Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #61
jeheinz72
Hall Of Famer

I use Quick-Play to the 6th every game, then play out from there in 1-pitch mode. I'm not big on things like pitching out, bunting etc anyhow, so it goes pretty quick just hitting enter, making subs etc.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:23 PM   #62
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

i manage five games a month and after every game i check my transactions, free agents, minors and the like to get a feel for my organization. Playing 5 games a month lets me get into the action a little bit and see how my veterans and rookies are doing in game situations. I do play ALL playoff games that my team is in, and ill be honest, IMO OOTP CHEATS!!!!!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #63
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

What do you play like Sundays only or something? Or do you pick 5 key games?
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:33 AM   #64
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Play them out...I am old school. Grew up on Stratomatic...
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:25 AM   #65
Trebro
All Star Reserve

Depends heavily on the team. In a pennant race? I want the control. Out of it? Sim, sim sim.

Strangely, the thing that falls apart when I take over is stolen bases. My CS goes way way up when I manage. (I realize that's eye test, not statistical.)

My thing is that I love building years of history up, and playing 'em out slows it down.
Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #66
ondemonitors
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
Play them out...I am old school. Grew up on Stratomatic...
Throw in a little SherCo with that..another disciple of my own old school religion!
Old 10-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #67
Eric
All Star Starter

I usually play every game. Unfortunately I've only completed a season twice - both losing in the playoffs.

I like playing every game and making managerial moves - managing my bullpen, tinkering with the lineup with somebody is hot or in a slump. However, I lose the ability to see players develop over the course of many seasons and see how my front office skills are at trading, extending contracts and developing my farm system.

I've toyed with the idea of playing every home game and simming away games as a form of giving myself home field advantage.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #68
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Yes.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #69
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I usually play every game. Unfortunately I've only completed a season twice - both losing in the playoffs.

I like playing every game and making managerial moves - managing my bullpen, tinkering with the lineup with somebody is hot or in a slump. However, I lose the ability to see players develop over the course of many seasons and see how my front office skills are at trading, extending contracts and developing my farm system.

I've toyed with the idea of playing every home game and simming away games as a form of giving myself home field advantage.
In ALL your years of OOT-iping you've only made it through two complete seasons? Wow... get some simming going on man, there's a whole lot of fun to be had getting some league history!

Personally I get a lot more enjoyment out of seeing long-time team and league history, careers start and end, dynasties rise and fall, etc etc... than I do seeing someone go on a two week hit streak, or managing the nitty gritty on a game to game basis.

As a result, I sim most of the time with the aim of getting through seasons pretty quickly. I'll slow down if it's a key game or a late season pennant drive, but on average I'd say I would play out less than a handful of games each season.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #70
Eric
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
In ALL your years of OOT-iping you've only made it through two complete seasons? Wow... get some simming going on man, there's a whole lot of fun to be had getting some league history!

Personally I get a lot more enjoyment out of seeing long-time team and league history, careers start and end, dynasties rise and fall, etc etc... than I do seeing someone go on a two week hit streak, or managing the nitty gritty on a game to game basis.

As a result, I sim most of the time with the aim of getting through seasons pretty quickly. I'll slow down if it's a key game or a late season pennant drive, but on average I'd say I would play out less than a handful of games each season.
Old habits are hard to break for somebody who grew up playing APBA. I was quite happy to actually finish a season in OOTP6. When I played APBA, I was lucky to get to June.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:20 PM   #71
swingkid19
Bat Boy

Play a few, sim a few. Sim parts of the games I am playing.

Depending on the time available, I will try to play as many times as I can. Sometimes, I will sim a week or two if I have what should be lopsided matchups or games coming up against teams in which I am not interested. Sometimes, I sim if I see a great pitching matchup because I want to see how it plays out "naturally" instead of having me influence the outcome.

I may sim through parts of games, as when I fall far behind. When I play, I may also sim the opponents at-bats until RISP as (I typically play one-pitch) I am unaware of any ability choose pitch selection or location, making offense more fun to play.

After getting my computer back from the shop following a hard drive failure, the game will only allow me to sim, not to play, which is unfortunate.
swingkid19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #72
swingkid19
Bat Boy

I played SherCo!! Hours and hours and hours! I didn't know anyone else who played. Still have it on a shelf in the basement! That was its own kind of fun--I designed a lot of sometimes quirky ballparks for my use with that game!

Sorry, this did not go where I thought it would and I don't know how to delete it!!

Such an idiot.

Last edited by swingkid19; 10-27-2014 at 11:32 PM. Reason: want to delete
swingkid19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:43 PM   #73
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

In my current game, it's about 25% of games that I sim. I'm playing as the 2017 Padres, and my lineup is interesting - power threats like Joey Gallo and Wladimir Balentien, crazy speed with Billy Hamilton leading off, and all-around solid guys like CJ Cron and Hunter Renfroe. I really like playing the games on one-pitch mode because I can follow the action without it taking too much time. I play through the games pretty fast.

It probably takes me a week or two to finish one season, if I'm playing fairly regularly.
metsguy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #74
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Real-time-sim at 40 or 60(if my team's game is at like 7:10 and the first day's game is at like noon). I let the manager set up the lineups & depth chart, then make tweaks as I feel they are necessary and I basically handle the pitching staff's assignments.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote