Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #301
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

that third quarter really blew the raptors' chances. also shoutout to quinn cook drilling back to back threes after the Raps' cut the lead down with a couple threes to ensure the game would be close again until really late

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:37 AM   #302
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Looney has fractured first costal cartilage and will be out the rest of the Finals and will miss a good bit of offseason workouts.
When he fell they said bruised chest and I thought it was more of a shoulder injury.
Maybe there was an existing injury and the hard fall made it worse and caused an full on fracture.
Tough blow for that kid.
He is also a RFA this summer I believe.

Thompson is listed as questionable for Wednesday night. I think he plays unless he suffers a setback but I wonder how much he will be limited.
On offense his shot is obviously his best weapon but his off ball movement is by far his most valuable tool to get those looks and break down the opposing defense.
When we was feigned screens and then slipping out of them he was unstoppable and was even hitting contested shots.
Had he not been injured he I think would have scored 35+ And put the game away earlier. He was there best player on Sunday and is there best perimeter defender.

Leonard is dealing with a knee injury and at times looks like he is playing on one leg (and is still a wrecking ball on both ends)
The Raptors training staff has their work cut out for them as well.

And finally the question of whether or not Durant will return.
At the time of the injury I thought it was a partial or full tear and not a sprain or pull.
And the Warriors are being cagey about his injury and status.

This makes Cousins even more valuable going forward.
As we saw in game 3, when you have to guard Curry alone he can be stopped and their offense comes to a halt.
Toronto simply could not hit a basket and thus we have a tied series.

This Finals is turning into a war of attrition and training and medical staffs.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:49 AM   #303
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
One last thing.
While I don’t hate this broadcast crew, in fact I like JVG and Breen and can handle Jackson.
I wish ESPN/ABC would elevate Doris Burke to the lead group.
Probably dropping Jackson to the second team.

When she is on the second team doing broadcasts she is so damn good and works her ass off with her research and her breadth of knowledge about the game is fantastic.
Having her work the sidelines in the finals is a huge misuse of her talents.

Also can we give Hubie Brown one last finals before he leaves us forever?
The man is 85 and will be 86 before next season.
He has more basketball knowledge than most people alive and unlike most his age or even younger appreciates the modern game and can comment intelligently on where the game is now rather than bringing up the ‘good old days’
The man is a basketball treasure and we may not have too many years left of him gracing us with his dignity and wisdom. We have already gotten far more out of him than any of us deserve.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:24 AM   #304
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

I find it annoying whenever Mike Breen expresses disbelief that a team is shooting badly but still in the game, eg. “The Warriors are shooting 28% from the field but only trail by six!”

As if there aren’t other elements that contribute to it...

kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #305
darkhorse
Hall Of Famer

If Klay's effectiveness is limited by injury, Golden State may see more than just 5 minutes of box-and-one defense from the Raptors. I've no idea what's going to happen in game 3 with so many walking wounded. I read that the Warriors have overhauled their medical staff after 3 of the previous 4 seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue with that trend after so many injuries this season.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:15 PM   #306
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
One last thing.
While I don’t hate this broadcast crew, in fact I like JVG and Breen and can handle Jackson.
Probably dropping Jackson to the second team.

When she is on the second team doing broadcasts she is so damn good and works her ass off with her research and her breadth of knowledge about the game is fantastic.

He has more basketball knowledge than most people alive and unlike most his age or even younger appreciates the modern game and can comment intelligently on where the game is now rather than bringing up the ‘good old days’
The man is a basketball treasure and we may not have too many years left of him gracing us with his dignity and wisdom. We have already gotten far more out of him than any of us deserve.
I agree completely.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:39 PM   #307
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Warriors players called the box and one 'janky' i have to laugh

seems like Klay is walking and should be good to go for game 3

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #308
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Klay is pushing to play, but the Warriors want him to sit. Ongoing right now. I think Klay would play through any injury and I 'd hate to see him get hurt further.

With Durant, Looney and Klay out I can't see how the Warriors win this one.

Hopefully the rich yuppy playoff crowd at the Oracle actually make some noise instead of being quiet and sipping wine coolers with their pinkies out.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:31 PM   #309
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One last thing.
I can't stand JVG & Jackson. To me, it seems like they are always going out of their way trying to make some brilliant point, when in reality they are either stating the obvious, or just saying something stupid.

Quote:
Probably dropping Jackson to the second team....
Agree. She's great.

Quote:
Totally agree!
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:23 PM   #310
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

lol @ KD being this games player spotlight

Old 06-05-2019, 10:31 PM   #311
darkhorse
Hall Of Famer

Raptors up 8 at halftime but still playing unimpressively enough to lose.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #312
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Dray and Steph have heart. They are playing like they are defending the Alamo.

As a Tar Heel fan, loved the Green come from behind block on Cook.

This game looked a lot like game 1. Raptors kept the lead and made big shots whenever the Dubs got close.

Warriors needed Cousins to come up with a game like he did in game 2. It was a miracle in itself that he played like he did Sunday. Livingston was a disappointment. And Draymond's effectiveness was reduced when he had Jerebko & McKinnine to toss too instead of Klay & Durant.

Curious Toronto didn't play Powell that much. Raptors have cut themselves down to a 7 man rotation. Lowery has got to acknowledge sometimes the other man gets the advantage. He is so competitive he bumbles into unnecessary fouls. But terrific balance from Toronto. Their starting 5 all showing up was too much despite a heroic performance from Steph.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:13 PM   #313
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

I think the raps can take 2 of the next 4 if KD doesn't come back

Old 06-06-2019, 02:21 PM   #314
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
I think the raps can take 2 of the next 4 if KD doesn't come back
Even if KD comes back the question is, can he get back in the groove quickly enough? If it takes him a game to get it back, would the Warriors have the games left?
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:46 PM   #315
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

KD is out for Game 4 and now they are saying Looney might be able to return this series.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:36 PM   #316
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

I still won't count the Warriors out, even though I would love to see the Raptors win it all. Great teams and great players can find a way to win. The absence of KD, Looney and maybe Klay will give others a chance to step up.

My Cavaliers took the series to six games in 2015, without Love and without Kyrie.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:13 PM   #317
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

only 2 people making shots all game. SAD!

Old 06-07-2019, 11:44 PM   #318
darkhorse
Hall Of Famer

This series looks to be over in 5. Thompson comes back and the Warriors get held to 92 points as everyone but Steph and Klay got shut the f*ck down. Cousins was useless for the 2nd game in a row. It would be a minor miracle if KD was available for the next game. Not a great series for the Raptors, but they've taken care of business, for the most part, against a dynasty that was already slipping and has been further diminished by injury woes.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:11 PM   #319
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

VanVleet bleeding out on the court is the thing i'll remember from this finals. he's going to be in line for a nice extension next year

Old 06-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #320
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
only 2 people making shots all game. SAD!
That's the thing. By bro texted me and asked "Do you still think GS doesn't need KD to win?" And I said no. Durant's injury has nothing to do w/Iggy, Cook and the rest missing wide open 3's. Or Boogie turning the ball over. The team that has gotten better than expected scoring from unexpected sources has won each time. Game 1: Siakim. Game 2: Cousins/Cook. Game 3: Gasol. Game 4: Ibaka.

Raptors have had players step up to add to Kahwi's greatness. Dubs have seen that once. The supporting cast needs to do just that; support.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote