Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:22 AM   #1
gdelmonico
Bat Boy

Historical League Advice

Hello All,

Just got OOTP 20 and looking for some advice.

My plan is to start a league in 1857. I want to use several league similar to real baseball in this time frame. examples would be a New York league, Boston league, Chicago League and so on. I will be using a mix of fictional players and whatever players I can dig up in this era. By the 1870's, I would like to have one major league where the best players from these leagues would combo in one team.

For the veteran historical leaguers, what issues would you foresee me running into? Is it even possible to run 8-10 minor leagues for about 12 years without having a major league?

Thanks in advance!
gdelmonico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:31 AM   #2
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelmonico View Post
Hello All,

Just got OOTP 20 and looking for some advice.

My plan is to start a league in 1857. I want to use several league similar to real baseball in this time frame. examples would be a New York league, Boston league, Chicago League and so on. I will be using a mix of fictional players and whatever players I can dig up in this era. By the 1870's, I would like to have one major league where the best players from these leagues would combo in one team.

For the veteran historical leaguers, what issues would you foresee me running into? Is it even possible to run 8-10 minor leagues for about 12 years without having a major league?

Thanks in advance!
Might depend on how accurate you want your historical league to be. Its hard enough to get data on leagues starting in 1871. Personally i dont start before 1871 and would prefer starting in1876 but i gotta have AL Spalding in my league.

I would make a plan on what you want to do. Make some test leagues.
When you have it the way you want i would advice making backups during preseason, end of the season and before the playoffs and then at the end of the year. That way you don't have to go back to far until you feel comfortable with less saves.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:36 AM   #3
gdelmonico
Bat Boy

Thanks for the feedback.

One more question (nah I'll probably have more), If I start a "minor league" in 1901 and I import a player from the team who debuted in later year, will that player still debut in that further year. (I have a historical league with draft turned on)
gdelmonico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 02:15 PM   #4
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelmonico View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

One more question (nah I'll probably have more), If I start a "minor league" in 1901 and I import a player from the team who debuted in later year, will that player still debut in that further year. (I have a historical league with draft turned on)
I havent used minor leagues that much but thats where making test leagues and backups should help.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote