Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
storm427
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
New to Mode, a Few Questions

Hi I am going through my first week Iron level, having fun monitoring my team and knocking down some challenges. I have a few questions that I haven’t been easily able to find answers to (I will spare you SEVERAL that I think I have answered myself).

-I assume Live cards were subject to real life performance ratings changes during the season but not anymore?
-I read that some cards can learn new positions. Could someone elaborate? I know how it works in regular ootp, I mean PT specifics like, Live cards only?
-Is there some way to reset ALL your auction house filters at once? Somewhat annoying. As an aside, its too bad you can’t filter for a least a few attributes (stuff>x, etc)

Love the mode, it has snapped me out of golf season ended blues
storm427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:20 AM   #2
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm427 View Post
Hi I am going through my first week Iron level, having fun monitoring my team and knocking down some challenges. I have a few questions that I haven’t been easily able to find answers to (I will spare you SEVERAL that I think I have answered myself).

-I assume Live cards were subject to real life performance ratings changes during the season but not anymore?
-I read that some cards can learn new positions. Could someone elaborate? I know how it works in regular ootp, I mean PT specifics like, Live cards only?
-Is there some way to reset ALL your auction house filters at once? Somewhat annoying. As an aside, its too bad you can’t filter for a least a few attributes (stuff>x, etc)

Love the mode, it has snapped me out of golf season ended blues
1. Correct. 2019 Live cards started with ratings based on preseason ZIPS projections, and then their ratings changed every week according to their real-life statistical performance. You might notice 2019 Live cards have an arrow and a plus/minus number by the overall rating. This shows how much their overall rating increased/decreased over the course of the season. All card ratings are now permanently set because there are no more statistics being generated this season. Next year’s PT 3.0 (a new game with a new competitive universe and new cards) will have new 2020 Live cards that will work the same way.

2. Learning new positions works exactly like regular OOTP. The cards have fixed fielding skill ratings (Arm, Error, Range, ...), and the cards come with default position ratings based on default experience ratings at each position. But cards can gain experience at other positions, and therefore gain ratings at new positions, simply by playing there. Some cards can turn out to be even more valuable when fully trained at a new position than they were at their original position. This is not unique to 2019 Live cards.

3. I’m not the one to ask about auction house-fu, but I do not know of a way to reset all filters (except that they reset after restarting the game).

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:23 AM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

1. Yes, live cards went up and down (the + or - next to their overall is how much they changed from the start of the season). They're locked in place now.
2. "Training" happens the same as the regular game - play a guy at a position, and his experience will grow. The main differences:
-Players do not train during tournaments. Also, any training from regular leagues does not apply to tournaments.
-Any training in the entry pool gets reset at the end of the week
-Players do not change any of the "component" attributes. So if a guy has a 56 infield arm, that value is fixed and does not change. So if a guy has no infield ratings, then he'll never be able to learn the infield.
3. No, other than exiting and restarting the game. We'll keep in mind suggestions for the future to make the auction house more friendly.

Hope you enjoy
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:03 AM   #4
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

So, position training does stick from Iron League through Perfect League but only at entry level they reset? Just want to be sure as I am also in Iron League.

Good Questions Storm427

Pine Tar

Iron .170 --- Cranbrook Crusaders --- W52, L26, 1st Place overall.

Last edited by Pine Tar; 11-28-2019 at 01:06 AM. Reason: added stats
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:15 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Tar View Post
So, position training does stick from Iron League through Perfect League but only at entry level they reset? Just want to be sure as I am also in Iron League.

Good Questions Storm427

Pine Tar

Iron .170 --- Cranbrook Crusaders --- W52, L26, 1st Place overall.
Yes, correct. It will also carry over if you purchase someone through the auction house (although the auction house listing does not show if they do have pre-training elsewhere)
Old 11-28-2019, 08:17 AM   #6
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

With respect to position training, this is an incredibly helpful tool that allows you to enter the players fielding ratings and quickly learn what their maximum rating is at each position.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...khc/edit#gid=0

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:53 PM   #7
storm427
Minors (Single A)

One more:

Do you earn PPs from a particular achievement only once or every time it happens?
Like, if you got an award for hitting a 2 run homer on a 2-2 count with 2 outs in the second inning, only the first time it happened or each time?
Old 12-02-2019, 09:06 PM   #8
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm427 View Post
One more:

Do you earn PPs from a particular achievement only once or every time it happens?
Like, if you got an award for hitting a 2 run homer on a 2-2 count with 2 outs in the second inning, only the first time it happened or each time?
Every time.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:14 AM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Every time.
A few achievements are only earned once - the "First XXX" ones obviously, and the "end a losing streak" you only get once per season for each tier.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:16 PM   #10
storm427
Minors (Single A)

Another:

Is there any way (currently) to see playoff results for my league tomorrow? I know the devs were publishing them for a while, so I fear no.

I’m predicting not wanting to log in when I get home from the neighborhood holiday party later.