little rough, though.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:07 AM   #3
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Congratulations! I am so so so very sorry for you!
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
I tried a Dodgers theme team awhile back and the problem is a huge lack of quality pitching of non-Diamond+ cards. I don't remember very many Golds (Hershiser and?).

Anyway, awesome work moving on to Perfect with them. Might get a little rough, though.
The team is in P409. Should be a fun and interesting season.

As for gold pitchers, I have Hershiser, Walker Buehler, and Mike Marshall (who has been exceptionally bad). Silver Yadier Alvarez has done well at times, and I have several diamonds (Kershaw, Nomo, Drysdale and Sutton) with Nomo and Drysdale being the most reliable. I've got 14K in points which I continue to save until I can get either Vance, Campanella, or Jackie. All the others I have except for a couple of guys that would not improve my team (Wynn and Green who would not start and Jansen who is not very good), and then there's Koufax who is expensive but then so is Campanella and others. I could go for Piazza but thought I would wait for Campanella.

Kershaw won the team's first ever Perfect level game 4-2. Snider hit a 3 run HR in the 6th following an RBI single by Tommy Davis. We are under way...

Last edited by <Pion>; 01-28-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:09 PM   #5
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Interesting is right... 41-114 as of now. Sutton is 1-17 and both Kershaw and Nomo have lost 21 games each. Team is ranked 15th in every single category except defensive efficiency.

Whew, maybe back down at the Diamond league we can become a .500 team again.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #6
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Interesting is right... 41-114 as of now. Sutton is 1-17 and both Kershaw and Nomo have lost 21 games each. Team is ranked 15th in every single category except defensive efficiency.

Whew, maybe back down at the Diamond league we can become a .500 team again.

Ouch! I was wondering how your team would fare in a perfect league. I lost over 100 games in my 1st diamond league and it was not much fun to check in on my team back then.

Last edited by old timer; 02-02-2019 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Didn't want to get a competitive balance topic going here
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:47 AM   #7
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Ouch! I was wondering how your team would fare in a perfect league. I lost over 100 games in my 1st diamond league and it was not much fun to check in on my team back then.
I had much better success with the first team that made it to Perfect. They were built around defense and pitching and won 45% of their games the first year. But as more and more great teams made it in perfect, the win % dropped each year for 4 or 5 years until they were relegated back to Diamond.

My Dodger team struggled in Diamond, but somehow got lucky and won it all and got steamrolled in Perfect (Team batting average was somewhere around .224). Hopefully if the Friends List thing works this time around, they'll join a bunch of other "theme" teams in a diamond league. Looking forward to it!