Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #81
stevem810
All Star Starter

1961 Batting Champ

.352 is the new record for batting average and an amazing jump from the prior year.
Attached Images
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #82
stevem810
All Star Starter

Singe A 1961 Batting Champ

Maxine Mathon of the Blue Sox wins the crown in our league.
Attached Images
Old 06-17-2018, 09:49 PM   #83
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem810 View Post
5 out of 10. Agree, it's a lot of assists. His real strength is Range and Error ratings.
Ah, it looks like he got a bit of a bump in this category as originally this was listed at 4. But yes, overall a very fine defensive outfielder!
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #84
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Post-Season

Defending Champions Giverney were upended by Quebec in the final, four games to two.
Attached Images
Old 06-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #85
stevem810
All Star Starter

Single A Post-Season

The Vultures won it all in Single A. Here is the UPI write up for you to read.
Attached Images
Old 06-21-2018, 04:15 PM   #86
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Off-Season

It's time to put the bat and glove away for a few months and work on preparation for the upcoming 1962 season. I expect to be in Single A baseball and starting my 3rd season. My goals for the off-season are as follows:

1. Cross train. Play some tennis, swim, and do yoga exercises. Not too many people are into the latter but I saw the Yoga for Health telecast out of Los Angeles starring Richard Hittleman. I'm going to give it a try.

2. Continue my education. I will be going to the University for general studies this winter that include writing classes. This will help me with my baseball documentation.

3. Earn some money. My uncle is a part owner in a banana corporation on the island and I will be helping out on a part time basis.

Hope to see everyone in the spring. OK, thanks for following my articles this season. I appreciate it.

Here is a picture of one of the fields located in Le Vauclin, Martinique.
Attached Images
Old 06-21-2018, 07:33 PM   #87
stevem810
All Star Starter

Trade Rumor

This guy right here.....I heard that Montreal offered him to Le Diamant this week for a package of 5 players, including me. Every team would like to have a 14 game winner like Smallwood, I'm sure. Geez, I hope they don't take the deal. No way do I want to leave Martinique right now. I feel like my best shot is with the Diamonds. But, it's kind of out of my control, if you know what I mean. Everyone I have talked to about it says, 'no way' does the deal happen.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-22-2018, 11:47 PM   #88
stevem810
All Star Starter

1962 Pre-Season

I had a great off-season and am ready to resume both my professional baseball career and my amateur journalism career. Alize says it never hurts to have more than one iron in the fire.

First, I wasn't traded.

Second, the team had a very quiet off-season. Team management is sticking to the plan of bringing along the younger players.

Third, both Herve and I have been invited to spring training.

After week 1 Le Diamant is 1-5.
Herve is batting .333 and I'm one for 8 with a double (.125).
Attached Images
Old 06-23-2018, 12:00 AM   #89
stevem810
All Star Starter

Spring Training Week 2

We did better the second week and now own a 5-8 record.
Herve is batting .281 with 1 HR and 5 RBI's. He may not be too far from the Diamonds and Le Diamant.

Here is the depth chart for second base in the org.
Attached Images
Old 06-23-2018, 12:19 AM   #90
stevem810
All Star Starter

Next Week

Wow, I just got word from the coaching staff that they are going to pitch me a bit next week. I was in the bullpen near the end of the first week working on my stuff and the PC Donovan Riviere came up to me and asked me how much I pitched in Single A. I told him, 'not that much'. He kind of shook his head and walked away. I think maybe he saw something in my stuff.

So, a few days later the pitching coach from Single A Christophe Simon comes up to me and tells me to get ready....'just in case'. Well, 'just in case' has morphed into I'm pitching. I told him, no problem, just give me the ball.
Attached Images

Last edited by stevem810; 06-23-2018 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:55 AM   #91
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

This is still an awesome story and a great write-up
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #92
stevem810
All Star Starter

My first SP game

OK, let me just get this out of the way: I was nervous and I pitched terrible this day. I couldn't focus on my pitches, or anything really. It was a disaster.
Now, I'm over it. I move on and the great thing about it is I will get one more start the last day of Spring Training, if Donovan Riviere has anything to say about it (he does, as the Pitching Coach). He's working with me today on a circle change. Wish me luck on Thursday. Then it is off to Basse-Pointe and my third year with the Bandits.
Attached Images
Old 06-23-2018, 12:28 PM   #93
stevem810
All Star Starter

Spring Standings and Season Predictions

We've struggled a bit during the spring but the purpose of Spring Training is to explore your abilities and refine your skills. Le Diamant puts a lot of effort into bringing us along in our careers and that's why I don't want to be traded.
There is an emerging group of under the wire baseball fans who are beginning to use prior statistics to predict future outcomes. Our hitting coach for the Bandits (Kevin Smith) told me all about it. At first I kind of laughed, but he showed us some really good stuff. Kevin says it will be a long time before we fully understand how to use baseball data to make decisions. He promised he'd keep me up on the latest developments.
I told him, 'no problem, I've got plenty of other stuff to worry about with just my game.' He said, 'that's just it Julien, we may be able to use this information to help you with your game.' I'm not sure I really get it but I'm definitely open to anything that will improve my approach to baseball.
I included an example of what this group of statistical guys formulated about the upcoming season. There are a lot of 'ifs' but we'll see how close they come to getting it right.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #94
stevem810
All Star Starter

Final Spring Training Game

The club let me start the final game of the spring at home. It felt like a career moment pitching in front of the home crowd in Le Diamant. My family was there rooting me on. Alize and a few of her girlfriends were in the crowd, too. At first it was distracting but by the 2nd inning I was settled in.
I retired the first 6 batters in a row so I was off to a good start. Most of the Fountain Bleu line-up are considerably more senior than I so I was happy with my results. I almost escaped with just 2 runs scored on me but our reliever in the 6th gave up a few hits that scored base runners that I was responsible for as I gave up a single and my only walk of the day.
Coach Donovan Riviere complimented me on my 50/74 strike to pitch ratio (I didn't even know they tracked that type of data).
Here is the box score. I'll have more information to share after I pack up and catch the team bus to Basse-Pointe. Thanks, everyone, for joining me in Spring Training 1962.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 06-24-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:15 PM   #95
stevem810
All Star Starter

Le Diamant Opens 62 with a Home W!

Our parent team got off on the right foot this week with a win over the always tough Le Morne Rouge ball club. A big crowd showed their support for our franchise on a beautiful 22 C day. There is talk that the Diamonds need to draw more fans than last year to keep the club in the black. We've seen a few cut backs this spring in the Scouting department as two scouts retired and were not replaced.

Herve is in AAA and set to play 3B.

The minor leagues will not start until the next week so most of us are following the Diamonds during that time, something we don't get a chance to do during the season.

Here is the box score for the Opening Day win.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 06-24-2018, 09:27 PM   #96
stevem810
All Star Starter

Prospect Report

Here are the updated prospect reports for the top 10. You'll recognize a familiar name near the middle. In the pitchers portion, I am actually was ranked in the top 100. Hate to think what that #100 prospect has for stuff.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 06-25-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:59 PM   #97
stevem810
All Star Starter

Cosman deals, again

Vic Cosman gave Le Diamant another quality outing earning his 2nd win of the season as the Diamonds even their record at 3-3.

Next in the rotation is highly regarded Sebastian Vautier as Cliff Connel was sent to the 10 day DL with the flu.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-26-2018, 11:07 PM   #98
stevem810
All Star Starter

Renaming the Le Diamant Ball Park

Before tonight's game with Vautier on the mound, the club will officially rename the park to 'The Rock'. It's been around for years and there are no current plans for a modern ball park. The locals love the place.

I thought you might enjoy seeing the graphic at the bottom. It's where I first played baseball, sandlot style. Many fond memories of that field.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 06-26-2018, 11:32 PM   #99
stevem810
All Star Starter

Vautier's Game

Sebastian brought his good stuff to Marseilles and his home country of France. Born in Cleguer in 1938, Vautier cruised for 7.1 innings and the Diamond batters took care of the rest.
Cleguer is just north of L'Oriente and has a population of just under 3,000.

The top of the Le Diamant order is really producing, so far.

Our opener is in 3 more days. We'll play the Gamblers, a French league team.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 06-28-2018, 03:28 PM   #100
stevem810
All Star Starter

Basse-Pointe Bandits Opening Day

We opened up at home. Not the start we anticipated. The 10 LOB is the key stat here. My official write-up is listed below.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 06-28-2018 at 05:31 PM.