Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-12-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
SeanBerry
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Better Historical/Modern Expansion Options

OOTP is great. It does fall short in one area however.

If you want to start an expansion team, it's not great. Baseball Mogul (which doesn't hold a candle to OOTP) even has a better historical Expansion start-up.

Having to sim all of 1961 just to start with the 1962 Mets (for example) is frustrating and even then, you are stuck with a bunch of coaches you may not want. It would be really great to be able to start at the Expansion Draft for the historical expansion teams.

I'm also not a huge fan of the Expansion options in modern play. It's nice you can do it before the season starts but I feel the entire process can be improved upon. It doesn't meet the high, very high. insanely high(!!!) standards of the rest of OOTP.

I love the idea of starting a team from scratch and I imagine other people playing a baseball simulator like this would as well? How cool would it be to have the game start right when the team was announced? So you'd have a couple years to get the right people in place?

I don't know. Just some ways to improve the game I love.

Thanks guys!
SeanBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
nebben
Minors (Double A)

Totally agree. I love starting with an expansion franchise in a historic sim, but it's frustrating to have most of the personnel in place. It would be nice to have at least a season before a new franchise begins play.
nebben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:29 AM   #3
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Can't disagree... I don't understand why we can't start a game at the end of the playoff to take the control of an expension team right from the start.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:47 PM   #4
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanBerry View Post
OOTP is great. It does fall short in one area however.

If you want to start an expansion team, it's not great. Baseball Mogul (which doesn't hold a candle to OOTP) even has a better historical Expansion start-up.

Having to sim all of 1961 just to start with the 1962 Mets (for example) is frustrating and even then, you are stuck with a bunch of coaches you may not want. It would be really great to be able to start at the Expansion Draft for the historical expansion teams.

I'm also not a huge fan of the Expansion options in modern play. It's nice you can do it before the season starts but I feel the entire process can be improved upon. It doesn't meet the high, very high. insanely high(!!!) standards of the rest of OOTP.

I love the idea of starting a team from scratch and I imagine other people playing a baseball simulator like this would as well? How cool would it be to have the game start right when the team was announced? So you'd have a couple years to get the right people in place?

I don't know. Just some ways to improve the game I love.

Thanks guys!
Being able to combine historical expansion with custom expansion is high on my list.
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 02:52 AM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I'm bothered by having new fictional coaches automatically with the new teams and in some cases entire leagues. i have over 2700 coaches in a universe with 4 ML's. MLB with all their minors, EBl with th 3 levels of minors, IBL & UBL with just AAA. I like having all the former players as coches but now i have 32 teams worth of fictional coaches added to my league.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #6
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

The automatic creation of fictional coaches is the reason why I don't use them in my historical simulations...

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:42 PM   #7
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

I agree with this. Most notably, to help expansion teams stock up on players, I would like to the option to participate in the draft the year before the inaugural season. Also, the expansion franchises would have one or two low-level minor league teams for these draftees to play on. The most recent real-life 90's expansions were set up in this way, though the 60's and 70's expansions had everything start in year one like in OOTP.

Last edited by Hoiles; 01-05-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote