Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Can someone please take the time to walk me thru restoring my old season on new Hard Drive

I don't know what happened...I had a help ticket and was asked one question....I answered and never heard back...that was over 2 hours ago

If someone could help me with this I would be very grateful. I had backed up my 1976 season (keep in mind that I have all of the real rosters from half season ball thru the major leagues with correct stats- so I have spent a lot of time on this) my hard drive was ruined last weekend and now I have a new hard drive and have re installed OOTP but can not seem to be able to getting my old game back...like I said, I can see the saved file with the saved games but I can't figure out how to get them back to start playing again

Thanks ahead of time
Pinetarpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

You should just be able to copy the old folder into your new saved games folder. Make sure the folder has a .lg extension at the end (for example, MLB.lg), otherwise the game won't recognize it.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Here is the question I have...where do I find the new saved games folder...I have a few from old games ...

And I am not sure which would be the right place on the new install
Old 11-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #4
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Anyone?

How do I go about importing files to The newly installed game on the new hard drive?
Old 11-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

1) The "old games" are they from OOTP 15?
2) PC or Mac?
3) Default install on PC
C:/user/"you"/documents/OOTP/OOTP15/saved_games
Go to this folder, what folders are in here? Do the folder names end in .lg? is there anything after .lg
This is where OOTP stores saved games.
Where are the old games you have? On this new hard drive, a USB, another computer?

You need to move them to the OOTP15 saved games folder.

Good luck,
Tom
Old 11-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Thanks for the reply....I answered you before and I am sure u will see where my frustration is....the thing is, I know it is so easy but I just can't seem to figure this out which is why it is frustrating...also frustrating that the help desk asked me one question and just disappeared after answering my ticket (:

QUOTE=TGH-Adfabre;3770452]1) The "old games" are they from OOTP 15?

Yes from 15
2) PC or Mac?

Mac

3) Default install on PC
C:/user/"you"/documents/OOTP/OOTP15/saved_games

Go to this folder, what folders are in here? Do the folder names end in .lg? is there anything after .lg

This is a problem I am having.....I easily found those files before this...and now I am really confused by what is the right one ...I know this is confusing to read but I am just lost on this

This is where OOTP stores saved games.
Where are the old games you have? On this new hard drive, a USB, another computer?

The old games are all on the new hard drive ...I just can't access them

You need to move them to the OOTP15 saved games folder.

I would love to but I can't figure that out (where that folder is)

Thanks for the help....

Good luck,
Tom[/QUOTE]
Old 11-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I am not a Mac guy. Is there a files search function on Macs? Try searching for saved_games or OOTP. You should be able to track the file down from there.
Also, OOTP installed? Not just downloaded but you ran the installer?
Old 11-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Yes I ran the installer ...have not started any new games

I had already found the saved games file I am just not sure what to do from there because there are multiple saved game files besides the one from my previous campaign that I want to start again

Even as I write this I realize this is probably so freaking easy that I have to be making it more difficult than it is

(:
Old 11-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #9
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

When I go to load game on the OOTP it doesn't recognize that I have any (which is obvious because I just got a new hard drive )
Old 11-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #10
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Copy your old saved games into the saved_games folder.
What are the folder names for you saved games?
Old 11-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #11
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

2014.lg

bicentennial.lg

New game.lg

The game I want to upload is new game 2.lg
Old 11-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #12
BradC
All Star Starter

You don't have a Mac App Store or Steam install, correct?

You probably can't find the saved games folder because Apple wisely decided to hide the Library folder in newer versions of OS X. (Hey, thanks for that, Apple.)

To get to that folder, go to the Finder, click the Go menu, and hold down the Option key -- You'll see "Library" magically appear in the menu. Click it and you'll open that folder.

From there, you want:

Application Support > Out of the Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 15 > saved_games

Put the .lg folder in the saved_games folder and you should see it when you try to load it in OOTP 15.

LMK how that goes. Thanks.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #13
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

bradC

Thank you so much....that did it

I really appreciate the help from everyone
Old 11-05-2014, 10:10 PM   #14
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Awesome, glad an Applehead showed up to save the day.

Good luck
Old 11-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #15
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

I woke up this morning very happy to know I have my game back....since I have personally added every single player that played in 1976 with the real teams (yes, every minor leaguer) and also added correct stats and pictures for each player (some do not have photos because they can't be found) you can imagine how much time I have spent on this venture

The only loss was with the hard drive crash the backup I bought did not seem to save all of the pictures I had collected...so, going forward I will have to find those again....

Thanks again to everyone
Old 11-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #16
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
You don't have a Mac App Store or Steam install, correct?

You probably can't find the saved games folder because Apple wisely decided to hide the Library folder in newer versions of OS X. (Hey, thanks for that, Apple.)

Why? I have worked in IT and this makes ZERO sense for me...do the Lowest common denominator IT smart people buy Macs and delete things at random? Or is Apple trying to hide bloatware?
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #17
BradC
All Star Starter

I think this is similar to what they've done with iOS from the start: Try to hide the file system as much as possible, with the idea that it makes everything simple and breezy for the user, who just cares about their photos, music, Word docs, etc.

I think they're trying to move OS X in the same direction, and I imagine that started when Steve Jobs was alive. It fits with his philosophy of simple and uncluttered.

Of course, one could also argue that maybe we could teach people how to navigate these areas of their computers, so they can do things like find saved game files and such. Maybe assume they won't be idiots who will randomly delete key files.

But I don't think there's necessarily any evidence of a trend that people who buy Macs are dumb folks who will randomly delete key files. If anything, since Apple targets more affluent customers, I'd imagine the opposite would be true.

And I don't know of Apple trying to hide bloatware.

I think, like I said, it's just part of the "keep it simple" philosophy, but in practice, I don't think it's worked out well, and I'd hate to see them turn OS X into something like iOS, where you can't see the file system unless you turn to a third party utility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
Why? I have worked in IT and this makes ZERO sense for me...do the Lowest common denominator IT smart people buy Macs and delete things at random? Or is Apple trying to hide bloatware?
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #18
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Brad....the new frustration I have is that all my files are locked so I can't get them into the new game....logos, player pics, etc...

I have google how to unlock files and followed the directions and I am still having no luck...any advice or would u suggest I take it to the Apple Store to walk me thru this

Thanks
Old 04-22-2015, 06:01 PM   #19
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Bump.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote