Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #41
darrylj897
Bat Boy

Cannot load saved games

I'm using a 2nd generation Ipod Touch, version 4.2.1, not jailbroken and no Cydia apps. Game plays perfectly. However, much like the discussions above, I cannot load a game or continue a game. I always get the database error screen, which does not allow me to cancel or continue. Saved games appear properly, but system does not allow me to load these. Therefore I must start league play from scratch. Thanks for looking into this matter.
darrylj897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #42
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylj897 View Post
I'm using a 2nd generation Ipod Touch, version 4.2.1, not jailbroken and no Cydia apps. Game plays perfectly. However, much like the discussions above, I cannot load a game or continue a game. I always get the database error screen, which does not allow me to cancel or continue. Saved games appear properly, but system does not allow me to load these. Therefore I must start league play from scratch. Thanks for looking into this matter.
When you quit iOOTP by pressing the home button, give it a some time before you launch iOOTP or a different app again, it needs time to properly save the game.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #43
joe23419
Bat Boy

Hey thanks for the help, Markus
joe23419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #44
darrylj897
Bat Boy

Still kaput

Following the advice offered here, I played six games of a fictional team and turned off game at 10:30 A.M (EST). I opened no other application, until 12:51 p.m. (EST) when I checked a news app, and then opened OOPT. Continue Game and Load Game did not work. Again I received the error message. Any other options to try?
darrylj897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #45
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

We already worked on a fix today and right now I test on my iPhone 3G.

The fix will have the following changes:

1. We added a manual save function, so you can save the game before you close it (or anytime you want).

2. We removed the dialog about the corrupted database, which forced you to close the app.

3. Save Games should not get corrupted anymore. It is a "feature" by Apple to kill an application after the App is closed even if the app is still saving data. To avoid the corrupted database the game will only be saved when it gets the chance to finish.

4. We added a Autosave feature for older devices (which are mostly effected as they have no multitask feature). The game will automaticlay save after each week.

With this changes it should be possible to play iOOTP much better on older devices.

The timeline is:

Finish coding and in-house testing today. Then give our beta test team the change to test the fixes. Then, hopefully tomorrow, submit to Apple.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #46
JustinB123
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post

1. We added a manual save function, so you can save the game before you close it (or anytime you want).

2. We removed the dialog about the corrupted database, which forced you to close the app.

3. Save Games should not get corrupted anymore. It is a "feature" by Apple to kill an application after the App is closed even if the app is still saving data. To avoid the corrupted database the game will only be saved when it gets the chance to finish.

4. We added a Autosave feature for older devices (which are mostly effected as they have no multitask feature). The game will automaticlay save after each week.

With this changes it should be possible to play iOOTP much better on older devices.

The timeline is:

Finish coding and in-house testing today. Then give our beta test team the change to test the fixes. Then, hopefully tomorrow, submit to Apple.
Sounds great, thank you for putting so much effort into fixing this issue.

Can't wait to get the update, great game, keep up the good work!
JustinB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #47
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

Great work palli.
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #48
jeffcthomefan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post

The timeline is:

It's a beautiful thing when Devs actually listen and give a damn.
jeffcthomefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #49
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Ok I just now am getting the error on my second attempted league and all I did yesterday was play out the first two games of the season as kind of a double header if you will (I like playing a game a day,more realistic) and then finished game 2 and finished the day then went back to the main menu screen and closed the app and now tonight is the first time I opened it again (had to work today)
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #50
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
Ok I just now am getting the error on my second attempted league and all I did yesterday was play out the first two games of the season as kind of a double header if you will (I like playing a game a day,more realistic) and then finished game 2 and finished the day then went back to the main menu screen and closed the app and now tonight is the first time I opened it again (had to work today)
Please see this post: Update Info

I guess you have a old device (iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 2. Generation), right?

Apple has a "feature" that kills an Application after it gets closed, even if it still saves data. On our supported devices the game will not close but go into the background (Multitask) so the error is not very common. But on the old devices there is no Multitask, the app closes and we get the error much more often.

Read the link I posted, we try hard to improve the situation for user with old devices.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #51
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

This is good news. I Dont know much about how app store submissions work but if there is any way to tag it so apple knows it's a urgent update with a urgent fix I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate that.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #52
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
This is good news. I Dont know much about how app store submissions work but if there is any way to tag it so apple knows it's a urgent update with a urgent fix I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate that.
Just to make it easier for us to find all possible bugs: could you give us your device information:

1. your device (e.g. iPod Touch 3. Generation with 16GB)
2. your iOS (e.g. 4.2.1)
3. Is your device jailbroken?

We try to find similarities between the error reports so you would help us a lot.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #53
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

My device type is a older 8GB which I assume is a 2nd gen device.
I am running version 4.2.1
I am not jailbroken.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #54
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
My device type is a older 8GB which I assume is a 2nd gen device.
I am running version 4.2.1
I am not jailbroken.
Thank you! iOS 4.2.1 indicates a 2. Generation iPod, 4.2.1 was the last version that got support for the 2G from Apple.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #55
revcarte
Major Leagues

same prob on iphone 4

my son has the same problem with iphone 4. he is pretty fed up with iootp right now after starting 3 leagues and having them all corrupted.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #56
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

This is correct apple has since abandoned these devices. I hope this helps you. Also to note that despite this error the game runs great on 2nd gen devices. I have experienced no other problems other than this corrupt database error.