Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 01-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
MitchUnworthy
Bat Boy

Retired players?

I started a game in 1963, using Spritze's High School DB.. and it shows Phil Niekro as retired. In real life, he was in the minors up through 1962, didn't play at all in 1963 due to military service, then came back in 1964, when he debuted with the Braves.

His in-game stats show major league pitching numbers from 1960-62, which I assume is just part of the early entry into pro ball with the HS database. However, since he is shown as retired now, will he come back for the 1964 season or do I have to manually put him back on the Braves? And, if it doesn't fix itself automatically, is there a way to fix all the future players who missed a season in the middle of their careers for whatever reason (injury, military service, etc.)?

Thanks!
MitchUnworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchUnworthy View Post
I started a game in 1963, using Spritze's High School DB.. and it shows Phil Niekro as retired. In real life, he was in the minors up through 1962, didn't play at all in 1963 due to military service, then came back in 1964, when he debuted with the Braves.

His in-game stats show major league pitching numbers from 1960-62, which I assume is just part of the early entry into pro ball with the HS database. However, since he is shown as retired now, will he come back for the 1964 season or do I have to manually put him back on the Braves? And, if it doesn't fix itself automatically, is there a way to fix all the future players who missed a season in the middle of their careers for whatever reason (injury, military service, etc.)?

Thanks!
When you start the game, you can choose neutralized stats and the players who missed that season but played again later in the majors will appear. Otherwise, I think you have to go through and un-retire players manually (in commish mode).
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
When you start the game, you can choose neutralized stats and the players who missed that season but played again later in the majors will appear. Otherwise, I think you have to go through and un-retire players manually (in commish mode).
Truth.