Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 05-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
M_Mata
Bat Boy

Unhappy DFA empty but game insists otherwise

Hi,

I have a problem with my DFA list. Its currently clean as a whistle, no one on it, but the game insists theres someone there with time run out and in need of assignment or release. But the DFA list is empty. This is how it happened:

Im in my fourth season of a fictional league heading the Cubs. All is fine until june 1st when I make the draft. I make perhaps 15 picks by hand before telling the computer to auto-complete. I continue playing for 10 game days. On june 11th after I finish that days game I press "Finish-Today" and the game tells me theres a player(s) in the DFA with time run out.

I go there and see that in fact 5 of my draft picks are there for some reason (usually they all go to the rookie league, but ok, maybe something was different this time). I assign all of them to my Rookier league team (I wonder as I do this why the game asks me if I "want to demote" the player. Aren't they first year drafts and supposed to be rookie leaguers?").

Now the DFA list is empty, everyone assigned and all. BUT the game insists, when I press "Finish Today", that there's still someone there and therefor I cant advance beyond June 11th.

Game settings:
Game Fictional with RL leagues and teams (all of them) and fic players.
Started year 2007
Current year 2010
Commish OFF
Minors roster limits OFF
Scouting OFF
Financials ON.
Minors roster moves and transactions: AI managers
Major rosters and moves and all decisions: ME
DL: Has three players from the Cubs
1 ML player (also in DL) has a contract under negotiation.

I dont' know if any of that helps but I guess all info is helpful.

Things I've already tried:
Game restart (duh!).
Reassigning the players up and down
Putting them back in DFA, leaving them there or getting them out again
Putting someone different in DFA, then taking him out.
Going on vacation and letting the AI handle everything while I'm away
turning Commish mode on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. The only thing I haven't tried is quitting the team as their manager and then using commish mode to get re-hired. I don't want to do that for two reasons:

A) breaks sim immersion.
b) I want to fix the problem first some other way.

Thanks!

Manrique Mata
M_Mata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
M_Mata
Bat Boy

Though I feel like an idiot for not doing it before posting the question, it made no difference. I installed the latest patch and moved myself over to version 2.0.2.53. However, I still get the same problem. The DFA list is empty but the game insists theres someone there who MUST be assigned today (June 11th) and won't let me advance the date till I do.

Someone have this happen too?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
bp_
Hall Of Famer

This is a weird one. I haven't seen it reported yet. Can you upload the .dats as outlined here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=141258

After you do that reply back here with the file name. We'll see if we can get someone to look at it.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
M_Mata
Bat Boy

ok, I've uploaded all the .dat files in my saved game folder. The zip file is called M_Mata.zip.

Thank you!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Under 'things I've already tried', I didn't see 'clear filters'. Even if you think you don't have any filters selected — even if it SAYS you don't have any filters selected — try clearing filters and checking again.

(Hey, it's worked on two other 'can't see player' problems. It's worth a shot.)
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:56 PM   #6
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
Under 'things I've already tried', I didn't see 'clear filters'. Even if you think you don't have any filters selected — even if it SAYS you don't have any filters selected — try clearing filters and checking again.

(Hey, it's worked on two other 'can't see player' problems. It's worth a shot.)
Can't hurt to try it. I didn't think filters applied to the DFA box but let us know.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:20 PM   #7
M_Mata
Bat Boy

That was a good suggestion. I had some trouble with no pitchers being displayed when I looked for possible trades and it ended up being I had a filter on.

But in this case I checked in my roster page and no filters were selected and "All players" were shown. Thinking maybe it had a filter on but wasn't showing it I made one, applied it, and then cleared. But that did not fix the problem.

Dunno if it helps but I took (and compressed) a couple of screen shots.

This is the error message I get when I hit "Finish Today":

And this is my rather empty waivers and dfa lists.

Thought maybe those would help in case there's something I'm missing or not seeing.

PS: I'm off to work now so won't be able to test any other suggestions till tonight. I'll get back to it when I come home in about 8 hours.

Last edited by M_Mata; 05-24-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #8
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Tt# 3626
Old 05-25-2007, 12:27 AM   #9
M_Mata
Bat Boy

Thanks for giving my problem a ticket number. Hopefully the problem will be found, identified and fixed at some point.

In the meantime I'm very bored and would love to continue my game. I'll copy and rename my saved game folder and leave that sitting until I hear back from you guys so I can try fixes and suggestions on that "frozen" copy. I think its necessary that we understand and find out why this happens so we can stop if from happening.

In the other copy I'll just quit the team, advance the date a couple of days, then use commish mode to recover my team. I'm 99.999% sure in that way I'll force the game to fix whatever screwup it has.

I'll let you know how that goes and if anything weird came of it.

Last edited by M_Mata; 05-25-2007 at 12:28 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-25-2007, 01:05 AM   #10
M_Mata
Bat Boy

Boy was the AI busy!

I did as I said and backed up the offending saved game and proceeded to quit the Cubs, advance the day, and pick up the cubs again with Commish mode. What did the computer do during those 24hrs of freedom? Oh boy... Here's a the transactions log for June 12th 2010, Chicago Cubs:

<table class="lpo" style="margin-bottom: 12px;" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="h1_l">Saturday, June 12th, 2010</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">LF B. Henry was placed on the 40-man roster.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">SS L. Bunch was placed on the 40-man roster.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">MR A. Domínguez was placed on the 40-man roster.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">SP R. Douglas was placed on the 40-man roster.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">CF L. Ladbrooke was placed on the 40-man roster.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">MR M. MacHowell was placed on the 40-man roster.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">C J. López was placed on the 40-man roster.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">MR J. Álvarez was placed on the 40-man roster.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">RF J. Velázquez was designated for assignment, placed on waivers and taken off the 40-man roster.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">2B T. Taniguchi was designated for assignment, placed on waivers and taken off the 40-man roster.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Recalled MR M. Richardson from Triple A Iowa.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Recalled LF T. McCain from Triple A Iowa.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Purchased the contract of CF L. Ladbrooke from Triple A Iowa.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">1B A. Feliciano was designated for assignment and placed on waivers (from active).</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Optioned 2B R. Martin to Triple A Iowa.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released C J. Sato.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released C R. Moss.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR B. Gardner.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released SP O. Sosa.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR W. Cooper.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR H. Wilhelm.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released C T. Green.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR R. Lemus.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released C J. González.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR R. Waters.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR F. Vázquez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released C T. Tolbert.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Li.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR V. Montoya.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released 1B E. Daniels.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released RF L. Sharp.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR E. Novarro.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released C R. Warren.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR B. Nance.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR A. Nava.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR S. Romero.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR R. Clifton.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Blouin.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR M. Jones.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR C. Hansen.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR A. Feliciano.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR F. Rodríguez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR M. McIntyre.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR G. González.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 3B G. Allen.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released SS K. Fan.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR J. Kudo.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released C J. Pérez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR D. Lane.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released CL C. Lee.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 1B P. Greer.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR H. Im.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 3B J. Coronado.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released C D. Black.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR B. Wells.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released C C. Nelson.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR D. Buck.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released 1B M. Watson.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR R. Lovell.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Baxter.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR R. Callahan.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR P. Bédard.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released C C. Franklin.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released 3B H. Peters.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 3B J. Butler.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Um.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released C E. Sánchez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released SS J. Rosado.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released RF R. Quiñonez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released C J. Foster.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 2B D. Decker.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released 2B Á. Olivas.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released SS C. Hall.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR L. Echevarría.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR B. Davis.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released 2B G. Wolochow.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR G. Taylor.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released C B. Daniel.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR R. Gutiérrez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR N. Laverick.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 3B R. Martin.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released SS M. Walton.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 3B P. Guzmán.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released 3B I. Armstrong.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 3B P. Payne.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released 3B A. Rodríguez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released CF L. Stephens.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released CL P. Martínez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released C S. Xú.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released SS J. Muñíz.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR C. Conley.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released SS W. Britton.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR F. Khelefu.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released RF G. Merritt.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released SS T. Griffin.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released 1B S. Alberti.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 3B M. Dukes.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR C. van den Bos.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 2B D. Watkins.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR C. Collier.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 3B M. Blevins.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released RF B. Lyons.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 1B L. Robertson.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR T. Torres.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 3B A. Ramsey.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released LF G. O'Quinn.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released LF S. McIlvaney.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released LF T. Cole.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR A. Walker.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR A. Morales.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR H. Camacho.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released LF R. Erwin.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released CL D. Johnston.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Walker.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 1B D. Cochran.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released 1B M. Santos.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 1B R. Morales.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR D. Kirby.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released LF J. Mejía.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR M. Murphy.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR T. Baker.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR A. González.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released RF B. Riley.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Ortíz.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR L. Hernández.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released 1B N. Ishida.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released LF R. Manning.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR R. Pérez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 1B L. López.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released 1B E. Dean.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 2B P. Noriega.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Tisdale.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR G. Vásquez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR D. Long.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 1B D. Walls.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR R. Best.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR L. Butler.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR R. Douglas.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR A. Aguilar.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Enríquez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR G. Howell.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR D. Johnston.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released 1B R. Escamilla.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR P. Pachelo.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR T. Mazzocchi.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR F. Oristano.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR R. Allen.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR A. Gacoki.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR B. Kuhlman.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR G. Delgado.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR L. Brown.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR F. Abbott.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR V. McDowell.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR E. Edwards.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR D. Pérez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Jones.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR I. Ramos.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Dawson.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR J. Evans.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Martínez.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR A. Bennemeer.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Harper.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR F. Rivero.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR C. Hernández.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR J. López.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR E. Fontenot.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR R. Adams.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR E. Román.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR S. Hasegawa.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR R. Willard.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR J. O'Day.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR A. Varela.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR T. MacGregor.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR J. Robinson.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR T. Kondo.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR R. Jenkins.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR R. Hernández.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR L. Schneider.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR L. Morán.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s2_l">Released MR G. McLeod.</td></tr> <tr><td class="s1_l">Released MR J. Simon.</td></tr></tbody></table>Yeah... quite a busy day. I'll explain a bit further in the next reply... this one is getting long.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:35 AM   #11
M_Mata
Bat Boy

So who are all those players?

Well the first 13 guys are a mixture of minor league players from Short A, Single A, AA and AAA teams. I don't see those moves as weird as I would expect the minor league managers to do as they please with their players (as per my settings).

Feliciano is one of my active roster guys. Rated poorly by SISA (remember I got scouts off) but he's had decent, dependable bat performance for me. Ryan Martin is similarly rated but he's a defensive sub (17/20 at 2B), and good at it. Now both are really pissed, one cause he got put on waivers and the other cause he thinks (rightly so) that he should be in the majors.

The other 100+ guys? All rookie leaguers to a man! Since I have no limit on the minors rosters my rookie league had like 200 players in it. I figured (wrongly I'm now sure) that since the minor league managers were set to handle minor league transactions that they would take care of everything, leaving me to pluck the minors clean of talent as I players progress.

Thats the reason I picked the first 15 drafts (on June 1st) and threw them all into the rookie league. They are all 1/5(or 4) star young players that I liked. I love watching them develop in the minors, I keep an eye on some as they get promoted and gain one or more stars so that when they are ready I give them some Major league experience in September and watch their numbers either soar or stay the same.

Apparently this was not to the AI's liking as it released all that pool of worthless talent (oh yeah, the AI kept the good ones. Those 200 or so are crappy 1/1 star players. However, some of them are good defensively, even with 20's in their preferred positions, and might have one day made it) Now the rookie league team has 34 players.

So the question now is: Does this information help explain why my error occurred? It doesn't seem explain why it would insist I had someone on DFA when the list was empty. But it may offer clues to better trained individuals in this forum.

This is my theory, let me know if I'm being an idiot or not: Remember I was surprised the first time I checked the DFA, that there were 5 guys whom I'd drafted on June 1st sitting there and not automatically assigned to rookie league? Well I figure this was because the AI thought there was no room in the Mesa Team (rookies), having 200 players or more in it already. This even though I have "no player limit" set for the minors. Since thats the setting, the AI allowed me to move those 5 guys into the rookie league without objecting, and in fact showed them to be moved. However, as far as the AI is concerned since theres is no "room" (again, contradicting settings) in the Mesa team those guys must have still been in DFA even though the user interface was not showing it that way.

Don't know if that sounds right to you guys (or even if it made sense at all lol). I'd love to hear your thinking on this.

Right now its off to bed.

Manrique
--------
Old 05-25-2007, 11:19 AM   #12
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Mata View Post
This is my theory, let me know if I'm being an idiot or not: Remember I was surprised the first time I checked the DFA, that there were 5 guys whom I'd drafted on June 1st sitting there and not automatically assigned to rookie league? Well I figure this was because the AI thought there was no room in the Mesa Team (rookies), having 200 players or more in it already. This even though I have "no player limit" set for the minors. Since thats the setting, the AI allowed me to move those 5 guys into the rookie league without objecting, and in fact showed them to be moved. However, as far as the AI is concerned since theres is no "room" (again, contradicting settings) in the Mesa team those guys must have still been in DFA even though the user interface was not showing it that way.
It is certainly possible that could have been the case. I'd really like it if the game set roster size limits on the minors automatically at the start of the league (of course leaving it so the user could still change it but I rather they were on instead of off at league creation). That way we could avoid these freak things where the team is overloaded with players. 200! That is insane.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:23 AM   #13
Arlie Latham
Major Leagues

I have had this exact same bug.

First off, for most of the 21 seasons of the league, draft picks were sent to the rookie affiliate. However, for the last several seasons, they started showing up in the designated for assignment list.

So, I would manually move the draft picks to the rookie league.

Then, the game would not progress as it kept insisting that my club had players DFA and the list was empty.

The only way to fix this was to resign from the team. That allowed the game to progress. Rejoining the team as GM only brought the bug back.

In an ironic twist of fate, in the previous season as the New York Knickerbockers owner, we had a man on third base with two outs in extra innings of game seven of THE SERIES. We were unable to score and lost the game. Without me as GM, NY finally won the series, capping off my six years with this team.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j303/Arlie_Latham/
Arlie Latham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #14
M_Mata
Bat Boy

Arlie is absolutely right. I've been busy at work and haven't had the chance to post the "long term results" of the workaround.

When you quit the team as their GM, the game progresses. If you check the transaction logs sometimes your old team does strange things in the roster after you leave. If you rejoin the team, say 10 days later, as their GM the bug will return eventually, usually in a short amount of game days.

I know how you feel Arlie...
Old 06-09-2007, 01:01 PM   #15
schoolquinn
Bat Boy

Have either of you EVER been able to return as GM of the original team? I have the bug and keep quitting/returning after 2 weeks or so, and the bug always returns with me. . .
schoolquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #16
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Definitely a strange problem. Do you have hidden or ghost players that may be causing this?

I saw in the OP that vacation and commissioner mode was tried. Just clarify, you get the same message? The game won't go forward? I guess what I'm trying to understand is that if you are on vacation and the AI in control why would it hang up.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #17
hanoiball
Minors (Single A)

Well I just downloaded the game a few days back, meaning with the "final patch" included, and have the identical problem. Stuck on June 11 with a "ghost" on my DFA list.

From what I gather searching these forums and this thread, there is no known fix or workaround, short of just starting a whole new game. Is this correct?

If so that's more than a little disappointing. I don't want to just start over, and even if I did I couldn't have much confidence it wouldn't happen again anyway.
hanoiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #18
Nightrain
Bat Boy

Same problem

Hey fellas

I am having the same problem with the invisible players in DFA.

I too have tried resigning from the team (Oakland, Major Leagues) and rejoining, bu the bug persists.

Iam in my 7th season as manager, and this is the first time it has happened. I have had ghost players disabled the entire game, so I am struggling to see how they could be ghost players.

Do I have to cancel the game? Start with a new team?

Maybe I will join the Giants.
Nightrain is offline   Reply With Quote