Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:26 PM   #1
Woofywolf
Bat Boy

Constantly installing every launch

To put it short, OOTP 19 keeps installing game files (face gen, in game text, etc.) EVERY time I start the game. Plays fine when it’s done, but it’s 15 minutes of ridiculous waiting.

I found someone else with this unsolved problem on this sub forum. Their problem was with OOTP 18 and they barely got one reply that didn’t solve it. I checked my hard drive, which is barely from 2018 by the way, and it’s health is fine. I also uninstalled and reinstalled completely and it still does this...

I love this game but I don’t even want to play it anymore because of the waiting.
Woofywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Alex Murray
Major Leagues

Hey WoofyWolf,

Yeah, that's not supposed to be happening. From what you've described it sounds like the game can't verify the integrity of the Database folders in the C drive location and is constantly in a state of installing itself. Kinda like steam has an update each and every time you start the game. If you'd like I'd love to have you submit a ticket for me and Lukas to run over. That would allow us to directly communicate and more speedily answer questions. You can submit a ticket at the link here

Otherwise, I'd love to get some info about your game real fast.
What OS are you running on?
Did you buy the game through Steam/Origin/AppStore or directly from the OOTP Website?
Have you updated your game to the latest update, should be 19.13 Build 132?
Since it seems like a database location issue have you tried changing the database location to directly at the root of the C drive to see if that clears up the issue?

Let me know about the couple of questions above and if you do submit a ticket I'll be sure to jump on that with Lukas and figure out options for you.

Thanks
Alex
Alex Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:00 PM   #3
Woofywolf
Bat Boy

Re: Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Murray View Post
Hey WoofyWolf,

Yeah, that's not supposed to be happening. From what you've described it sounds like the game can't verify the integrity of the Database folders in the C drive location and is constantly in a state of installing itself. Kinda like steam has an update each and every time you start the game. If you'd like I'd love to have you submit a ticket for me and Lukas to run over. That would allow us to directly communicate and more speedily answer questions. You can submit a ticket at the link here

Otherwise, I'd love to get some info about your game real fast.
What OS are you running on?
Did you buy the game through Steam/Origin/AppStore or directly from the OOTP Website?
Have you updated your game to the latest update, should be 19.13 Build 132?
Since it seems like a database location issue have you tried changing the database location to directly at the root of the C drive to see if that clears up the issue?

Let me know about the couple of questions above and if you do submit a ticket I'll be sure to jump on that with Lukas and figure out options for you.

Thanks
Alex
Hey Alex, thanks so much for the reply you guys are great. I'll submit a ticket for y'all but in the meantime here's some info on the stuff you asked for. Thanks again.

I'm running on Windows 10
I bought this game through steam.
Yes I've updated to the recent build through steam.
I'm not sure how I'd change the database location but I hope that would fix it. Is that something I can do in the game settings or is that done manually in file explorer?

Thanks a ton. Been playing for years and don't want to stop. Appreciate it!
Woofywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #4
Doboaso
Bat Boy

Was this ever solved? I'm having the same problem. Not every time but I'd say every 3rd or 4th time I open the game, Steam goes through the entire process of downloading and installing. My internet connection is slow (I live in a rural area) and this takes 2+ hours sometimes. It also then corrupts my save files, claiming they are from a previous version of the game. If I do not restore from backups, I lose files entirely. I currently have two main games going, 1 is on it's 6th restore, the other it's 3rd (will be 4th when I get into it later tonight). It's kinda killing the game for me at this point.

I'm running it on Windows 10
Latest version available from Steam
Doboaso is offline   Reply With Quote