Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-13-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

Can this be done? (Independent League)

Simple question probably to OOTP veterans... basically I want to create my own league, nothing massive, maybe equivalent to the standard of say AA or at best AAA baseball.

What I want is;

My League to run independently, but at the same time to have the MLB and its minors, also running (under AI control) and without any input from me.

Now alongside this, id like players to be able to crossover the leagues without problem, ie if 'X' becomes a free agent, he can be offered contracts from both my league and the MLB franchises... this goes both ways.

Also can we share a draft pool? I dont necessarily want a draft as such, but id like all those not drafted to then become available to my league teams for signing.

Finally as mentioned I want to be able to initially give my league the status/standard of say AA... now if I do that, does that mean the league is forever capped there, OR can teams and players bust out and maybe push the league to be as good as the MLB and/or vice versa, maybe the standard drops and we are scrabbling around the leftovers.

I mean what id like for example is say my league grows in popularity and a team has the relevant budget, that they could compete for a major MLB star in terms of signing them as a free agent.

One last thing, id like trades to work between the leagues.. but can I put restrictions on them at all? Ideally rather than getting players in the deal, id want my league teams to take cash instead?

Hope thats clear, im sure its do-able to an extent on OOTP 15, just want to make sure before I fully commit to it and get my hopes up
bourboncream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourboncream View Post
Simple question probably to OOTP veterans... basically I want to create my own league, nothing massive, maybe equivalent to the standard of say AA or at best AAA baseball.

What I want is;

My League to run independently, but at the same time to have the MLB and its minors, also running (under AI control) and without any input from me.

Now alongside this, id like players to be able to crossover the leagues without problem, ie if 'X' becomes a free agent, he can be offered contracts from both my league and the MLB franchises... this goes both ways.

Also can we share a draft pool? I dont necessarily want a draft as such, but id like all those not drafted to then become available to my league teams for signing.

Finally as mentioned I want to be able to initially give my league the status/standard of say AA... now if I do that, does that mean the league is forever capped there, OR can teams and players bust out and maybe push the league to be as good as the MLB and/or vice versa, maybe the standard drops and we are scrabbling around the leftovers.

I mean what id like for example is say my league grows in popularity and a team has the relevant budget, that they could compete for a major MLB star in terms of signing them as a free agent.

One last thing, id like trades to work between the leagues.. but can I put restrictions on them at all? Ideally rather than getting players in the deal, id want my league teams to take cash instead?

Hope thats clear, im sure its do-able to an extent on OOTP 15, just want to make sure before I fully commit to it and get my hopes up
Yes to all but it will take some manual work. League reputation for an indy or minor league does not change by itself. You would have to manually change that for the league to compete with MLB. If you do it as an indy league you can still affiliate some teams and keep others ans indies and the will have owners. Minor league teams do not have owners even if indy (to my knowledge)

Setting the finances correctly so they have a shot at signing some of the ML claiber FA will be the hardest part.
a few examples. While my EBL, CBF & TBL are ML',s their league reputation is no higher then 8 compared to MLB's 10.
The EBL started with 1973 financials (now in 1992) and the EBL teams did not start to sign superstars until around 2018. Mostly it was players who would have been forced to retire otr play AAA. 41 yr old Barry Larkin with no defensive skills left played for 600 K for 3 yrs. Was an All Star one year. Might have won a GG at 41 also.
The TBL plays Oct - Feb, so they will sign some decent players even with financials set at 1960, then they sign with another league after that.
CBF is closer to modern MLB at 2002 financials and many greats like Trout play in the CBF. CBF and MLB share a draft pool and play in a best of 3 Galactic Series. In time, since I basically play God in the EBL, the EBL will take over as the top league in the Universe.
If you want screenshots let me know.

In my ABF league I have the PCL as an indy league, their reputation is 5 but thjeir financials are teh same as the ML ABF. Since I have Reserve Clause rules for the aBF , many styars do not play in teh PC, just past their prime veterans. I have FA in teh PCL set to 25 yeears since you can not purchase players with RC rules on. Many greats have been bought from the PCL like GIbson, Paige, VCool Papa Bell and a few others. The PCL does have problems signing 5 star amateurs like 17 yr old Joe DiMaggio. He was drafted back to back years by the PCL but failed to sign and become a FA and signed with Philly in the ABF. I do not have trading turned on with both leagues.

After taking the SS's you might want to initially set it up as an Indy league to get team owners then affiliate it so you can have some affiliates but still have team owners.

9 of the top 10 highest paid PCL player shave all played in the ABF.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 02-13-2015 at 09:20 PM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:09 AM   #3
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

Brilliant, thanks for the response and that has given me confidence in looking how to run something.

I think ill get stuck in, see where it takes me and initially go with my first run as a test just to see how the land settles and where we are at. From there I can bump or hold things back as required.

Much appreicated.
bourboncream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:34 PM   #4
Timeless
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How did this work out? I am new to this game (I played an older version a few years ago but have forgotten how it works).

Mine is an alternate history league where the South negotiated a stalemate with the north and a league (similar to the old Southern League of the early 20th century) formed in major Confederate port cities as well as Caribbean port cities. Basically the theme is one division is southeastern/gulf coast teams and the other division is teams dispersed around the Caribbean, with appropriate player distributions.

I want it to start in 1917 as an independent while the majors run concurrent, but I can't even figure out how to have the game (a) run the majors, and (b) add an independent fictional league at the same time.

So I can't even get to figuring out the details as I can't even figure out how to add this other league to the game, Help?!?

Do I start with a historical league then "add" a fictional league?
Timeless is offline   Reply With Quote