Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
BretRock
Minors (Double A)

Importing Roster Question

When I import a roster, not only are the names incorrect (which I expected given some of my search results), but the ratings of the players are all different as well. Is there a way to at least get those correct?

To be clear, I exported a roster file from one league and want to import it into a new league, can I do that and somehow keep the ratings from the players so I just have to re-name them?

Seems like that should be possible or else I can't for the life of me understand the function of importing a roster.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bret
Old 02-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
SteveP

I think that the export/import roster function is used by people mostly to edit player data more efficiently for a league in Excel or some similar program (rather than having to go into the Editor tab on a player by player basis, for example).

I am not an expert on this function, though I have used it a few times. I would think that the new league would have to be identical (including league structure, team names, organizational relationships) in order to import a team roster from a different league. But I'm not sure how any of that would impact ratings.

I guess it would be helpful to see some specifics. For example, what the data shows for a player in the exported roster in Excel, then what you are getting after importing.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Right, the game check when importing if player names and IDs match, so it needs to be the same league.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
battists
Hall Of Famer

Bret,

I believe this answers your question. However, you've pointed out that there's probably a deficiency in our documentation, so I'll make a note to clarify this in the section of the manual that deals with importing/exporting.

I'm going to go ahead and close out this issue.

Thanks very much!

Steve