Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
coolcat13673
Bat Boy

Connection Issue

My problem is this:

Starting a couple of days ago, I am unable to access the web page of the league page I am involved in, unless I use an http proxy to view it. I can view the web page on my iphone, but not if it is connected to my network and using the wifi feature.

I cant export lineup changes, as I get a Error 201: Connection Error everytime I try to export.

I cant import the new game file.

I am guessing its some kind of problem with my IP but not sure. Does anyone have any idea on this one ?
Old 12-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat13673 View Post
My problem is this:

Starting a couple of days ago, I am unable to access the web page of the league page I am involved in, unless I use an http proxy to view it. I can view the web page on my iphone, but not if it is connected to my network and using the wifi feature.

I cant export lineup changes, as I get a Error 201: Connection Error everytime I try to export.

I cant import the new game file.

I am guessing its some kind of problem with my IP but not sure. Does anyone have any idea on this one ?

From your descriptions, I would say that it sounds like your internet connection is being filtered/firewalled. It sounds similar to what you would expect in a work environment and not a home ISP though.

How did you know what http proxy to use? Was it given to you by your ISP? If so, they might have other information detailing what ports they block.

It could be possible that they are trying some unorthodox approach to trying to block viruses spread through web browsing by blocking direct web connections and in fact it has nothing to do with your OOTP issues, but that seems less likely to me.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:48 PM   #3
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

I would have to agree with Alan.
Sounds like a firewall issue to me.
Do you have the latest version (10.4.36)?
Are you able to open the App Config file and set the value for
ftp_passive_mode to 1?
(app config file found by Game=> OOTP preferences=> open config folder).
Try disabling the firewall to get an update of league file to work.

See how that works.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
coolcat13673
Bat Boy

I just used an online proxy, Roxxo to access the web page, not anything my ISP assigned.

I am in four leagues and this is the only one that I have this problem in. My luck is that its the only league I have a shot at making the playoffs in !
Old 12-15-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
I just used an online proxy, Roxxo to access the web page, not anything my ISP assigned.

I am in four leagues and this is the only one that I have this problem in. My luck is that its the only league I have a shot at making the playoffs in !

I think I misunderstood then. You don't have to use a web proxy to get to all webpages, just this league webpage? You can't connect to anything to do with this league server without going through a proxy, but you can hit normal webpages without a proxy?

What happens if you go to a command prompt and try to ping the league webpage? Do you get a ping response, does it time out or does it say that it can't resolve the name (or says something like bad name)?
Old 12-16-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
coolcat13673
Bat Boy

Its just this page.

I tried doing a ping just now and it came back ok. Another piece of the puzzle is that when I try to access the page on my Iphone, using the home wi fi network I am unable to access the page, but if I switch to 3G coverage I have no problem bringing it up at all.

Could it be something with my wireless router ?
Old 12-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #7
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Its just this page.

I tried doing a ping just now and it came back ok. Another piece of the puzzle is that when I try to access the page on my Iphone, using the home wi fi network I am unable to access the page, but if I switch to 3G coverage I have no problem bringing it up at all.

Could it be something with my wireless router ?

It could be something wrong with your wireless router, or it could be your ISP is blocking access to that page for some reason (sometimes ISPs do that if a page ends up being on lists of virus sites accidentally), or it could be something on the server blocking your IP from connecting to it, or could be something else such as your ISP giving an incorrect DNS entry for the site.

Since you are able to ping the server, you have basic network connectivity to it, but ftp and http is not working. I would probably suggest doing the following: Verify for sure what the actual IP address of the server really is from the league admin. Make sure that is the same IP address that your DNS server is telling you that the site is. If so, try powering down your router (and your cable modem to clear its arp cache) for 30 seconds or longer, and then bring the cable modem back online first, followed by the router to see if you can get a new IP address for the wireless router. Try to see if you can connect again.

If that doesn't work, you likely might have to seek help from your ISP. You could also likely try connecting your computer directly to your cable modem and bypassing the router entirely as well to verify nothing is wrong with your router for some reason, but usually routers don't just block one site only.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
fantom1979
Hall Of Famer

Coolcat13673, due to the age of this thread and the fact that it appears to be a IP issue and not an OOTP issue, I am recommending that a moderator close this thread. If you have further issues, please feel free to make a new thread in technical support and link back to this thread. Thank You

Closed Thread