Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Timing of draft pool reveal and end of feeder season

In the off-season between year 1 and year 2, I just added a new JUCO feeder league to one of my worlds and now I can't remember what happens at the end of the feeder league season with regard to the release of the draft pool.

Should the draft pool come out before or after the end of the feeder league season? Or does it matter? I have a belief that the timing does matter, but that may be a false belief.

FWIW, in my current set-up, my HS feeder ends around May 5 and my college feeder ends around May 15 and I have the draft pool set for reveal on May 10, so I am no help to myself. The first season first-year draft seemed to work correctly, but I had feeders+others to make the pool and now I have feeders only, hence my concern.

Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated.
JohnHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

I'm pretty sure that you need to have your draft pool reveal date *BEFORE* the end of the feeder league season, or else graduating players from the feeder leagues will vanish.
OmahaReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #3
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Thanks, Omaha. I will take my "I think so" and your "pretty sure" and call it true.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:40 PM   #4
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaReynolds View Post
I'm pretty sure that you need to have your draft pool reveal date *BEFORE* the end of the feeder league season, or else graduating players from the feeder leagues will vanish.
I am not 100% sure but I don't believe this to be true. I don't believe the players will disappear. The reveal date is just the date that the list of players is published.

If I get a few minutes I will give it a test.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #5
byzeil
All Star Starter

I set up a test league with a draft date of July 1st and draft pool reveal date of 5 days before draft. The feeder league schedule started March 1st and ran 50 games. So the Feeder league schedule was done a long time before the draft pool reveal date. I short listed all the players in the feeder league.

What happened was that at the end of the Feeder League season the players that would be going into the draft were released by their Feeder League teams. They didn't show up in the FA pool because they aren't free agents. It looked like they vanished because they were no longer on a team and not in the FA pool but you can see them if you go to the game menu set the 'league' to the feeder league and 'List all players' in your feeder league. They are there.

Come the date of the 'Draft Pool Reveal' all those players show up in the draft pool.

So in essence they 'vanished' but only because they were no longer on rosters or in the FA pool but they are still there.

So I don't believe there is any correlation or dependency between the draft pool reveal date and the feeder league schedule.

Last edited by byzeil; 01-24-2014 at 12:12 AM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:29 AM   #6
le receveur
All Star Starter

the main difference is they show up in the draft pool, as FA so not wearing any uniform... if you have Feeder league team uniform you want to see it will be upsetting... except for that it works almost the same...
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #7
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the confirmation, Byzeil. I feel confident in my set-up now.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #8
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

I always use off season draft and often have many months in between season end and draft day and never had any problems. that Im aware of anyway
Old 10-28-2018, 02:00 AM   #9
annies-b00bs
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaReynolds View Post
This comment saved me hours of pulling my hair out. I have 'independent' feeder league, so indy league that feed into my majors, and could never figure out why college players were being released at the end of the season and never making it to the pro draft.

Thank you!!
annies-b00bs is offline   Reply With Quote