Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-27-2019, 12:39 AM   #21
TheRyanLee
Bat Boy

I've been trying again and again over the past few months to get a random debut historical save to work. The draft class always ends up broken. I've been trying to start my save in 1961, but by 1963 there is no draft class. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I've verified the integrity of the files. I'm playing the Mac version through Steam. Evidently, this update hasn't fixed the random debut draft class issue for me. It's unfortunate because I love this game and really want to play out a random debut save.
TheRyanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:59 PM   #22
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRyanLee View Post
I've been trying again and again over the past few months to get a random debut historical save to work. The draft class always ends up broken. I've been trying to start my save in 1961, but by 1963 there is no draft class. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I've verified the integrity of the files. I'm playing the Mac version through Steam. Evidently, this update hasn't fixed the random debut draft class issue for me. It's unfortunate because I love this game and really want to play out a random debut save.
Can you tell me the exact setup options you're using when this happens? I just tried a 1961 random debut start and got a normal draft class in 1963.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:05 PM   #23
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochuck View Post
After using search function.. I've found 5 copies of each player.. but.. I took over
an expansion team.. and checked the FA center they don't show up under those
circumstances .. also.. is it possible to delete the extra copies of each
So 5 of every player in the game? I'm not sure how that would happen, but the safest thing to do would probably be to just retire the extra ones - there's no way to delete individual players.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:07 PM   #24
TheRyanLee
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Can you tell me the exact setup options you're using when this happens? I just tried a 1961 random debut start and got a normal draft class in 1963.
Here are my settings:
Start a Historical Game>
Select a Historical Season>
Start Year: 1961
Historical Expansion Drafts: Yes
Draft Rookies / Generate Rookies at Age 17: Yes / grayed out
Player Development: Use FHM Development and Retirement Engine
Set Initial Rosters by Draft: Yes / grayed out
Random Debut: Yes
No Career Stats: Yes
Disable League Evolution: No
Iron Curtain Rule On: No
Use End-of-Season Rosters: No
Start as Historical GM: No
Online League: No

Commissioner Mode: Yes
TheRyanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #25
JeffR
FHM Producer

Strange, I still get a 1963 draft with those settings. Could you start a game like that, advance it to the 1963 draft, and (assuming it's still empty) upload the save so we can have a look and try to figure out what's going wrong there?
Old 12-29-2019, 07:50 AM   #26
JJ Lehto
Minors (Single A)

Do trades work in historical games? I started my first game with 1979 Quebec, and I'm trying to trade a couple of decent players to AI teams that need them, in exhange of decent players I need. When I press "offer trade" the game just goes back to the home page, with no messages or anything. Funnily enough, I just tested it again, and this time I actually got a message about 1979 entry draft, which is old news!

E: Ok, scratch that. Trade replies have a delay of one day at least, and I can see them now!

Last edited by JJ Lehto; 12-29-2019 at 08:15 AM.
JJ Lehto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:38 AM   #27
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, there's normally a delay before the other team responds, although that's shortened/removed at times, e.g. when you're on a date like the trading deadline or draft day where instant responses are more realistic.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:41 PM   #28
bmgst8
Bat Boy

Just getting back after holiday break and went to download the update, but for the PC file I keep encountering the 404 Error when it looks for the new file.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
bmgst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 01:14 PM   #29
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgst8 View Post
Just getting back after holiday break and went to download the update, but for the PC file I keep encountering the 404 Error when it looks for the new file.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Still downloading normally for me. If you're still getting the 404 today, try the store download link, it's the same file: http://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.com.../fhm6setup.exe
Old 01-06-2020, 02:42 PM   #30
DarthYoda
Minors (Single A)

After downloading this file over the original setup file, are there any risk of me by mistake deleting my saved games folder?
DarthYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:52 PM   #31
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
After downloading this file over the original setup file, are there any risk of me by mistake deleting my saved games folder?
It shouldn't, but it never hurts to make a quick backup.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:41 PM   #32
bmgst8
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Still downloading normally for me. If you're still getting the 404 today, try the store download link, it's the same file: http://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.com.../fhm6setup.exe
Sorry for the delayed response...still getting the same 404 error for some reason from the link you posted and the link in the original post.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:47 PM   #33
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgst8 View Post
Sorry for the delayed response...still getting the same 404 error for some reason from the link you posted and the link in the original post.
Click Download now from here: https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/fra...-manager-home/

If that doesn't work, try in Incognito mode.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:57 PM   #34
bmgst8
Bat Boy

Still no luck, tried in regular window and in Incognito... it's very odd because I've never had an issue before downloading the install files. Appreciate the help!
Old 01-08-2020, 10:17 PM   #35
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Try a different browser then. Or check your antivirus.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:56 PM   #36
bmgst8
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Try a different browser then. Or check your antivirus.
finally able to get it... had to switch networks, but finally able to download

thank you for your help!
Old 02-01-2020, 06:06 AM   #37
bigbanan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

There`s again problem in last update with team salary budget of free agency market. It was the same problem earlier and then was improved. But now again the same story. For example, NY Rangers and Penguins have a little money (6-8 million $) for free agents. And Detroit has 30 million $ etc.

Last edited by bigbanan; 02-01-2020 at 06:10 AM.
bigbanan is offline   Reply With Quote