Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Update on iOOTP 2012

First off, it is sad to see that a moderator has to close threads in this forum. It is past midnight here in Germany and I'm about to shut down my computer after a long work day and it is not good for motivation to see this.

It is Ok to be angry about Apple (believe me, I'm more frustrated then anyone else) but please, do not start fights with other users. We have a great community here, please keep it a great place to hang out.

With that said, still no new news from Apple about 1.0.1.

It is a little hard for me to continue work on the game until Apple decides to release the update but I made a lot of designs for the first bigger update and next week I will start to code them.

This year we will not make 2 big updates but instead release smaller updates with new features and bug fixes all season long (maybe around 1 update every month).

I will post more about the first update next Monday, but will be around over the weekend to keep you updated about Apple.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

Thanks, Palli. Well said. Keep up the good fight with Apple. With about 100 seasons to play, I'll keep occupied with them while you work with the reviewers.
Husky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

Still "Waiting In Review"?
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

Looking forward to hearing more about the updates you "snuck" into the next update.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

Is this "in review" yet?
Old 04-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Apologies in advance Palli but here we go again ...
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

Excuse me, the man said himself he was going to be on the forums this weekend and would update us. If you have a problem with it, don't read the thread.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I'm around but nothing I can report as the Status is still "Waiting for Review".

I can't even write the reviewer anymore, no person I can ask for clarification. It's something I have to get used to that Apple can do whatever they want to do, nothing we small developer can do.

Last edited by Sebastian Palkowski; 04-29-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #9
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

Hang in there Palli.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Total Coelo, enough with the harsh words and asking multiple times each day for an update. When the all-mighty Apple decides to take up their review it is painfully obvious that Sebastian will be on here within seconds to let you all know.

Asking repeatedly will not help.

Everyone understands that you are frustrated. No one can do a thing about it unfortunately. All that you are doing is ensuring that no one here will ever want to talk with you or assist you in any way when this is all mercifully over. Relax, ease off and no one will remember in time.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #11
revcarte
Major Leagues

In defense of Apple...

I guess the theme of the week is "Bashing Apple" and I agree that this reviewer erred in his decision but I would just point out that Apple has many hundreds of thousands of Apps for both the iPad and iPhone and scores of new submissions every day are accompanied by updates that are submitted each day. While I work for Apple, I admittedly have nothing to do with the review process. In fact, I am far down the "totem pole" when it comes to importance. But as an iPhone and iPad user I do appreciate the fact that Apple screens each and every submission carefully. Otherwise the App store would be filled with unethical programs that could potentially rip people off or even cause harm to hardware. I feel badly that an over zealous reviewer abused his authority in this case but believe that the vast majority of reviewers work hard and do a good job in protecting the customer. And that is their goal... protecting the customer.
Also, concerning the way Apple treats the publishers.... when many App designers were publicly sued recently over patent infringement rights, Apple went to court to petition the court to join the victims and at their own expense are fighting for the small programmers who stand to lose everything if they lose this case. That impresses me.

Last edited by revcarte; 04-29-2012 at 07:42 PM.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
Alex DeLargest
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
Total Coelo, enough with the harsh words and asking multiple times each day for an update. When the all-mighty Apple decides to take up their review it is painfully obvious that Sebastian will be on here within seconds to let you all know.

Everyone understands that you are frustrated. No one can do a thing about it unfortunately. All that you are doing is ensuring that no one here will ever want to talk with you or assist you in any way when this is all mercifully over. Relax, ease off and no one will remember in time.
Thank you! I was tiring of the "everybody keep it civil" mod posts in previous threads when it was readily apparent that everyone except for Total Coelo WAS being civil.
Alex DeLargest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:20 AM   #13
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

THE UPDATE IS OUT!!!

So everybody can calm down again !!!
Old 04-30-2012, 04:11 AM   #14
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Yes!

I'm happy that it is through now but to be honest, I did not change anything with the second try (as their was nothing to repair) and this time it works (as it should be the first time) so Apple basically just hold the update back for 10 days.

Don't get me wrong: I love the possibilities Apple gives us with the iPhone/iPod/iPad but the process to submit Apps/Updates could need some work.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:45 AM   #15
iowahawkeyedave
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post

Agree completely. Some people have no patience. The developer has been in constant contact with us in this forum keeping us updated. Seriously reminds me of a kid on a trip asking "Are we there yet?" every 5 minutes.

It really does make it hard to be civil. Patience is a virtue.

Thank you for the update and keeping us posted on what's been going on.

Last edited by iowahawkeyedave; 04-30-2012 at 05:46 AM.
iowahawkeyedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #16
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
... but to be honest, I did not change anything with the second try (as their was nothing to repair) and this time it works....

Shhhh Palli .... you're spoiling the mystery

It's like a magician advising how they did a trick
Old 04-30-2012, 06:00 AM   #17
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

When will update 1.1 will come out????
No, sorry... just kiddin... *grin*!!!!!

Started a new league this morning to get the roster update working :-)!
Thanks again!

To everybody who uses logos: Keep in mind that after the update the logos must be integrated again!
I will make an updated 2012 quickstart to get the roster update together with the logos in one download pack see this thread -> http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3312521). But need time until back home.
Perhaps anyone will be faster... :-)

Last edited by Hellenstone; 04-30-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Hellenstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
Raz Algool
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Palli - so now that the update problem is resolved, and you have all this new time on your hands, any comments about the unresolved logo color problem?

ANY answer is fine. "I have no idea why it happens, so we can't fix it" - that's fine. "Learn to live with it" - that's fine too. But since I'm not the only person who's noticed this bug, throw us a bone, 'K?
Raz Algool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #19
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Dog 13 View Post
Shhhh Palli .... you're spoiling the mystery

It's like a magician advising how they did a trick
they're illusions, not tricks

tricks are what whores do for money

#gob #arresteddevelopment

Last edited by Go Tribe; 04-30-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Cor blimey guvnor
Apples and pears