Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 08-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #1
Smetana
All Star Starter

Entire team sent to minors...

Did a quick search and did not see this issue reported. I installed the newest update and started a new game. Acting as commissioner, I took control of the Penguins. After browsing the rosters for a bit, I resigned as Pittsburgh's GM and autoplayed to the end of the season.

Pens started strong, then went on a late tailspin and finished 14th in the east. Hmm, interesting. At the end of the season, I saw that the AI had sent the entire roster (except Crosby and Malkin) to Wilkes-Barre and had signed a bunch of scrubs to take their place on the big team. No wonder they finished so low.

Has this issue been noted before?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Oren Djoos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Pittsburgh's GM has always been stupid - in the last update they would immediately put Martin & Neal on the trade list and dump them for peanuts.

Now they seem to have no contract limit and just sign every garbage player around, sending all of their good player to the AHL in the process. Funny thing is that many of them pass through waivers unclaimed.

I don't really understand how such a severe regression gets through a version update.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

This is in my game too with the penguins. I think it has to do with going over the cap. With the Habs, I sign morrow, click setup organization and the ai puts half my team on waivers, incl key players such as subban, pacioretty, etc. I'm not exactly sure how total cap hits are calculated, the roster page says $69 mil but hut the salary obligations page says $56mil.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
gaia88
Bat Boy

Getting this too

I noticed the same thing. It most noticeably happened with the Penguins, but it also happened with the team I was controlling (the Lightning). Good players kept getting sent down. I would also suspect that it has something to do with the salary cap.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
gaia88
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Djoos View Post
I don't really understand how such a severe regression gets through a version update.
My thoughts exactly. I'm waiting for the next version at this point before playing any further.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
helmespc
Bat Boy

I got around this problem by bumping the salary cap up to 80M.... seems to be doing a lot better...
Old 08-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmespc View Post
I got around this problem by bumping the salary cap up to 80M.... seems to be doing a lot better...
Good catch............................Z