Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #41
BKarchitect
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure if this is a bug or not...

I've been editing player ratings (I use the 1-100 scale)...so let's say I edit Player A's individual ratings. His overall rating will come out to say "66". I will quit the game, go back to that league and look Player A up and his overall ratings is magically different...say 62 or 68 or something. His individual contact/power/eye stays as I edited but the overall is different. This is without simming any days. Thoughts?
BKarchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #42
derekjeter92
Minors (Double A)

when viewing past champions, the team name does not show up, only the roster. I play on iPad mini
derekjeter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #43
TFJO
Bat Boy

I had a game where my starting pitcher had a game score of 42 before he had pitched at all (he was due up in the bottom half). Is this a bug?
TFJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #44
phillupi
All Star Reserve

42 must be where they start. No pitches thrown yet.

phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:30 AM   #45
TFJO
Bat Boy

Huh. I thought Game Scores started at 50. As long as it's consistent I suppose.
TFJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #46
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

I've found a couple players in my active player list that are not on teams but that I can't sign. They say free agent but are not in the free agent pool. When I click on the action button for them, it gives a pop up with their name and nothing else.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:06 PM   #47
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
I've found a couple players in my active player list that are not on teams but that I can't sign. They say free agent but are not in the free agent pool. When I click on the action button for them, it gives a pop up with their name and nothing else.
This normally means that they are about to be part of the draft at the end of May - they'll all be 17-21 right.
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #48
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Dog 13 View Post
This normally means that they are about to be part of the draft at the end of May - they'll all be 17-21 right.

When do they show up in the Active list? I've never seen them but might be looking at the wrong time.
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:40 PM   #49
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

That is possible. I didn't notice at the time, but I can check again if I ever get back to that point. I'm assuming they don't show up until partway through the season.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #50
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillupi View Post
When do they show up in the Active list? I've never seen them but might be looking at the wrong time.
I believe they begin showing up after you get the initial email about the top prospects for the upcoming draft.
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #51
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate9485 View Post
I believe they begin showing up after you get the initial email about the top prospects for the upcoming draft.
Yep that sounds right - early May maybe

Btw this is nothing new - it's been like this for years
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:51 PM   #52
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Dog 13 View Post
Yes, this appears to be the case. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #53
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
Yes, this appears to be the case. Thanks!

This is by design so you can look at the draft pool before the draft date. It works better in OOTP, as there is a seperate screen for the Draft Pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #54
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

I do find it odd that international players are included in the draft, they never appear as free agents in the future. Also there is something funky with the rating system overall. One place I've noticed it is with pitchers. If a starter has fewer than 50 stamina points, he will be ranked as a 20. But if he has 50 stamina, he can be an 80. Quite a jump. I suppose if he doesn't have enough he should be a reliever, but can stamina be improved? If not, why not?
Old 04-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #55
Edster007
All Star Starter

Not really a bug but an error. The Brewers just offered me a trade in 1976. I went to discuss trade to add a player and I came across an OF named Bill Sharp who was listed as 60 yrs old, born in 1916. I looked him up on baseball reference an edited him to be born in 1950.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:00 AM   #56
danielb
Minors (Triple A)

Help

I hate the up and down scrolling! Very aggravating! But I just came across a BIG bug. I am playing a Major League game..Pooled all the players and did a draft...Played 3 games...Won the first 2 and lost the 3rd...When I picked up my ipad to play my 4th game, the 3rd game was still there and actually had a prompt to continue the 3rd game which freaked me out cause I finished the 3rd game...I pressed the pitch button, and it walked the batter and automatcally finished the game a second time and now I have a 2-2 record in the standings when I have only played 3 games...all my player stats show 3 games as well but the standings show I have played 4 games...Would like to reset everything and start over after the draft but I don't know how to do that...Any suggestions?
danielb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #57
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Minor error: in arbitration emails, it reads: "You've been informed...that *player name* HE has been awarded *money amount* through arbitration." There should be no "he" following the player's name.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote