Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #21
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Duncan Keith just retired due a cut ear. That might be a bit excessive
Old 03-08-2013, 04:25 AM   #22
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sebastian's found and (hopefully) fixed the cut ear problem. We're going to have a look and see what that does to the overall number of days lost to injury before making any further changes to injury levels.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #23
azhockeynut
Minors (Rookie Ball)

More on Injuries

It is related to injuries but not entirely.
When I have a player go down for a couple of days, why, if I have teh AI set the organization, does the AI always put them on IR. Just scratch tehm and dress someone else. It is not a huge deal, except if someone is on the injury list the AI does not seem to be able to remove them from said list when they can be removed. So there is a lot of manual intervention.
Great game though!!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #24
psychojoe1014
Bat Boy

It seems like there are an awful lot of guys getting injured in practice. I know it happens from time to time but it seems like the majority of injuries are coming from practice, not games. I would think it should be the other way around.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #25
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I find that the injuries from practice isn't too bad but that might just be the seasons that I have played. The ones from practice are usually short. I'm not finding the injuries too bad in this latest build
Old 03-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #26
Mr. Pickles
Bat Boy

I tend to agree that the injuries from practice seem to be a bit too high relative to the in game ones. In fact the majority of the injuries on my team seem to occur in practice.

In terms of the length of time lost due to injuries occurring in practice, I haven't really been keeping track but there seems to be quite a range. In simming seven or eight full seasons so far I've had players lost for as little as two days to as much as eleven months.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #27
umwoz
Minors (Single A)

Injuries in general seem a little high, I average about 4 injuries to my starting lineup at any given time.

I should clarify that I'm referring to long term injuries(2 weeks or more), I think part of the issue may be that there are no "playable injuries" in which they may have reduced ability but can still play(minor cuts, contusions, etc. . .)

Last edited by umwoz; 03-20-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #28
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

You're probably feeling like the Ottawa Senators...guys dropping like hot cakes.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #29
sabin6912
Bat Boy

Not sure if this is entirely relevant or known about... One of my players was injured during the game and as the game didn't stop or anything I presumed nothing had happened, only realised when I happened to check the line-ups.

Second and main issue was that any lines which he was on had effectively 'gone'. He was a 3rd line D-man and instead of playing another guy on his line I was just playing with 2 D-lines. I'm not 100% sure if that's the way it should be or not but figured it was worth flagging up.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #30
Oren Djoos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
I tend to agree that the injuries from practice seem to be a bit too high relative to the in game ones. In fact the majority of the injuries on my team seem to occur in practice.

In terms of the length of time lost due to injuries occurring in practice, I haven't really been keeping track but there seems to be quite a range. In simming seven or eight full seasons so far I've had players lost for as little as two days to as much as eleven months.
5 months later and this is still the case - Clarke MacArthur out 10 months with UCL tear during practice... just before the season starts but after signing a 3-year extension. Lots of 3-4 week injuries around the league before the season starts.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:08 AM   #31
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Well what is too much injuries ?

I think to have a good view of the situation you have to sim an entire season and check how many players on each team roster have played fully 82 games. In the real NHL only a handful of players can do that at each team of course.

Repeat that season-simming step 5 - 10 times and check the outcome.

I would like to test it as soon as the next update is available with more stable rosters.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #32
Hob
Bat Boy

Hello. My goalie got injured during a game. After this I did some line changes (While the G2 spot was empty, but I didnt notice it yet) and when I tried to continue the game I got a message that I have empty spots in my lineup (the g2 spot). I tried to put both of my goalies to the G2 roster spot, but it just didnt work, it stayed empty. I had no choice, but to execute the program.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #33
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

That bug is in the game for a very long time right now, but it will be fixed soon I guess.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #34
Hob
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombeen View Post
That bug is in the game for a very long time right now, but it will be fixed soon I guess.
Okay, thanks for the reply!