Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2013, 01:34 AM   #81
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk2014 View Post
Just so everyone knows I am in 2 month of hockey and the fighting is more reqlistic with the settings and tactics that I posted. So far 6 fights on my NHL team and 5 fights for my AHL team. My penalties are set for 19 a game. Much better progress I hope the developers can tweak it more when the patch is finally released. So far I am pleased with the game settings. Just a little more tweaking, more misconducts and kaybe have more 1-2 fights for one person a game.
And how do your powerplay statistics look like?
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #82
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
My powerplay is good. I usually a game have 4-5 chances on powerplay. The minutes are exactly what I want out of my forwards. I change up my minute allocation every period almost depending on what the situation is like. My record is 11-3-1 so far with Columbus. This home advatage issue I have never witnessed so far in all the patches. I have a winning record on the road.
Risk2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #83
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk2014 View Post
My powerplay is good. I usually a game have 4-5 chances on powerplay. The minutes are exactly what I want out of my forwards. I change up my minute allocation every period almost depending on what the situation is like. My record is 11-3-1 so far with Columbus. This home advatage issue I have never witnessed so far in all the patches. I have a winning record on the road.
I did not mean how good YOUR powerplay is, but the total numbers in the league I brought that point up once already... They are going to be ridiculous with a penalty setting of 19. I ran a test: Every team scored twice as many powerplay goals than the best team in the real 2011/12 season (the last 82 game season). Most teams scored way more than 100 power play goals (up to 150). Only the ridiculously out of line 2005-06 season can compare to that, when the league called the most penalties in decades and five teams had more than 100 power play goals. Short: Your numbers are out of whack.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #84
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Patch 1.3.13

*sigh*
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #85
Smetana
All Star Starter

I worked extensively with the new patch last night, and was very encouraged. I spent about an hour or so doing some quick player attribute editing (nothing in depth yet), with several different ideas to test. One of those ideas was in trying to make the fighting numbers more realistic.

Something we've been missing. We've neglected the sportmanship attribute. Lowering this number to five or less has a dramatic effect on a player's willingness to fight. I edited last season's top 30 fighters, lowered sportsmanship, made sure that the other appropriate attributes were where they should be.

My simulations didn't go badly at all. In fact, the number of fighting majors were only off of real life (used 2011-12 season to have an 82-game season for comparison) numbers by about 3%, and that variance is fine by me.

I apologize that I'm at work and can't post screenies, I'm going by memory. The top five PIM leaders were in the 200-250 range. The right number of guys were over 100 PIM. Fight leaders were about 20 fights or so, with a good-looking top 20 fighters. All the right culprits (mostly--still some anamolies I'm trying to figure out, such as why Zenon Konopka refuses to drop them no matter what!) on the leaderboard, with the proper amounts of icetime (5 mins a game, up to 10 or so in some cases). Orr, Boll, McLaren, Parros, Crombeen, Dorsett, Prust, Thorburn, etc.

I'll do some more work this evening and post what I find.

EDIT: Forgot to post that my testing was done with default penalty settings. Total league power plays were right on the money.

Last edited by Smetana; 10-15-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #86
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
I worked extensively with the new patch last night, and was very encouraged. I spent about an hour or so doing some quick player attribute editing (nothing in depth yet), with several different ideas to test. One of those ideas was in trying to make the fighting numbers more realistic.

Something we've been missing. We've neglected the sportmanship attribute. Lowering this number to five or less has a dramatic effect on a player's willingness to fight. I edited last season's top 30 fighters, lowered sportsmanship, made sure that the other appropriate attributes were where they should be.

My simulations didn't go badly at all. In fact, the number of fighting majors were only off of real life (used 2011-12 season to have an 82-game season for comparison) numbers by about 3%, and that variance is fine by me.

I apologize that I'm at work and can't post screenies, I'm going by memory. The top five PIM leaders were in the 200-250 range. The right number of guys were over 100 PIM. Fight leaders were about 20 fights or so, with a good-looking top 20 fighters. All the right culprits (mostly--still some anamolies I'm trying to figure out, such as why Zenon Konopka refuses to drop them no matter what!) on the leaderboard, with the proper amounts of icetime (5 mins a game, up to 10 or so in some cases). Orr, Boll, McLaren, Parros, Crombeen, Dorsett, Prust, Thorburn, etc.

I'll do some more work this evening and post what I find.

EDIT: Forgot to post that my testing was done with default penalty settings. Total league power plays were right on the money.
I've noticed an increase in fighting with the sportsmanship attribute set lower as well. It's a real bummer the quickstart saves arn't working properly because it's such a pain in the rear end to modify so many players and not save the work to revert to it agian creating new games to expierement with.
Great catch though Smetana! I'll try and save some sceenshots myself with the stat's and upload them for curious folks like myself
Old 10-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #87
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

It took me a few days to sim through a few seasons and I've came up with some facts. I learned that the top fighters and penalty minute leaders were coming off the third line. I did edit the likes of Brian McGrattan and Brandon Bollig enough to have the Flames and Hawks keep them on the thrid line and McGrattan had around 20 fights and 162 pims. The game is having trouble matching the Enforcers together and letting them fight each other rather than Dan Boyle and Joe Thornton fighting the heavy's of the league.

I also think the game needs to shell out more misconducts to the Enforcers to tally this up more considering 200 pims is still lower than it should be. Mabey the team FHM producers can reflect the additional misconducts off the sportsmanship attribute so random fights between the power forwards or gritty guys don't always have them being ejected or collecting more penalty minutes then they actually should. The Toronto Maple Leafs did play Frazer McLaren all year but they kept sending Orr down to the Marlies so I gave up in that perspective. Konopka was nowhere to be seen lol.

The game is becoming more and more closer but they really do still need some help on that end of things. I edited a handful of players and even though the attributes were that of strictly a "GOON" on some of the players, they still didn't fight the other teams tough guy by any means. It was always so randomized it made my head spin in circles lol. I played as the San Jose Sharks and brought in Eric Boulton from the Islanders to help my fourth line to be more scrappy and he seemed to randomly fight anyone besides the other heavyweight. Same goes for the rest of the league, it was very rare for them to find each other in the game.

It's alot better then it was before the patches I must say that but it is still a little ways off no doubt.

Last edited by BlackIce; 10-16-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #88
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Name:  Fights1.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  272.0 KB

F = Fights during the season
FW = Fights Won

Last edited by BlackIce; 10-16-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #89
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Name:  PIM1.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  289.9 KB

Penalty minute leaders.

My game was set on the "Default" settings, my next test within the few days will be conducted with penalties set significantly higher.

Last edited by BlackIce; 10-16-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:18 AM   #90
madball
Minors (Single A)

I did edit a couple of the teams so that their enforcer was rated high enough to get dressed and it's working a bit better. Carcillo (9), Clifford (12), Orr (9), Burrows & Methot are top-5 PIMs. Same top three + Boll (6), Brouwer (6) are top 5 FM's.
Getting better in this regard.

Downie (3), Shaw (0), Lucic (3), McGrattan (5) & Rinaldo (3) are my top pim getters (yes I have a few face-punchers in my team). FMs are in brackets. 39GP's in first season, the above four are the only FM-getters though.

So while the fighters are starting to be the right guys (and generally picking similar opponents) my team is a little low (Gratts, Rinaldo, Shaw and Rinaldo should have a couple more - however Clifford, Carcillo and Orr are at a reasonable level)
I've got aggression turned up on the third and fourth lines too. I'm getting happier.
madball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #91
zergforums
Bat Boy

Players should be able to fight 3 times if there coach tells them to and 2 times also, lets make the fighting system more realistic allowing coaches to tell there enforcers what to do.
zergforums is offline   Reply With Quote