Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #41
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

If you are good in your first season chances are that you are good in your second season as well.

The question is: how much money can you spend in comparison to the other teams. How many good player did you get from the start. Maybe you choose the New York Yankees of your universe.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #42
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post

(As a total newbie to OOTP, I just wanted to say that, based on my experience so far with iOOTP, I will definitely be buying OOTP14 for my pc when it comes out next week!)

For all of the people who compalined about iOOTP taking away from the PC version of OOTP.
This is the reason iOOTP was developed!

Welcome aboard. I am always delighted when the $5 version attracts people to buy the PC version.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #43
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
For all of the people who compalined about iOOTP taking away from the PC version of OOTP.
This is the reason iOOTP was developed!

Welcome aboard. I am always delighted when the $5 version attracts people to buy the PC version.

I think maybe you should consider re-naming the game:

iOOTP 13: Baseball Simulator Gateway Drug

Seriously, this is the effect it has had on me. I bought iOOTP, quickly got hooked, but was also a little dissatisfied with some elements. So I downloaded the OOTP demo, and...MAN - WHAT A GAME! April 15 cannot come quickly enough. (I'd pre-order but have guests in town this weekend, so won't be able to get to it before the 15th anyway...plus, File Tax Returns weekend, yippee).

Going from iOOTP to 'real' OOTP is kind of like going straight from grammar school to graduate school. Steep learning curve! But I am just completely blown away by all the things OOTP lets you do. iOOTP is fun and I'm sure I'll continue to play it, especially when traveling -- but having 'seen the light' of OOTP proper, it's pretty much impossible to go back.

So, if iOOTP was a clever ploy to lure newcomers into 'real' OOTP, well, in my case at least, you've succeeded brilliantly!
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #44
JoseB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Automatic Major/Minor League player swap

When I want to bring a player up to the majors but the roster is full, it would be nice to have an option to just switch him with another player, instead of having to manually demote someone and then bring the new guy up.

Instead of "25-man roster is full" we could get an options to "select a player to switch" and that would automatically send them to the minors.

This would also help immensely with the disabled list.
JoseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #45
majesty95
All Star Starter

iOOTP Baseball 2013 Feedback

My bigger issue has been a ton of injuries to my starting players.

I started in 1988 and had a few but nothing astonishing. In 1989 I lost Andre Dawson for 4-5 months, Rafael Palmeiro for 4-5 months, Orel Hershiser for 6 months, Jeff Russell for 3-4 months and Mark Davis for 6-7 months. In 1990 I lost Dawson twice for 3+ months each time, Griffey, Jr for 3 months, Vance Law for 3 months, Shawon Dunston for 2 months, Omar Vizquel for 2 months, and Ryne Sandberg for 4-5 months. At one point I had six started on the DL.

I certainly don't want to turn off injuries but they seem to be a little too frequent and a little too serious. I'd like to see fewer 3-6 months and more 7-21 days. Since there is not a option to tune it, I'm left not wanting to play at all because of the injuries.

My only other issue is I started out buying 1989-1990 seasons. Before 89 was over I bought 91-92 but when I got to the end of 90 and the draft I had fictional players. I didn't know I needed to buy 10-15 seasons up front just to get real draft classes throughout my game

Last edited by majesty95; 04-12-2013 at 02:59 AM.
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #46
tc66tc
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
My bigger issue has been a Tom of injuries to my starting players.

I started in 1988 and had a few but nothing astonishing. In 1989 I lost Andre Dawson for 4-5 months, Rafael Palmeiro for 4-5 months, Orel Hershiser for 6 months, Jeff Russell for 3-4 months and Mark Davis for 6-7 months. In 1990 I lost Dawson twice for 3+ months each time, Griffey, Jr for 3 months, Vance Law for 3 months, Shawon Dunston for 2 months, Omar Vizquel for 2 months, and Ryne Sandberg for 4-5 months. At one point I had six started on the DL.

I certainly don't want to turn off injuries but they seem to be a little too frequent and a little too serious. I'd like to see fewer 3-6 months and more 7-21 days. Since there is not a option to tune it, I'm left not wanting to play at all because of the injuries.

My only other issue is I started out buying 1989-1990 seasons. Before 89 was over I bought 91-92 but when I got to the end of 90 and the draft I had fictional players. I didnt know I needed to buy 10-15 seasons up front just to get real draft classes throughout my game

Check out the mod section. I did a injury mod a couple years ago that does exactly what you want.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...njury-mod.html

Last edited by tc66tc; 04-10-2013 at 12:05 AM.
tc66tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:53 AM   #47
majesty95
All Star Starter

Ok. I may try it. I'm ok with mods on my PC but not as familiar with iPhone. This is still something I'd hope they would address in an update. Kind of disturbing this has been an issue for multiple years...
Old 04-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #48
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

The only complaint I have so far is the stupid grey background when you sort the active player list by potential. It makes it a pain in the A to see if a guy has 5 or 4 1/2 stars potential.

The best part about the game is the stability. Seems much more stable this year, although that might be due to the iPhone 5 that I play on now.
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #49
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicspeedo View Post
The only complaint I have so far is the stupid grey background when you sort the active player list by potential. It makes it a pain in the A to see if a guy has 5 or 4 1/2 stars potential.

The best part about the game is the stability. Seems much more stable this year, although that might be due to the iPhone 5 that I play on now.
Yeah I know right
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #50
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

For the injuries: That is something we get a lot. Funny is, we don't even use the MLB average injury setting in iOOTP but instead a lower average value.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:58 AM   #51
majesty95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
For the injuries: That is something we get a lot. Funny is, we don't even use the MLB average injury setting in iOOTP but instead a lower average value.
Wouldn't that indicate some sort of issue in the programming? Obviously the game is calculating the injuries at a higher rate than it is programmed to sooo...

FWIW, wasn't this an issue in OOTP X or 11 (which iOOTP resembles a lot)?
Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #52
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

Some years you get slammed by injuries, some years you have none. It's just the way it goes. I just lost my entire starting outfield and half of my pitching staff in the 2173 season in my current league. Then the next season, I lost one MR for 2 weeks all year. **** happens.
Spharv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #53
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Templer, I'm no baseball genius either, but my teams are so successful that I am convinced the game is in effect set on "easy" -- and I like it this way. When I want struggle and failure, I try to train the cat.

It is also true that the AI makes some bizarre blunders, like not pinch-hitting for an exhausted and ineffectual pitcher in the bottom of the eighth when behind by a run. This is not a complaint about the coding, as I am in awe that the developers have created such a wonderfully complex and convincing game.

Long-time followers of major league baseball can probably name a few real managers who are not as smart as the AI in this game.

So if the AI makes a few serious blunders, some of which we cannot see, even an inexperienced human's game decisions probably work rather well. You and I are surely not as rigid as an algorithm at moments of decision.
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #54
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
To be honest, I never tried it but I'm pretty sure you get real rookies as the game has no clue that you transfered your save.
I got the email about the draft pool and it looks like you still continue with fictional players (I did purchase the bundle and have all seasons) Kind of bummed was hoping to get real players back in the game.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote