Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #81
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebro View Post

The guide says more feeders = more good players. I'll be monitoring that closely, but this first time around, it didn't seem like it.

Yes and No. To really have a significant you really have to over do feeders. In an older version maybe OOTP 11 or before I had huge feeders with a lot of countries in them. I had at least twice the suggested number of feeders. Average ratings were green numbers. So yes more highly rated players.

The no part is that the league totals control the match engine. [I just realized I said match engine instead of game engine FM is really seeping way too much into my brain]. Theoretically if you have every player with only blue ratings the average stats wouldn't change. You would have pretty much everyone being average.

So what you get or at least used to get from way too many feeders was the average ratings are higher and you get a lot more players with average stats. You saw less variance in players. So there were fewer scrubs and the stars were a bit closer to the average player. Even in the old versions were the batting ratings far exceeded what you saw from starting pitching ratings. That was back when the game hardly generated a star starter but relievers with awesome ratings were a dime a dozen when you used feeders.

Last edited by Biggio509; 12-22-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:26 PM   #82
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoetze View Post
The effect is that the AI will screw up and release players it shouldn't release.
I have to admit, I have found the AI does a good job even with roster size limits enabled, as long a it's 25, 30 & 35.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:56 AM   #83
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I have to admit, I have found the AI does a good job even with roster size limits enabled, as long a it's 25, 30 & 35.
where can we edit minor league roster limits?
MikeG719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #84
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
This has always been a good discussion, and usually helps me consider other ways to play this awesome game!
It all basically comes down to individual preferences. No way is right or wrong, and like politics or sports, can be argued forever about what is the most challenging, fun, realistic, etc.

So with that said, you may want to try this at some point.
Stats only.
AI set up - Hard, neutral
AI percentages - 0/67/22/11
I also strive to be the team with the lowest payroll, or nearly lowest payroll. See how far I can take the team in that mode
Trades - I only trade a minor leaguer for another minor leaguer. So if I have an abundance of first basemen, I will look for another position player. I usually only make one trade per season, sometimes none.
Run a league(however many teams), and then start with an expansion team, in a small market.
I usually "stick" with that team for 9-10 years, and no matter how successful, or unsuccessful, I then add two more expansion teams, and take over one. I've always had a hard time sticking with one team for any length of time, so I find by doing this, it keeps my interest in the league.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote