Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2021, 05:05 PM   #21
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
These are great. I noticed that a lot of the 80’s players had overly orange faces.
Thanks Silvam14. I think they are all from the early 80s Sometimes I think my facegens are too orange... sometimes I come back a day later and it looks too pink. I drive myself crazy going back and forth sometimes trying to perfect it but at least I know many have at least the free version of facegen to tweak it - esp. given the fact individual resolution and monitor settings can cause issues.

Or did you mean the Complete Universe Facegen Pack had a chronic orange problem in the early 80s? I thought you meant the ones I posted above but just reread the post and now I'm not sure. If it's mine, let me know and I'll try to lean pinker.
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 05:07 PM   #22
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
Thanks Silvam14. I think they are all from the early 80s Sometimes I think my facegens are too orange... sometimes I come back a day later and it looks too pink. I drive myself crazy going back and forth sometimes trying to perfect it but at least I know many have at least the free version of facegen to tweak it - esp. given the fact individual resolution and monitor settings can cause issues.

Or did you mean the Complete Universe Facegen Pack had a chronic orange problem in the early 80s? I thought you meant the ones I posted above but just reread the post and now I'm not sure. If it's mine, let me know and I'll try to lean pinker.

No, no. Not yours. Yours are perfect. I mean the ones I had from the pack. I tried to fix a good chunk but you seem to have the restoration process perfected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2021, 06:07 PM   #23
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Alan Knicely

In skimming through the early 80's, Alan Knicely looked like a challenge. Used the same starting photo but drained it of some of the orange/red before redoing the facegen. Smoothed out the rest. He looks a bit pale but it's all relative...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg knicel001ala.fg (24.3 KB, 314 views)
Old 09-06-2021, 06:55 PM   #24
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Aurelio López

From the Detroit "Bless You Boys" Tigers era, here is relief pitcher, Aurelio López that I did some time back...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg lopez-002aur.fg (8.5 KB, 307 views)
Old 09-06-2021, 07:22 PM   #25
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Sid Monge

1979 All-Star Sid Monge of the then-Cleveland Indians. Looks like I used the same Topps photo (Angels) for the picture but mine picked up less yellow.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg monge-001isi.fg (14.5 KB, 316 views)
Old 09-06-2021, 07:59 PM   #26
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Elias Sosa

Elias Sosa, reliever for the Expos among others. Sometimes ballcap shadows and side-illuminated faces bother me more than others. This one I seemingly decided was fine as I replaced the CU copy of his facegen at some point. Not much I can do to moderate the orange that is in this one
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg sosa--001eli.fg (107.9 KB, 317 views)
Old 09-06-2021, 09:32 PM   #27
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Joba Chamberlain

Saw that Joba Chamberlain didn't have a facegen in the CU pack. Here's the one I've been using. A face photo and another to give proportions of the head to body to check it isn't too wide.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg chambe001job.fg (57.8 KB, 316 views)
Old 09-06-2021, 10:14 PM   #28
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Rance Mulliniks

Rance Mulliniks also didn't have a facegen in the most recent CU pack so offering up mine.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg mullin002ste.fg (20.9 KB, 311 views)
Old 09-06-2021, 10:15 PM   #29
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Are you sure they don’t have a facegen? Or are they there with the incorrect file name?

Old 09-06-2021, 11:10 PM   #30
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

I thought of that too... but to me, it's six of one, half dozen another. If the file is not using the historic naming convention, the onus is currently on each individual downloader to find the misnamed file and change it. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to find the old naming convention file, check it, and consider it. Like so many that just download the pack, the version of the game I installed it on as has no facegen appearing in-game. That to me is equivalent to "none" and, given I have a facegen (and am happy to share it) that is labeled properly and I like, that's where I stop worrying about that file/ballplayer and move on to the next.

For every one I am posting here and on the main CU thread, I'm also moving it to the side and putting it in a separate folder on my desktop. That's how the process and time sharing is valuable to me too - it forces me to look at every facegen in my collection, evaluate it and tweak it before posting it and to do any that are missing. It is also valuable in that, in the end, that far, far away end, I'll have left behind all the dead files and duplicate files (same file different naming convention).

As of now, between the other thread and here, I've done/reviewed 433 files or 1.95% of the total MLB players (from 1875-2020). Admittedly the review only takes my satisfaction with it in to account before I tuck it away into my side folder... but that's something.

I'll worry about chronicling my minors, *** and others later...
Old 09-06-2021, 11:14 PM   #31
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Andy McGaffigan

Andy McGaffigan looks like he's part of the early 80s orange party. At times he had the mustache, at times he didn't, but I went for his Expos' self which had one...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg mcgaff001and.fg (11.5 KB, 311 views)
Old 09-06-2021, 11:23 PM   #32
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought of that too... but to me, it's six of one, half dozen another. If the file is not using the historic naming convention, the onus is currently on each individual downloader to find the misnamed file and change it. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to find the old naming convention file, check it, and consider it. Like so many that just download the pack, the version of the game I installed it on as has no facegen appearing in-game. That to me is equivalent to "none" and, given I have a facegen (and am happy to share it) that is labeled properly and I like, that's where I stop worrying about that file/ballplayer and move on to the next.

For every one I am posting here and on the main CU thread, I'm also moving it to the side and putting it in a separate folder on my desktop. That's how the process and time sharing is valuable to me too - it forces me to look at every facegen in my collection, evaluate it and tweak it before posting it and to do any that are missing. It is also valuable in that, in the end, that far, far away end, I'll have left behind all the dead files and duplicate files (same file different naming convention).

As of now, between the other thread and here, I've done/reviewed 433 files or 1.95% of the total MLB players (from 1875-2020). Admittedly the review only takes my satisfaction with it in to account before I tuck it away into my side folder... but that's something.

I'll worry about chronicling my minors, *** and others later...
A fantastic achievement bud. Personally, having the checklist now allows / forces me to tighten my own process in this regard. Now every new FG gets checked off and the ID checked and amended where needed. With as many saves as I do going on it's essential to do this if I want the correct FGs to be showing up.

Thanks for all your work - past, present and future.

G
luckymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:43 PM   #33
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Hanley Ramírez

Here's another one that didn't come through on my install of the CU Facepack (missing or misnamed) but I did find another copy of in some of my misc. files. That's the one on the left. To improve it, I tried making one of a young Hanley - but, man, he looked like a kid. Instead, I used a Hanley picture before Boston but just after the Marlins and that's the Dodgers' one.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg ramire001han.fg (19.2 KB, 324 views)
Old 09-08-2021, 05:07 PM   #34
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Dan Uggla

Staying with the Marlins, I had also done a Dan Uggla of my own last year...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg uggla-001dan.fg (52.0 KB, 317 views)
Old 09-08-2021, 05:19 PM   #35
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Joba and Hanley Ramirez are very likely the result of an issue that popped up with the last actual game update that OOTP put out. Several hundred official OOTP-made facegens were deleted from the game files. This unfortunately also deleted them from my folder for the CU pack. I have them in a previous zip folder, and am waiting for Lucas to get back to me about a list of what was removed so I can add them back. (Funnily enough I wound up making a new Hanley Ramirez facegen today as well from about the same time frame).
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:22 PM   #36
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
Joba and Hanley Ramirez are very likely the result of an issue that popped up with the last actual game update that OOTP put out. Several hundred official OOTP-made facegens were deleted from the game files. This unfortunately also deleted them from my folder for the CU pack. I have them in a previous zip folder, and am waiting for Lucas to get back to me about a list of what was removed so I can add them back. (Funnily enough I wound up making a new Hanley Ramirez facegen today as well from about the same time frame).

It is a bit irritating that updates just overwrite whatever is in your game folder. I just made a habit of backing things up regularly even though it’s a pain because it takes forever

Old 09-08-2021, 05:35 PM   #37
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Jeff Russell

For Texas reliever Jeff Russell, it looks like I used the CU Facepack fg file and just adjusted the coloring to drain some of the yellow that was in the original source file. I also narrowed the face ever so slightly. Incremental changes perhaps but still...

Sorry for the Hanley duplication! I'm just randomly selecting players that I've done in the past. I defer to placement in the CU pack to you. Your project - I'm just along for the ride and, being a perfectionist and completist, trying to add to the collective effort.

Part of my checklist is to not just have that separate pack of "my" files that I can overwrite atop updates with but also to QA/QC each file and so ensure that whatever I'm saving atop of, I'll be happy with the ones I'm adding.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg russel001jef.fg (8.1 KB, 299 views)
Old 09-08-2021, 05:41 PM   #38
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
On the other hand, rather than send thousands of files to FancySkunk for him to sort and consider for inclusion, this will be a place where he can compare his master pack's facegens to mine and either ignore them or incorporate them as he sees fit. I'm fine either way. I'm just trying to make that work easy for him.
Honestly, the work you do is so good, it's going to be a rare case where I prefer something I already have to what you're making. A lot of the files in the pack are old - just shy of 39% of the files were made in 2015 or 2014. A lot of that work simply has not been checked in a long while.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:48 PM   #39
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, FancySkunk. I appreciate the kind words. Helps keep me doing it. It's more fun knowing that they'll hang around in a thread in case anyone ever wants them than it is doing them in isolation without the feedback. Wish I'd started even earlier making these. I find it relaxing in the evening. But I guess it's like that saying about the best time to plant a tree. The best time was 20 years ago - the second best time is today. So here we are cleaning up the pack.

Of course, once we finish and are 100% satisfied - that will be the day Markus signs a deal with MLB:The Show to use their full animation for the single games and facegens will be yesterday's tech :P
Old 09-08-2021, 05:55 PM   #40
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Of course, once we finish and are 100% satisfied - that will be the day Markus signs a deal with MLB:The Show to use their full animation for the single games and facegens will be yesterday's tech :P
That's the neat part about finishing a project like this: You don't.

There's always more guys coming into the baseball universe. If we ever get all the MLB historical guys done, there's still career minor leaguers, draft classes, international players, etc. It's a hobby with endless potential.