Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager Mods

Old 11-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
bullschuck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Dat file format

So I'm trying to make heads or tails of the iOOTP players.dat file. I've tried the TexEdit app and a hexeditor I had laying around. No dice. Anyone have any experience in how these files are structured? Would it be similar to how the Mac/PC .dat files? Not that I have any experience in how to look at or manipulate those files.
bullschuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
bullschuck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

mySQL?

taptaptap. Is this thing on?

Last edited by bullschuck; 11-09-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure about iOOTP but the .dat files on PC are near impossible to edit or manipulate. I believe only Markus and maybe a couple others are able to figure them out.

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
bullschuck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by molarmite View Post
I'm not sure about iOOTP but the .dat files on PC are near impossible to edit or manipulate. I believe only Markus and maybe a couple others are able to figure them out.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can understand the data with a binary editor, it's just the equivalent of a table in a db. I just need to understand the schema. How many bits for the 1st field, how many for the second. I've pulled up several files in a hex editor and one of them had valid info showing up in the text portion. The bits just happened to line up correctly. Once I understand the bit length for each field and the number of fields per row, then all I have to do is try to figure out what each column is for.

Last edited by bullschuck; 11-14-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:15 AM   #5
clarkson451
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullschuck View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can understand the data with a binary editor, it's just the equivalent of a table in a db. I just need to understand the schema. How many bits for the 1st field, how many for the second. I've pulled up several files in a hex editor and one of them had valid info showing up in the text portion. The bits just happened to line up correctly. Once I understand the bit length for each field and the number of fields per row, then all I have to do is try to figure out what each column is for.
I would very much like to see the abilities to both import export teams and also spit out a data file in .tsv or .csv . Giving the abilities to turn a single player mobile game into an online multiplayer game would be as huge as ootp baseball. I have a prototype aplication I have been developing for a certan other baseball game I have 2 itterations of this app none of which have been released yet due to inconsistent data namely the headers in the output. Stop naming batting and pitching columns the same!!!!
clarkson451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #6
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Good luck with the editor. I would be interested for sure.
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:09 AM   #7
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

So, did anything happen with this?
thespungo is offline   Reply With Quote