Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:54 PM   #21
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Not so fast. Sweed just made some great comments and IMO this is not a trivial concern so what he said made a difference to me.
Yes, he did. His comments should be the end to the conversation, period. Those that have been around FOF for sometime understand how Jim shares his developments....

...oh wait, he really doesn't. He is usually to busy and focused on working.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:04 PM   #22
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
Yes, he did. His comments should be the end to the conversation, period. Those that have been around FOF for sometime understand how Jim shares his developments....

...oh wait, he really doesn't. He is usually to busy and focused on working.
No dont know Jim. No don't know FOF.

And closed communication lines doesn't make me want to change my "not knowing".

A dev diary posting would at most take 30-60 minutes twice a month. But it would inspire a new fan base.

You seem pretty defensive and hostile. Suggesting that open communication is not working. That's a huge part of any work when their is a fan base involved.

You can have the best product ever but good open communication and advertisement and hype will increase sales further. That's just good business.

Besides OOTP being involved in a football game there is not 1 thing on this forum that would attract a new customer that has never heard of FOF.

There is literally nothing known about the game. How could nothing attract new customers?

I just happened to see oh OOTP has a football IP all let me go check out it. Oh there is zero info about it from the dev and producers. Well that sucks.

Sorry but lack of communication for a new IP at OTTP D is just bad business. Plain and simple.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:07 PM   #23
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

This seems to be a common theme in several post. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the reason there are no updates is because there is nothing to update yet. Giving the "Masses" an update that says there is nothing to update a few times a month seems futile to me.Everyone has their own preferences, for me Waiting for something meaningful in an update is much more important than insisting that we be told there is nothing new to update frequently . If someone wants to discount the Company because they feel slighted on the information side, I guess that is their privilege as a consumer.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 03-16-2019, 08:35 AM   #24
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
This seems to be a common theme in several post. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the reason there are no updates is because there is nothing to update yet. Giving the "Masses" an update that says there is nothing to update a few times a month seems futile to me.Everyone has their own preferences, for me Waiting for something meaningful in an update is much more important than insisting that we be told there is nothing new to update frequently . If someone wants to discount the Company because they feel slighted on the information side, I guess that is their privilege as a consumer.
But that's impossible. To say there's nothing to update says there's no work being done. As long as work is being done there is something to update us with. Even if it's miniscule.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #25
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmeister89 View Post
But that's impossible. To say there's nothing to update says there's no work being done. As long as work is being done there is something to update us with. Even if it's miniscule.
I have to believe that this company has been around long enough to know when something pertaining to a developing game is significant enough to warrant an update, WE WILL get an update. This post does nothing but prove my point that
Quote:
"Everyone has their own preferences"
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 03-16-2019, 03:07 PM   #26
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

jimmysthebestcop;4450698

No dont know Jim. No don't know FOF.
- Then don't judge him.

And closed communication lines doesn't make me want to change my "not knowing".
- Probably not, just keeps you asking the same question over and over.

A dev diary posting would at most take 30-60 minutes twice a month. But it would inspire a new fan base.
- As many others have noted, when there is enough to offer from their point they will. Let the work continue, if you lose interest, move on. I guarantee that once it's released you will be back.

You seem pretty defensive and hostile. Suggesting that open communication is not working. That's a huge part of any work when their is a fan base involved.
- Hostile? Not at all. Tired though of those that form judgement about things they know nothing about, either here or elsewhere in life.

You can have the best product ever but good open communication and advertisement and hype will increase sales further. That's just good business.
- Like OOTP will need any help in advertising this product once it is ready.

Besides OOTP being involved in a football game there is not 1 thing on this forum that would attract a new customer that has never heard of FOF.
- Then you have missed out. The is plenty of pre-existing FOF data which appears to be the foundation for the game. Look it up.

There is literally nothing known about the game. How could nothing attract new customers?
- same as above.

I just happened to see oh OOTP has a football IP all let me go check out it. Oh there is zero info about it from the dev and producers. Well that sucks.
- Your loss, you're not helping yourself here.

Sorry but lack of communication for a new IP at OTTP D is just bad business. Plain and simple.
- So what business plans have you published? Plain and simple, OOTP has history with product, FOF has history with product. Spend some time looking elsewhere and less complaining here and who knows what you may learn.

Last edited by nbryant; 03-16-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:52 AM   #27
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

I would prefer they would set expectations of when a new update will be posted. At my work, I can’t say “I will update you when there is something to report”. Everyone wants an actual date or timeframe. “I will update you by the end of...” (day, week, month, qtr, year). I just feel something like that would help. Just set expectations which would allow everyone to look forward to that date and hearing an update.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #28
MadScientist
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettrankin View Post
I would prefer they would set expectations of when a new update will be posted. At my work, I can’t say “I will update you when there is something to report”. Everyone wants an actual date or timeframe. “I will update you by the end of...” (day, week, month, qtr, year). I just feel something like that would help. Just set expectations which would allow everyone to look forward to that date and hearing an update.
Agreed, deadlines need to be set
Old 03-18-2019, 08:19 AM   #29
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

deleted

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 03-18-2019 at 11:09 AM.
ezlee2 is offline   Received Warning
Old 03-20-2019, 05:06 PM   #30
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

This thread is pointless since the power(s) that be seem to be saying that nothing will be said to keep customers informed until that power(s) decide it's necessary. No word since September? No problem. It seems to be a ludicrous management strategy that can only antagonize the potential customer base. But its their company and their potential customer base. So be it.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:01 AM   #31
vgorilla80
Bat Boy

I honestly don't even understand the point of this forum. With the devs refusing to divulge even the slightest bit of information, and overzealous mods closing almost every topic for presenting legitimate questions/concerns, a discussion board seems practically useless.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:26 PM   #32
TribeFan19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettrankin View Post

I couldn't agree more. I have run software companies focusing on small to medium sized businesses for almost 30 years. If I had "serviced" my customers like this, I would have been out-of-business in about 6 months.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:40 AM   #33
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan19 View Post
I couldn't agree more. I have run software companies focusing on small to medium sized businesses for almost 30 years. If I had "serviced" my customers like this, I would have been out-of-business in about 6 months.
Comparing a game to business software is apples to oranges.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:53 PM   #34
TribeFan19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Comparing a game to business software is apples to oranges.

I was not comparing different software products, but making a comment about customer service. Customer service, last time I checked, is universal, whether you are selling software or used cars.

Of course, now you will complain I am comparing software to used cars, which is analogous to watermelons to raisins.

Last edited by TribeFan19; 03-23-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:24 PM   #35
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgorilla80 View Post
I honestly don't even understand the point of this forum. With the devs refusing to divulge even the slightest bit of information, and overzealous mods closing almost every topic for presenting legitimate questions/concerns, a discussion board seems practically useless.
I don't know about the 'overzealous Mods' but I do wonder why I keep visiting this forum since we don't have a clue as to what year or quarter we might actually see an update let alone a game.

Maybe they should just shut the forum down until there is some real news to talk about.

Keeping it open is like Chinese water torture at this point though I'll probably still visit it while it's open. It's kind of masochistic though now I guess.

Last edited by james17; 03-24-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:13 AM   #36
Spiff
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Communication or not, I don't care because I am one of those who will buy the game on the date of release.

Having said that, I understand the point that you need to hype your games upfront. At the end of the day, the company wants to sell as many games as possible and the earlier you can reach potential customers the better it is for the sales numbers. Can't back it up with facts and figures but I'm pretty sure about that.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #37
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Without updates it looks like vapor ware. I mean the initial estimate of release will already be 1 year behind schedule if it comes out this fall.

And I don't think anyone actually cares when it will be released only that it will be released when ready.

Yet I purchase around 25+ games each year and my follow another 100 on steam routinely while they follow their development course. And the vast majority have some kind of routine updates to the public. Either monthly or every other monthly or sometimes even 2 per month.

Maybe if its a AAA game with so much pre hype they can get away without updating the public fan base. But for an Indy game. Its basically unheard of.

Even games in Alpha phase routinely have steam pages so the community can start discussing matters but those devs are releasing updates. I get OOTP has its own forum but asking for something like 15-25 sentences with 1 or 2 screenshots when they are available once a month until release is far far far from unreasonable.

And if the Dev's think it is unreasonable they probably need to adjust their way of thinking. All these different PC store fronts, social media, crowd sourcing its a different age. And in this gaming age the fan base deserves communications.

No one is coming close to asking for a release date. I do think asking for that is unreasonable. But regular updates to the public??? That should be a no brainer.

Like others have said there is now ZERO reason to even check out this sub forum so I guess I won't even be back here until the next official word comes out whenever that may be.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:05 AM   #38
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

You had an update some months ago and you all jumped to the neck about not having MP coded yet...

So now we have to wait longer, no big deal for me as I keep enjoying FOF8, but I totally see the point of not giving more hints, as the feedback hasn't be constructive at all.

But haters gonna hate no matter what.

Props for Jim + OOTP Developments team! Make for us the best football SIM game ever whenever!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #39
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

It won't be alphaware. It will release when they are ready. FOF has never been known for providing tons of updates. It's not saying it's right or wrong, that's just the pattern.

Last edited by dave1927p; 03-27-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:04 PM   #40
clwalcott
Minors (Triple A)

The thing I'm always surprised never gets mentioned in these threads is that they announced a football game previously and then had to cancel. I understand the partner they were working with had severe health problems and I think even died. That's exceptional and obviously very sad but the point is, we all trusted a process, without updates, and no game. This must have been like five years ago...five years people have been waiting, there's really no excuse or reason that is going to be acceptable under the circumstances to people.

As many have said, can do what they want, but I'm definitely on the side of this is pretty lame...how am I to know if the project has even been abandoned at this point? If they have nothing to update after six months, I see that as almost synonymous with abandonment.

Not good enough.