Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #21
clwalcott
Minors (Triple A)

Had a few crashes when accessing player pages (2013 MLB)...also, the mod (I know this isn't the developers responsibility but maybe some ideas) does not seem to have photos for very well known players like Rafael Betancourt
clwalcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #22
SportsFan00
Minors (Single A)

Fast download, great game so far.. I love everything about it.... The only thing that sucks(which is no fault of the OOTP team) is that people who have semi lower screen resolutions are kind of out of luck.. Seems like a decent amount of things are cut off... Like the edit ballpark/owner thing.the hot/who's not thing under the bullpen,etc. I just wish there was a way, those who have smaller screen resolutions can still get to everything that those who have bigger resolutions can see.
SportsFan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #23
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

27 seconds to complete download.

Love the new wallpaper with the scorekeeper sheets n box scores in the background.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #24
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Markus - RTS - This is A W E S O M E

B U T

PLEASE disable the factoid pop-ups. These are very irritating. Even on factor 5 they go by so fast you can't read them, not that I want to anyway as they just block the screen I'm watching, even if for a second, it's a pita.

Other than that, I love the new webcast screen. You outdid yourself on this, it's just super.

Going to be using it all wknd, will give a better feedback next week once I've run it through its paces for a few days.

Cheers
Old 04-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #25
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFan00 View Post
Fast download, great game so far.. I love everything about it.... The only thing that sucks(which is no fault of the OOTP team) is that people who have semi lower screen resolutions are kind of out of luck.. Seems like a decent amount of things are cut off... Like the edit ballpark/owner thing.the hot/who's not thing under the bullpen,etc. I just wish there was a way, those who have smaller screen resolutions can still get to everything that those who have bigger resolutions can see.
Well, we need to make the cut somewhere, and the game is optimized for a minimal resolution of 1024*768.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #26
ecd1973
Major Leagues

So far so good. Love the webcast view while playing out games. Is the spring training field / location customizable? It isn't stored in the team options, and I haven't found a spot where you can change it.

Congratulations on another OOTP release day. May there be 100 more.
ecd1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #27
SportsFan00
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, we need to make the cut somewhere, and the game is optimized for a minimal resolution of 1024*768.

I understand.. it just frustrates me(not your guys fault though) it's still a great game, plus there's a who's hot/who's not thing in the statistics menu so it's all good.

Does anyone know of a GOOD price I can get another monitor for? Been looking all over, but I hate buying new stuff because it's hard to trust if it's gonna be worth it.
SportsFan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #28
clwalcott
Minors (Triple A)

So yeah, those crashes would happen on the team summary page when I clicked pitchers, following restarting the program and entering a save game, you may want to look into that.

Webcast looks awesome.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #29
clwalcott
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah, something definitely weird happening with the photos - not showing up at all in the game screen
Old 04-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #30
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

These are just my initial impressions after downloading and going through a couple quick seasons with a test league.

Overall the download process was great, and everything looks wonderful. I really like the new loading screen, and the updated look and feel. Things seem to go faster jumping around from screen to screen.

The new playoff screen looks great. Facegen really looks nice this version as well. I like the trade log as well, and the notes to tell they were the #x prospect was a nice touch. Seeing WAR on the player's profile and in the exports is really nice!

One thing that still drives me nuts is when doing a player search or similar screens when you switch between season and career the WAR doesn't change. It would be real nice to be able to see the career WAR, which I believe is the only stat that doesn't change.

It would also be nice in batting and pitching reports to see WAR, and in the batting and pitching registers.

Overall it looks great though, well done!
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #31
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFan00 View Post
I understand.. it just frustrates me(not your guys fault though) it's still a great game, plus there's a who's hot/who's not thing in the statistics menu so it's all good.

Does anyone know of a GOOD price I can get another monitor for? Been looking all over, but I hate buying new stuff because it's hard to trust if it's gonna be worth it.
I got a 24" from NewEgg (IIRC) last year for about $200, more-or-less specifically so OOTP would look better. Absoutely worth it.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #32
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

Is the license for 2 machines like as always or for just one?
gentlemanofleisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanofleisure View Post
Is the license for 2 machines like as always or for just one?
Two, as always.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #34
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

Markus, Andreas Congratulations!! i was able to download my ootp game before going to work!!

now i dont want to go to work!! is going to be a long weekend!!
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #35
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Markus - RTS - This is A W E S O M E

B U T

PLEASE disable the factoid pop-ups. These are very irritating. Even on factor 5 they go by so fast you can't read them, not that I want to anyway as they just block the screen I'm watching, even if for a second, it's a pita.

Other than that, I love the new webcast screen. You outdid yourself on this, it's just super.

Going to be using it all wknd, will give a better feedback next week once I've run it through its paces for a few days.

Cheers
I believe that is just the game generating the new pictures, once they have gone around once, you should see that minimally
Old 04-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #36
ShermLollar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Smile

Download and startup went very smooth. Screens on my new 23 inch monitor look great. Thanks, Markus, to you and the entire crew!
ShermLollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #37
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwalcott View Post
So yeah, those crashes would happen on the team summary page when I clicked pitchers, following restarting the program and entering a save game, you may want to look into that.

Webcast looks awesome.
Please post in our bug reports thread what kind of league it is and what pitchers exactly you clicked on: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rt-thread.html
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #38
BMD
All Star Reserve

"Beep boop beep, I am a sports simulation program. Beep boop bop."

What? The man asked for impressions.

Wow, tough room. I guess I will go back to prop comedy.
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #39
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Re: Post your OOTP 14 impressions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwalcott View Post
Had a few crashes when accessing player pages (2013 MLB)...also, the mod (I know this isn't the developers responsibility but maybe some ideas) does not seem to have photos for very well known players like Rafael Betancourt
U speak of the all in on mod? If so the hi res photos was a bonus add in . Thanks to bigrod , its not 100% complete as he said he couldn't find updated pics for some players but he said he would have a update later on when he finds the missing ones , and ill add it to the all in one mod

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU

Last edited by soadeathdealer; 04-12-2013 at 12:34 PM.
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #40
Sunny D
Minors (Single A)

My first impression was that the whole presentation layer looks shiny and really inviting - couldnt wait to get it fired up and get stuck in.

I think with the new webcast screen I've found my favourite way to play out games
Sunny D is offline   Reply With Quote